Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> do we have to pay for everything now?

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 6.10.2012, 10:27

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

Recent additions to the game have all been aimed at trying to get more players to spend more real money. This has caused some frustrations left and right it would appear.

So let me start a discussion with a little anecdote. I bought a $50 racing game for our console. Throughout the game, they try to sell you add-ons. The coolest cars are only available in the online store. You can buy packs of cars. Of course, you have to pay extra for those.

Virtonomics doesn't charge us $50 to start playing the game. Nor do we have to pay to continue to play the game. If, however, we want access to some add-ons (gold for luxury products; copper and its derivative products; flowers for certain medical products; ...) we need to pay.

Of course, I'd like to have everything for free. But let's be realistic: developping and running this game costs loads of money! That has to come from somewhere. In that respect, I can live with having to pay for certain aspects.

Or look at it from another perspective: if certain players are willing to sponsor the game with real money, they should get something in return. I can live with the game offering them access to some of the rarer products. As long as those aren't essential to running a business.

As a footnote: you can also try to win virts through contests and tenders. ATTENTION: don't start clones to do this. Cheaters will get caught!

But these are just my 2 cents! Open to any other views Very we!   

• Page:
Message list:  

6.10.2012, 18:05

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Even if they don't want to get something in return, consider it a donation, the way to get Virts for non-payment players is virtually impossible for them in tenders. It's out of grasp, and mainly the same players with much advanced business get them there.

In my opinion (already commented it before), they should do like in other online games where payment players can get stuff and trade it for in-game currency. This wouldn't have any negative effect in donations, as getting the stuff introduced into the game requires a player donating previously. This is already being done with fishing bases and such, where a payment player donates to get points, uses them to get the base, and re-sells it for a lot more in in-game cash value.

It wouldn't be different if those players directly sold their points for in game cash. 1 point can be traded for 5 in-game million? OK, the player can sell that point for 50 million. As many players have no other way to get the points but can get in-game million, they would be willing to pay those 50 million for it. More players keep donating and introducing game points into the game, and more players keep trading their in-game million for them. The circle of points.

Is there any way for a non-payment player to get their own palace (1.000 points) without donating? Right now, it's virtually impossible. 

6.10.2012, 20:08

Melchior2008
Лидер розничной торговли Сенегала Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Kuwait retail leader
m:
RoMa Inc.

I hope the disappearing of independent suppliers won't go on, because it really ruins the business perspectives, not only for experienced players, but also for newbies, who don't necesseralily understand why so many sectors are impossible to access without paying.

I remember when I started, timber wasn't available and that really bugged me. So did flowers and oranges. And I wanted to start some plantations, but I rapidly had to forget about it. 

7.10.2012, 02:57

Last time edited : 7.10.2012, 02:58

RichieRoby
Seven years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I am not going to lie, I did "invest" in timber cause I knew I was going to hit a wall if I didn't. But I don't mind tossing a few bucks into something I enjoy. There could be a lot worse things to blow my money on (believe me I have)..

That said, I do like the placement of independent suppliers in certain sectors in order to keep the big guys "honest," so to speak. And I do agree that keeping things "two-tier"to the point that items are out of reach of new players will keep the game from growing. So there has to be a balance, and the trick is achieving that.

7.10.2012, 14:45

ackermann
Nine years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
Ackermann Industries

I would prefer to have independent suppliers for every raw product, but just at small amounts. That would keep out the frustation for newbies, since they can experiment with every product then. Players who want higher production numbers then would have to pay for the additional raw products.
One problem with this would be cheaters who start new accounts to get more of the raw materials. May be there could be some restriction that free available raw materials can not be sold, but only used for production. 

7.10.2012, 18:05

Melchior2008
Лидер розничной торговли Сенегала Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Kuwait retail leader
m:
RoMa Inc.

When independent suppliers disappear for a raw material, the price immediately increases radically on the wholesale market, and not only is this raw material not available at a reasonable price anymore (if at all), but it also creates a huge gap between paying players and non-paying players, because the value of those materials suddenly rises, and also because the market for the final products using this raw materials suddenly becomes less competitive because of all the companies which get out of it due to lack of raw materials, and it ends in prices going up for those final products, and those companies who remain on the market hit the jackpot. 

7.10.2012, 19:21

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

ackermann
I would prefer to have independent suppliers for every raw product, but just at small amounts. That would keep out the frustation for newbies, since they can experiment with every product then. Players who want higher production numbers then would have to pay for the additional raw products.
One problem with this would be cheaters who start new accounts to get more of the raw materials. May be there could be some restriction that free available raw materials can not be sold, but only used for production.

that is an amazing idea! 

10.10.2012, 21:03

Yasaroo
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Mike1
ackermann

that is an amazing idea!

+1 

25.10.2012, 21:29

narancasta
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Two years with Virtonomics

It seems to me not much thought has been given to the consequences of introduced changes. It is one thing to have to pay to produce only certain, usually new products introduced and another when a very basic product becomes dependant on a resource with no indepedent supplier. The lab equipment market will just crumble unless they change the aluminum required to something else. The prices are already sky high and it's a matter of time when there won't be any even at that price. I won't even mention what it means to new players, to whom labs were very expensive to start anyway. EVERYBODY needs lab equipment, how the heck can that be dependant on paid resource.

In general, it is uncool IMO to abolish indpendent suppliers after people have created production chains dependant on them. In case of aluminum, for instance, most new products require cooper too, so why not make only copper without supply and leave aluminum as it is. That would not make running existing companies impossible without investing considerable amounts of real money, while still requireing point investment for new lines of products. 

17.11.2012, 00:03.     Subject: reality

Last time edited : 17.11.2012, 14:19

myklo
Eight years with Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
SOROS

http://www.trafficestimate.com/virtonomics.com ...  

17.11.2012, 14:29

Jane84
Witch's brew Bat Head of Frankenstein Witch's hat Ghost Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion Cocktail
Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Participant's tiara of Miss Virtonomics 2012 contest Shamanic Mohawk The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Please, be polite in this discussion, guys. To wink
If I'm not wrong, anyone could start his own realm (it costs a sighnificant sum of money, but the income goes to investor). So anyone could start his own gameworld with his own rules and try to make it profitable. 

17.11.2012, 23:19

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

Jane84
Please, be polite in this discussion, guys. To wink
If I'm not wrong, anyone could start his own realm (it costs a sighnificant sum of money, but the income goes to investor). So anyone could start his own gameworld with his own rules and try to make it profitable.

Seriously? Any ballpark idea concerning the price? 

18.11.2012, 00:06

Jane84
Witch's brew Bat Head of Frankenstein Witch's hat Ghost Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion Cocktail
Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Participant's tiara of Miss Virtonomics 2012 contest Shamanic Mohawk The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

I've just heard it but hadn't find official info. Maybe this programm was canceled. Found only some rumours. (russian text, dated 2010 y. Not precisely, mentioned price 50 ths. usd) 

18.11.2012, 10:29

JustNash
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

That's just a tad over what I was willing to fork up just to have my own game realm. I would've gone for anything below $49k, but $50k is just too much Very we!

btw: I'm pretty sure neither Mary nor Lien brings in $50k a year :-) 

18.11.2012, 16:47

Last time edited : 18.11.2012, 16:56

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

JustNash
That's just a tad over what I was willing to fork up just to have my own game realm. I would've gone for anything below $49k, but $50k is just too much Very we!

btw: I'm pretty sure neither Mary nor Lien brings in $50k a year :-)

The last thing they need is fragmenting the current realms player number even more. If I had advanced PHP knowledge, some free time and a good idea, I might start my own online game. I'm sure it would cost me less than that to start it. But it all seems too easy this way, it's hard to get all the stuff done to begin your very own game. 

18.11.2012, 21:41

Melchior2008
m:
RoMa Inc.

Rogue_Cat
If I had advanced PHP knowledge, some free time and a good idea, I might start my own online game.

How about trying to climb the ladder in this game first ? Ridiculously 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> do we have to pay for everything now?

• Page: