Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Help with earning income please

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 4.12.2012, 12:01

WTFRage360

Hi guys, been trying to play this game for a month now and still can't figure it out. I've tried reading through numerous forum posts and it's not making it any clearer to me =(

I'm really struggling with making a profit (something I can't do at all - just can't seem to get the sales!)

I've restarted so many times trying it different ways (mostly retail which is what I wanted to go into)

I've tried having full advertising, some advertising, lots of staff, minimal amount of staff, cheap products to sell, expensive to sell (depending which area I put the store into) and nothing is working.

I just end up with something like 5-10k of sales and minimum of 20-60k expenses dependant on advertising ( not including buying any stock!)

Can someone please explain how I am meant to make money?!

This is going to be my final restart once I do it and I think after that I may just give up Not so   

• Page:
Message list:  

4.12.2012, 13:37

WTFRage360

To add to it I've been mainly doing food stores..Got a clothing store as well but it does terribly, even worse thanthe food ones 

4.12.2012, 16:45

Jane84
Witch's brew Bat Head of Frankenstein Witch's hat Ghost Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion Cocktail
Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Participant's tiara of Miss Virtonomics 2012 contest Shamanic Mohawk The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Three years with Virtonomics

My advices to you:
Make sure, that all of your subdivision work (or will work if new) with 100% efficiency. That's very important.
Before ordering goods to stores or starting any kind of production, study the reports and make sure beforehand, that these investments are expected to be short-term profitable.

Good luck. Well 

4.12.2012, 16:50

WTFRage360

Well I am running at 100% efficiency all the time in all of my subdiviions (shops, factories etc)

I'm just finding it hard to actually gain sales? I'm charging less than pretty much every other store and still not getting the sales.. 

4.12.2012, 16:56

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

I have 0 experience with the outskirts of Munich, but I find it hard to see any viable business there. I'd expect low visitor numbers combined with low selling prices.

I'd suggest you do some research to find markets where you can set up a small shop in the city centre and allow you to sell better than average product for less than average prices and still have some profit margin.

The cities you should be looking at shouldn't be too wealthy as you might not be able to handle highly qualified staff yet. 

4.12.2012, 17:37

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

oh and also:

welcome to the game!
Good of you to post on the forum.
Avoid having multiple departments in 1 store, it hurts sales.
Aim for elite service levels at all times. (right now you have "very high", which isn't too shabby either, of course)
It's better to sell less at high margins than lots at low margins because you'll run into financing troubles soon. Getting your cash caught up in stocks means you'll be missing out on profits.

Good luck with the research (Game world -> reports)! 

4.12.2012, 18:30

WTFRage360

I can choose where my store goes? I chose the gift thing and then that's where my stores were placed? 

4.12.2012, 18:32

WTFRage360

I'm even more confused.. lol 

4.12.2012, 20:14

Last time edited : 4.12.2012, 20:15

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Choosing the "Gift from Uncle" places your enterprises at a random location. If you open your own office (new subdivision) somewhere else, you can open new stores there.

The main expense problem possibly comes from your factory and lab. If you happen to be struggling against expenses, I would suggest you to temporary cut the material supply to the factory, and put it in vacations, aswell as the lab. That way you'll minimize the expenses until you can depend on your stores for the basic income.

As for stores, I would suggest you to open a small specializated (1 departament) store in a city having low wages cost. Other than that, it is just getting supplies for a low price (and a decent/average quality) and resell them in store. Keep in mind that is the price to get them is high, you might not want to add it to your store. If some piece of clothing has a higher price for being supplied than the average city price, be sure no customers will buy it. In that case it is better not to buy that product and focus on the ones you can afford.

As for specializations, food has one of the widest ranges, so you can place many of them in a single store. Grocery and clothing can be a fine choice too. Again, I would suggest focusing in starting slowly at low cost (cheap and small supply shipments, moderated wages, small rent costs...) in order to cover the costs of other facilities. You'll advance at your own pace as you see the results of your store/s. 

4.12.2012, 22:13

WTFRage360

Oh okay so I would be best to start again but without the gift?

When you order however many goods, do they come daily or is it just a one time purchase?

Also I can't seem to get on at the minute it's just saying server unavailable,  is this the update time? It's been saying it for a few hours 

5.12.2012, 12:37

JustNash
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

no need to restart. You can just stop supplying everything your uncle gave you and use the proceeds to invest in new things.

When you place an order, it is by definition recurring. However, your supplier might run out of stocks, might cancel the order, or you yourself might not have enough cash to buy everything. And sometimes, orders just don't get delivered for no apparent reason.

Updates: I'm not exactly sure, but on Mary the update is somewhere around midnight GMT. 

5.12.2012, 18:35

WTFRage360

I've tried starting again as I lost all my money from no sales

Started in Cos city centre with a jewelry store as by the world reports it said they were making a decent profit with low wages and taxes so hopefully I can finally actually make some money...or I'll fail miserably again and quit lol 

6.12.2012, 16:26

WTFRage360

No sales at all this time? Am I doing something wrong? I read through all the reports and found something where there's decent profit in everything (jewelry) and now I'm getting no sales at all??? 

7.12.2012, 07:49

willkarol
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
m:
WKO & Partners Financial

Hey man... Fellow new guy here. Don't feel too frustrated, I'm having more if not equal trouble getting off the ground. I'm not sure about this so  I feel bad speculating, but I find its extremely hard to be competitive when every other person in the market seems to have a billion of everything with high quality and brand for cheap. I've spent a huge amount of time trying to find un-tapped markets with little success until recently when I found a product with only 3 competitors. They have tons more than me but i m hoping i can stake a claim and make a profit. I've asked around the support threads offering cash but they're all pretty old. I applied for a few companies but again with little support. I get an overall feeling this game relies on player activeness and most people are just trillionares with production set up that's just been running years after they quit. So yeah..... I need some help too. 

7.12.2012, 16:12

Last time edited : 7.12.2012, 16:13

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

WTFRage360
No sales at all this time? Am I doing something wrong? I read through all the reports and found something where there's decent profit in everything (jewelry) and now I'm getting no sales at all???

The service level of your only store marks it as "normal". Do you have enough workers for it? Or do they have enough skill level? Check the main page of the store to check what is doing it go down: lack of workers, lack of worker skills, lack of your own in-game qualification or office efficiency (that would require checking the office itself for same causes, too).

As for competition, keep in mind that older companies have much more power, and it's always hard for new enterprises to begin from the scratch and thrive. This goes that way in real life too. It's just getting a good idea, a decent product, and a decent brand later. Until then, you might find the right place for selling with your stores. Once you have a good budget, a decent tech level and your own suppliers, you can make your own way in the world of markets. But yeah, starting will often force you to rely on buying and selling others' products first. 

7.12.2012, 17:44

WTFRage360

It says I need 7 workers and I have 15 so I think that I am okay with that?

I mean even before when I've played and only had a couple workers and losing money, I was still making some sales ( just not eanywhere near enough to cover overheads) now I'm not making a single sale at all

I reallu thought I'd picked a good market to get in with decent profits and low taxes and wages, but turns out I'm worse than before.. lol 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Help with earning income please

• Page: