Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Stock exchange market

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 1.09.2014, 19:51

franciscojrcosta
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics
l:
Atlantis Ltd

I think there should be a stock exchange market in the game.
I understand that probably the ownership of a company would be endangered if someone could get more than 50% of the company, but a simple rule that limits companies to issue less than 50% of their value in shares would solve that.
I guess stock market would make the game a litle bit more interesting.

Best regards,
Francisco Costa   

• Page:
Message list:  

29.11.2014, 22:55

Blubaba
Eight years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Nine years with Virtonomics
m:
Mojmilo S.A

Yes, if you know the hame "capitalism plus" there was also a stock market. This game was the best business game ever and the stockmarker handling was like in real live.It was superb 

30.11.2014, 15:44

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

I've played Capitalism II

Great game challenging at times Well

As for the stock market part I would love it as it's better than bonds... The thing is like to see is liquidation of companies when they go bankrupt (share owners get first dibs).

One issue with stock markets... paid services are severely under valued... 

1.12.2014, 00:28

Last time edited : 1.12.2014, 00:34

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

Agreed with @gamerz300, before we have a stock market we would need to have a much better asset valuation algorithm.

Another problem is expected the lack of liquidity.  Big companies usually have no need for cash which is the one reason for issuing stocks.

But in the end, adding an MnA dimension to virtonomics could turn out to be pretty cool. Things like investment funds and starter funds would be much more interesting. 

1.12.2014, 13:49

WSC01
Eight years with Virtonomics Forest tycoon
m:
WSC

gamerz300
As for the stock market part I would love it as it's better than bonds... The thing is like to see is liquidation of companies when they go bankrupt (share owners get first dibs).

Suppliers and those who provide credit go first, then shareholders if there is anything left, which mostly there isn't.

And I agree fully with Pyrex that we need a better asset valuation algorithm.
And actually a few more KPI's concerning cashflow, P/L should also be taken into consideration.

Though I doubt this will become real as it's been asked a dozen times before. 

2.12.2014, 17:33

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

gamerz300
I've played Capitalism II

Great game challenging at times Well

One issue with stock markets... paid services are severely under valued...

Shareholders never get the 'first dibs'. It's the secured creditors first, according to their debt, the unsecured, the small payables here and there, and lastly the share holders. They usually get nothing like the guy explained above. 

3.12.2014, 06:45

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

True (forgot about that) but how this game is designed Not precisely

Share holders get dividends which is still better imo than debts... Assuming the company pays out the dividends It could be a fast way of making money.

Example Ford (the company) has a Stock Value of $15 +- Yr Div is $0.5 (currently) which is 3.33% return. Here in Canada you be lucky to get 2.5% in a savings account with no minimum...

Another Example is Tesla. Their stock is actually "useless" for any sort of return (for now) unless it goes up higher than 5% (fees i think thats how much idk i dont do stocks) of what you paid for.

Best Return i have (lazily) found is Penn West Petroleum Ltd...

So if they do the whole stock exchange they should allow users to set return amounts (if any)

If one wants to look at the "market" in a financial way it could be seen as giving a company money. The IPO is basically the buyer handing the company money after that it goes to the pocket of the stock owner. So setting the IPO just right is important as well... Facebook is the first thing that comes to mind, however they spent tons of resources keeping it at the IPO Very we! I remember that day fairly well...

Just a note out of all IPO's only 2 i ever watched... and they where http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_public_offering_of_Facebook ... and Tesla

imagine if you bought both at IPO price and sell now... 

4.12.2014, 13:33

WSC01
Eight years with Virtonomics Forest tycoon
m:
WSC

It's the company that decides to pay a dividend or not.
Some companies don't.

Some companies can't; if they have no profit = no dividend.

The way this game is set, I doubt it would be allowed to pay a dividend to shareholders.
Rather it would be a part of the company (what shares actually represent)
And they might go up or down in value based on the company assets.

Which is why Pyrex immediately brought up that improved valuation.

Maybe stock market with request and demand would be nice.
As at that point it's not just the assets/#shares, but demand and supply.
Which might be used also for the bonds secondary market. 

19.12.2014, 16:14

ragetrade
Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
ZamZam

http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/16/topic/104644/view ...

Please if you have any suggestions on making this game more fun, by creating more oppertunities help me out!
Thanks. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Stock exchange market

• Page: