Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Big Boys Taking over

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 24.04.2014, 03:36

windps
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Three years with Virtonomics

I understand the Usefulness of Tenders and it's a nice way to get bonuses and points. The Problem is on Mary is a lot harder to get rolling due to no resources and most things are overrun. It Seems to be good for well established players but hurts newer people....A LOT.

That being said....I Am Building up a store for about 5 Game Months or so, I find a nice spot where no one is at. Then Two(has to be same person) Selling everything the same moves in and in one day Takes over the market because his high Q he can advertise WAY more and with little to no effort just take over. Hence most Of these "games" are hard to get anywhere because of the "Elites" That either just bought points, no matter the skill level or have been in the game so long No one can catch them.

Not sure how to build when you find a good spot, someone has a Tender and screws everything you did in one day to win a one point tender. I feel I did all the work so someone could just move in and make all the profit. Dirty Normal Business maybe but still not very classy to do and hard to grow without buying Points(maybe that's the point). Also very suspicious to have 2 diff people doing the same thing.....working together maybe for the tender.

Basically my store is Trash now (was my best one) as I will never be able to compete for the little market it is. Of course this isn't the first time, and with more tenders in whatever region I am in will suffer the same fate. For Some reason I am still trying to make it on the realm.

I don't Really understand why the maps are so incomplete, no USA or the West except Cuba and Ven. Maybe with more open space newer players could build up.   

• Page:
Message list:  

24.04.2014, 05:18

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

Since i regularly take part in tenders, on lien that is, I'll try to give a good answer as per my understanding.

No tenderman will give you/any other player a notice. He/she will come in, storm the city with products, and leave just as he came. It's a 3 day storm (at max), and frankly, every player should be able to withstand it. That is called diversification. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your risk. Open up more stores so you don't stay dependent on only 1 store for a large part of your income. That is finance 101.
The likelihood of being stormed at multiple locations is slim, in fact, it's almost non-existent. Think about it.

2 or more people may work together. I have worked with a couple of people to win tenders. I still do. And I probably will in the future. Until and unless the devs bring a law against it, I doubt anyone would stop.

I was in a similar situation, i have posted about it in forums (on the faq section i think) about how people take over the tenders. That was atleast 6 months ago. And now people probably say that about me. I barely let tenders slide by anymore. It's a matter of time and perspective before you get the hang of the game and you become the 'big boy' you are complaining about. When the virts flow, no one really cares. True story. 

24.04.2014, 05:27

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

Sorry about using clever tricks in that tender. It was dirty business as usual; not very classy, but certainly rewarding. I usually cooperate with other players in contests and for this specific one - "in spite of the competition" - I always do. I even call them "cooperation tenders". Well

About your store, I expect that the local markets return to normal when the tender stores are gone.

About the map, there are still a lot of unemployment with the current map. More countries would require more players/larger companies, in my opinion. 

24.04.2014, 18:15

Last time edited : 24.04.2014, 18:16

Vipero
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Yeah, Mike trashed me quite a lot of times. I thought he was after destroying me, just for fun (as I could not think of any other reason), untill I noticed he's tender loving Very we!
After a few days of pain it will be over again and profit flows in once more. Im at the brink of becoming a full tenderman myself, since I don't have much space to grow in Dirty Normal Business anymore.

About cooperation: I really like to win this directorcontest, but Im getting behind more each day Not so So, I really could use some help!! PM me if you can help me!Well 

24.04.2014, 19:59

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

Vipero
he's tender loving

I roll! 

24.04.2014, 22:53

windps
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Can't seem to get much traction on Mary.....very slow. I couldn't branch out much because of low Q. Expanding more now, but still hard to find little Niche markets. Without Gold or other resources on the market, it makes it tough.

I know there is a few more players on Lien, but why isn't there much resources for sale when on Lien you can find most things? Mary has been around longer too right? 

25.04.2014, 04:49

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

I suposse that Mary has more cheapskate players, or focus on self-supply chains, or both. To you But there is an alternative way most of times.

Try with stores in Latvia, Lithuania and Finland. You can get awfully high selling prices in the snob area there and the competence rarely floods the market. 

25.04.2014, 11:38

Last time edited : 25.04.2014, 11:44

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Vipero
Yeah, Mike .... 's tender loving Very we!

Love me tenders, oh yeah! Sorry guys to crash in like a mad monkey,  its nothing personal and i'm usually gone as quick as i appeared 

25.04.2014, 12:53

Last time edited : 25.04.2014, 12:53

XiozZe
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Oxellic

Mike1
i'm usually gone as quick as i appeared

That the reason we don't like you boy. Very we!

Wait a couple of months, when I got by tenders scripted, you will have to work for your virts while I'm just pressing a self-made button once a day. So-so

(Nothing personal....) 

25.04.2014, 16:52

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

XiozZe
just pressing a self-made button once a day

It is surprised 

26.04.2014, 11:55

windps

One thing that really confuses me is I get advertisement for max population I have 65% of a small market share and someone comes in the first day of a store, gets 1 mil customers(not even 1 mil in the city), doubles my popular score and Steals 15% on the SAME exact Q/B. Mine was actually 1 cent lower. This is not a tender run btw, no tenders for these items or overall sales. Tired of getting run over and I don't understand how people can steal just like that.

I find a spot where no one is at and they come swooping in to steal everything when I get a good thing going. It would seem logical that it would be very hard to take away sales once you have them unless you sell a better item and even that would seem like a much slower process than one day.

Maybe I don't understand how advertising works.....maybe common sense doesn't apply. Max Population advertising, Elite rating, great sales and someone doubles my rating in one day.

Honestly a clue if I'm building stores wrong.  Tears 

26.04.2014, 14:08

punnu
Six years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Buyr

To you 

26.04.2014, 15:13

wolf85
Appolo in turquoise The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

XiozZe
Mike1
i'm usually gone as quick as i appeared

That the reason we don't like you boy. Very we!

Wait a couple of months, when I got by tenders scripted, you will have to work for your virts while I'm just pressing a self-made button once a day. So-so

(Nothing personal....)

i guess most tenders couldn't be scripted and Mike changes his strategy often. my strategy is to make every tender and to hope that once mike isn't active or make mistakes. it is rare but it happens from time to time. :-) 

26.04.2014, 16:59

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

Windps: not sure what happened to your market, but other players also do research. If you found a sweet spot, it is not unlikely that someone else found it too. 

28.04.2014, 12:06

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

windps
One thing that really confuses me is I get advertisement for max population I have 65% of a small market share and someone comes in the first day of a store, gets 1 mil customers(not even 1 mil in the city), doubles my popular score and Steals 15% on the SAME exact Q/B. Mine was actually 1 cent lower. This is not a tender run btw, no tenders for these items or overall sales. Tired of getting run over and I don't understand how people can steal just like that.

I find a spot where no one is at and they come swooping in to steal everything when I get a good thing going. It would seem logical that it would be very hard to take away sales once you have them unless you sell a better item and even that would seem like a much slower process than one day.

Maybe I don't understand how advertising works.....maybe common sense doesn't apply. Max Population advertising, Elite rating, great sales and someone doubles my rating in one day.

Honestly a clue if I'm building stores wrong.  Tears

Popularity is the key. Someone with good advertising skills can easily get a store to a popularity rating of 300+ in 1 day. If that is twice your popularity, then it's clear that the competing store will have a lot more visitors, and as a logical consequence a lot more sales.

The number of visitors can be higher than the population. Maybe people come in more than once a week. Maybe there are tourists. Immigrant workers.
(granted, some number might not be that realistic, but let's not dwell on imperfections)

As for advertising reach: if you advertise enough to reach every citizen once a week, and I advertise in such a way that they hear, see, read my name 5 times a day, it is clear that my popularity will benefit more. Of course the effect will fade. And there might even be a hard cutoff where more advertising doesn't at anything anymore. But that point is far beyond the once a week frequency. 

28.04.2014, 12:39

del.862743
Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics
m:
Remie Incorporated

Its time to reboot this game so everyone starts over, like the most business games already do. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Big Boys Taking over

• Page: