Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Help with earning income please

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 4.12.2012, 12:01

WTFRage360

Hi guys, been trying to play this game for a month now and still can't figure it out. I've tried reading through numerous forum posts and it's not making it any clearer to me =(

I'm really struggling with making a profit (something I can't do at all - just can't seem to get the sales!)

I've restarted so many times trying it different ways (mostly retail which is what I wanted to go into)

I've tried having full advertising, some advertising, lots of staff, minimal amount of staff, cheap products to sell, expensive to sell (depending which area I put the store into) and nothing is working.

I just end up with something like 5-10k of sales and minimum of 20-60k expenses dependant on advertising ( not including buying any stock!)

Can someone please explain how I am meant to make money?!

This is going to be my final restart once I do it and I think after that I may just give up Not so   

• Page:
Message list:  

7.12.2012, 20:08

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

The city of Abidjan has a low wealth level 2.75 (World map / Cote d'Ivoire / Cote d'Ivoire), it might be hard to sell jewelry for decent price there. If you decide to remain in that area, perhaps the best choice would be going a la Discount. Sell a lot, but sell cheap. Most of jewelry stores are in the City Center and Fashionable district. The Fashionable one requires highest quality, so forget about it. As a last resort you might move the store to the residential zone, but at the cost of having to sell cheaper. Even that way it might not be enough.

Keep in mind that jewelry is more a luxury, in low wealth areas it makes it harder. May I suggest parking the jewelry aside for a while, and make it a food store mainly? Again, you might try the previous suggestion instead, but jewelry is sold better at richer cities. 

27.12.2012, 13:38

Last time edited : 27.12.2012, 13:46

wolf85
Three years with Virtonomics
Appolo in turquoise The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

advice

1. learn how to cut cost. sell everything or close what isn't profitable
2. if you start change the prices in the stores from your uncle. in markets with high prices are also often high quality products, which means high competition. Also look for the wages.
3. start to buy small numbers of products and raise it slowly. don't buy to much stock you can't sell.
4. don't choose random gift, its better to choose grocery store at first.
5. try to make the quests
6. the office gives sometimes unexpected money for placing new furniture
7. look in the forum for the qualification tables
8. study the technology market 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Help with earning income please

• Page: