Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> do we have to pay for everything now?

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 6.10.2012, 10:27

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

Recent additions to the game have all been aimed at trying to get more players to spend more real money. This has caused some frustrations left and right it would appear.

So let me start a discussion with a little anecdote. I bought a $50 racing game for our console. Throughout the game, they try to sell you add-ons. The coolest cars are only available in the online store. You can buy packs of cars. Of course, you have to pay extra for those.

Virtonomics doesn't charge us $50 to start playing the game. Nor do we have to pay to continue to play the game. If, however, we want access to some add-ons (gold for luxury products; copper and its derivative products; flowers for certain medical products; ...) we need to pay.

Of course, I'd like to have everything for free. But let's be realistic: developping and running this game costs loads of money! That has to come from somewhere. In that respect, I can live with having to pay for certain aspects.

Or look at it from another perspective: if certain players are willing to sponsor the game with real money, they should get something in return. I can live with the game offering them access to some of the rarer products. As long as those aren't essential to running a business.

As a footnote: you can also try to win virts through contests and tenders. ATTENTION: don't start clones to do this. Cheaters will get caught!

But these are just my 2 cents! Open to any other views Very we!   

• Page:
Message list:  

18.11.2012, 22:40

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Melchior2008
How about trying to climb the ladder in this game first ? Ridiculously

Like what? To you 

19.11.2012, 02:14

Last time edited : 19.11.2012, 02:16

Melchior2008
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Kuwait retail leader
m:
RoMa Inc.

Rogue_Cat

Like what? To you

You know, starting to make some big bucks with your company, reach the 10 billions, get the black belt, all that... So-so 

19.11.2012, 02:35

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

It will take some years to get that much. Also, how would that help with the other project? To you 

20.11.2012, 03:19

Melchior2008
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Kuwait retail leader
m:
RoMa Inc.

Rogue_Cat
It will take some years to get that much.

Years ? Oh come on... Very we! 

25.11.2012, 03:33

Ehabov
Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
m:
Ehab Holdings

I think they can get the money necessary to sustain the game from advertisements and/or selling this game as an app on apple platforms. They can also sell a PC based version that allows friends to play a mulitplayer competition. There are endless ways other than making this become like Evony!! 

26.11.2012, 17:50

Last time edited : 26.11.2012, 18:01

CoolHandLuke

The price charged for game virts is way too much. It would cost thousands of REAL money to buy what I really want to grow my business. I have spent a few $ dollars here and there, but I draw the line when lumber, farms, mines reach into the several hundred US dollars. I recently tried to get back into the Tenders game to win Virts, but that is just a joke. Competing with Players with Billions or even Trillions of game money just is not easy to do. In the real world I just have to have the money. I do not need the Virt thing to make a purchase or expand my business. If the game owners want to charge for virts, then how about reducing the price by AT LEAST a multiple of 10. Maybe try some of the "principles of elasticity" in the pricing! The supply of Virts is endless for the game owners to produce. Players will only pay so much for Virts. Find a price that allows people to play the game and purchase Virts at a Reasonable price. I would spend maybe $50 for a large farm or sawmill when I needed to expand, but there is NO WAY I will spend $500 Real hard earned dollars. 

26.11.2012, 18:13.     Subject: Traffic Estimate link from myklo

CoolHandLuke

Many thanks out to you myklo for the link.  The site owners should take a good hard look and ask why this is happening.

Down 62% !!

Do the site owners want this a game for a few who can just win as many virts as they want? or do the right thing and throttle back on virt charges and let more people participate. 

28.11.2012, 19:17

Rogue_Cat
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

There would be a main problem with the re-pricing of VIRTs: players who already bought them previously would feel frustrated if the prices were lowered, specially those who got them recently.

About the sudden loss of players, I guess we can study why that happens. Some players might lose interest in a game for many reasons:

-The "testing for a while": might be enough for checking if the game is amusing or not to them. Myself, I have wondered about leaving because of the lack of time, but I managed to follow the productor way, thus requiring less time than others who manage hundred of stores at the same time. The game is entertaining, challenging, allows free-roaming and you are not forced to follow a pre-set path. So, it's relatively easy to adapt the gameplay style to real life time.

-VIRTs frustration: a thing that also made me think, "I should forget about going somewhere here" was this. Enterprises of larger size than 2 require the use of gamepoints in order to get their innovations installed. Double edge blade, as it makes you consider the investment, as it can go waste if you happen to change the size of the enterprise. Thus, max it out, or forget about installing it. That, and I'll never own my palace by collecting VIRTs in the game, with non-payment methods. Some players are limited due to not having online banking for whatever reason. And contests and tenders make sure you see that players winning them are the ones having 300 VIRTs in account. The more you have, the more you get. A non-payment player can't compete at that level to win them. The "laws" prevent the trading of game points/VIRTs for in-game money with other players, bad move in my opinion, as it reduces the number of game points being introduced in the game.

-Online competence: as we know, game clones pop-up like flies on the Net. Some of them might offer more freedom to players, and they might be lured to them. Nothing prevents players from being on them both, except the lack of time or the rate the games keeps getting new updates. Some games seemed to be forgotten by their creators, while others get weekly updates and give it more "life". But once one of them greatly surpasses the other, it's very unlikely to keep the audience. It's just like selling low-quality jewelry in the Fashionable District, competence will make it almost impossible. Same happens here.

I'm not sure if I forget something, more reasons for gradually leaving/losing interest in online games? 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> do we have to pay for everything now?

• Page: