Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Expanded game Ideas & updates.

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Voting:  

Should be implemented?

Voting duration:

Start: 19.12.2014, 14:55

End date: Not specified

Voting continues
- No, no need.

- Yes, different numbers though.

- Yes

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 19.12.2014, 14:55

Last time edited : 22.12.2014, 23:44

ragetrade
Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
ZamZam

Welcome
Recently i started playing virtonomics and enjoying it immensly!
So i have a few suggestions to make the game broader, and more enjoyable as there will be new oppurtunities.
Stocks (not socks ha), banks, corporation abilitys, long term contracts.

Say +1 if you would like to be added on the supporters list below, so that we enforce the managers of this game to improve it!

First we need a ranking system.
1.Leader
2.Vice leader
3.Member

Now there roles.
*Decision maker
*Stock analyzer
*Production manager
*Retail Manager
*Campaign manager (politics)

So, a ranking would be something like Member *Production manager. Or Leader * Decision maker.
When a corporation starts, the leader will be giving *Decision maker, as this person will always have the last decision on big decisions within the corporation.

A player with * production manager has the ability to gain a bonus (just for himself), such as +1 production.

The corporations can only use every role once in the company. Because there cant be 2 managers of production.

Corporations Fund
As the corporation will have more abilities, it will need funds. These funds should not be funded only by the leader but rather by every person in the corporation.
The leader can set a minimum deposit per turn, so that every person will add to the treasury every turn.

These funds can then be used to buy stocks, which in return can give dividends and or influence.

Also villas, barns and macroeconomics these funds can be used for.

Also, the corporation can buy more corporation space for new members.

* we should not forget, that corporations who do not treat other corporations, companys and or countrys in a positive way, will recieve a negative influence bonus.
This can be anything, please give suggestions.
A bank can create a service platform for the following types of bussines activities.
Possibly owned by corporations, and players.

Bonds
These have to be changed, as they are not being used in the proper way.
The way should be as following:
Bonds can be issued by the company, these are loans and intrest must be paid everyday . The company decides the amount of price, the duration of the bond and the % of intrest.
If we do that we can now make a bond market better then the current.

Buyers of bond recieve intrest and thats how the value of bonds increase, buyers can sell bonds at any time to another player or bank.(transfering one bond to another player doesnt affect bond issued player)
Back to banks, will be updated shortly

Company who sold bonds, will be able to settle (repay) the debt anytime. This the company would do to reduce intrest payment. So a company is encouraged to get the money back. Also since their bond can be designd for their needs, there will be less troubles.

Stock Markets
So far we can sell bonds, but our company's have no shares. Would it not be amazing to implement such a new infrastructure such as stocks?  This will also enable us to merge or takeover other companies in full.
In order to make the stock market succesfull, there should be laws & a standard quo growth path (not to be followed at all times)

A company will be starting out as a soultrader and eventualy becomes Public unlimited.
Also company's can be given a credit ranking , determening the companys value, from DDD to AAA*.
[ A company must keep 51% shares]

Soultrader -> DDD credit rating (under 50M) [Can not issue stocks or bonds]

Private company ->CCC credit rating (under 250M) [Can not issue stocks][Payment must be made of 5M to change state of the company]

P.Limited company -> CCC* credit rating (under 500M) [Able to issue shares to the COUNTRY only and company's established in the country(owner keeps 51%of shares) ]

Public company -> BBB credit rating (500M+) [Able to issue stocks worldwide, to become a BBB credit company the business have to pay a 50M one time fee.]

Global company -> AAA credit rating (1B+) [Has all ability's as above + influence on countrys limited to 1 per company, example: "Global company recieves +1 production in (select country)"]

Everytime you place an order it says you are making a contract, but is it really a contract if both sides can cancle at anytime?
So i have thought of an additional contract type.
Long term contracts, these are contracts which last longer than just one turn.
One can arrange a contract with a producer for 6-12-24-52 Virto weeks. According to this contract, the supplier must deliver a certain quantity of goods every turn OR deliver a total amount of quantity of goods before the end of the contract (at end of 6-52 weeks).
If either Supplier or purchaser are unable to continu a contract, then a fee must be paid by the one stopping the contracts. *unless both cancle contract at same update.

Pro's - Wholesalers have a more stable income and suppliers aswell. Market prices wil stay more stable. And people who did arrange a contract have more profit ability.
Cons- A supplier must keep producing the product even if market price's rise.
So the time should be balanced, so that people will not only produce in low custom duty countries. But rather look at the location aswell as all the other factors surrounding the ability of making a profitable bussiness. Lets not forget, this is a simulator and should be simulated according to life.

We can even bring it a step further by saying, include new types of logistics (sea, air, road) which a company can choose between.
These logistics wil have a difference in , the time it takes for the products to travel, the price it cost for the products to travel.

• Page:
Message list:  

19.12.2014, 14:55

Last time edited : 21.12.2014, 21:01

ragetrade
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
ZamZam

Support list!Ridiculously

19.12.2014, 18:30

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

A few quick thoughts:

1) nice ideas!
2) let's be carefule with company takeovers
3) we need more advance balance sheets so stock analyzers and the investment banking teams have something to do 

19.12.2014, 20:24

Last time edited : 19.12.2014, 20:45

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

paradox: You acquire my company, so what i am now? as i don't have any separate bank account, other than my company's, to where do you transfer my money when you want to buy my shares?

Interesting ideas, but i guess the current game design cannot support shares and stocks. The basic requirement is that Company and Player to become two different entities, or two different objects (in computer programming language). The way I see it now player and company are a single object. If you separate them into two different entities the company and player can have separate bank accounts, which is basically essential for all that you said. I don't say it's hard to implement, but I doubt developer team is going to change such basic fundamentals of the game, that will affect the whole game design. They must really start from scratch, but in my view it's worth it. 

19.12.2014, 21:09

ragetrade
l:
ZamZam

Yes wonson, you are very right. Thats why there could just be set a limit until 51% shares which is fine. 

19.12.2014, 23:31

Cwalen

I'ld like more complexity with the bond system. It'ld take some coding but most importantly it would create issues for game balance.

Bonds at the moment are useful mid game, but really it's so easy to get more money than you will ever need to grow with a few points, most of the traffic I have seen is metagaming.

Stock market seems like a good idea as well, Given the age of the game it may not be expressed in an OO framework.
Attaching extra data to the player ID shouldn't be too hard. Again it's an issue of game balance.

http://thecapitalistgame.com ... has an example of the functionality.

Well

20.12.2014, 12:09

Cwalen

Adding complexity to the experience of corporations would be nice.

However, I do not believe the lack of formal game mechanics gets in the way of corps being useful.

Being able to sell corp only, allows established players to release materials to corp members, and corp members to easily trade amongst themselves.

Communication is easier within a corp, you assume your team mates are there to help you.

Mechanics to pay the corp leader are more or less meaningless, because at that level of play the money it's self is meaningless, especially in terms of the smaller companies ability to pay.

Party mechanics might be what you are looking for there. 

21.12.2014, 09:15

AD_Roy
Eight years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health

Making bonds available to everyone should be implemented, political system must be very elaborate there must be admistrative red tape that must take time like 1 or two weeks(game time) to complete like permission from municipality etc. 

22.12.2014, 12:54

WSC01
Eight years with Virtonomics Forest tycoon
m:
WSC

All nice enough ideas.
Though I feel that we should first prioritize on getting a better asset calculation
And resolve the liquidation of bankrupt companies

Otherwise implementing these ideas might not have the desired effect.

2) As on Stock Market, limit it to min. 50% ownership.
Because takeovers to me seem not in the spirit of this game. 

22.12.2014, 23:25.     Subject: I voted "No"

Blubaba
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Mojmilo S.A

I thing there many good ideas, but there are to much of them-

At the long run the game should have a stockmarket like in the game "Capitalism". But this would mean to reengeneer the hole game.

I thing the Bond market must be improved: If u want to issue dept there should be an auction where the buyer can make their offers. So the market dertiminates the interest of the dept. The zerobond approach is ok and should not be changed. But ther should be a secondery market so that everybody can sell and buy outstanding debt. 

23.12.2014, 00:31

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

I voted yes and then everything changed that I voted on  I roll! 

26.12.2014, 01:11

CD78
Six years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
n:
CD78 Ltd.
m:
CD78 Incorporated

I agree with most of the suggestions as they would improve the game 

2.01.2015, 15:09

Last time edited : 2.01.2015, 15:10

Xeonos
Two years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics

I like the Logistics suggestions.

Perhaps those transports by sea, air and road could become services which in turn can be started and managed by players? 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Expanded game Ideas & updates.

• Page: