Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Companies that cancel your orders..

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 1.06.2010, 04:26

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

Hey all but I need to go on a little rant. I keep having to constantly switch suppliers because they always cancel my orders. I just don;t get it. Don't they want my money? Its  headache. And on top of that, someone messages me saying that they cancelled my order for being over 10,000. Apparently it was against the rules? What rules? Its very difficult to find a good supplier. That is one of the reasons why most of my factories are not running. I will have to produce my own materials and then manufacture the goods. But either way it is annoying. And I know that sometimes people need to cancel orders to make room for their own orders. Thats understandable. But canceling my orders because they are large because I broke some imaginary rule? Thats bogus.

Thanks for listening to me..

globe   

• Page:
Message list:  

1.06.2010, 04:28

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

Independence, by means of producing everything you need, and getting the rest from independent suppliers, is the way to success. Also getting some good contracts (by messaging the player) helps a lot Well 

1.06.2010, 04:30

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

Yeah Pyrex I totally agree. But my qual needs to go up before I can unfreeze my other factories. I have messaged alot of suppliers. Rarely do I get a response. But there are some very good suppliers. 

1.06.2010, 22:40

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

I think that game engine needs some addon, which can give some specializations for companies. Some bonus for those, who are specializing in one sector (maybe clothes, maybe only hats, maybe only hats-production).
In this case companies will have reason to specialize in one sector, and game's wholesale market will born, and companies will communicate with each other much more, and there will be much more contracts beetween companies.
And of course we will see lower number of such cancels of contracts (because each company will needs own client base, because in other case this company will need all chain from resources to retail, and the bonus will be lost) 

1.06.2010, 23:59

cygnus
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania

Agreed with you, pestopator! This game has serious lack of team plaing. 

2.06.2010, 07:57

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

@globeballa - Many companies have begun implementing "trade rules" to give more players access to supplies.
Usually these "trade rules" are in the name of the subdivision you order from.

Keep in mind that without these "trade rules" you would probably see 0 available from that supplier.

@pectopatop - Great idea. Has this idea had a mention in "suggestions" sub-forum yet? 

2.06.2010, 08:44

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

Yes Fractal I don;t think the Trade Rule is a bad thing. I think it is bad when the supplier doesn't give a warning before cancelling. Sometimes I do not always read the left panel. Which I should do from now own. But I still do believe that they should supply a warning. 

2.06.2010, 11:57

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
m:
Company 2.0

Some people do this with multiple subdivisions so it is not always possible to send a message every time it happens.

At least when you get the cancellation message you know to relink suppliers, and the reason for cancellation would normally be apparent in the subdivision name. 

9.06.2010, 21:26

Last time edited : 9.06.2010, 21:27

Last2Night
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
l:
GLOBE Inc.

I would like to add something here. There is a huge missing part of the game that i call - Contracts. Contracts should be possible to manage and to create individual contracts with individual options such as - discount, minimum and maximum amount of ordered units, messaging system through contracts and not just through person profile(such system provides messages attached to contract, thus not making us to start looking up which contract the message is aligned to). And the trade rules should be displayed when the order is made or the contract is being signed. Its kind of stupid to add trade rules to subdivision names. 

10.06.2010, 02:02

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

Meh whatever. Can't be perfect hehe. Just gotta look for those kind of rules now I guess. 

10.06.2010, 15:06

m:
Company 2.0

Putting it into the subdivision name is certainly not ideal but we do what we can with what we have.

While I generally like the idea of contracts I'm not so sure it would be of much real world benefit. Any bonuses or benefits a system like that would have are offset by needing extra time to keep things working smoothly. I do not spend enough time taking care of supplies as it is.
This is most definately a biased opinion, but I'm sure it would also be quite common. 

10.06.2010, 17:02

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

In theory contracts are good, but in the current form of the game, they would be next to useless, because one hand it would require extra time/micromangement to take care of them, and on the other hand, the suppliers has no point to get into a binding contract, because practically everything is constantly in huge over(demand),  so the supplier has no incentive to give any discount, because if he put his goods on the wholesale market, its sold almost immediately.

So from the supplier pespective he sacrifices some flexibility, freedom, and gain nothing in return. 

10.06.2010, 17:38

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

also remember that the supplier may in turn suffer from supply problems.  eg, i make washing machines.  when my steel supplier runs down, i make less washing machines and therefore 'break' some contracts.  my steel supplier reduced supplies because the iron mine ran out and he/she does not have enough points to buy another one....

or, i just messed up my supplies or took a couple days off 

11.06.2010, 00:51

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

Yeah I realize that ccm. And it happens to everyone. That is understandable. 

11.06.2010, 13:37

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

So for a good contract you just have to pay a higher price so your sure of your supply.

If contract don't hold because the supplier has efficiency troubles, they just pay a fine for not supplying. This is normal 

FOOD & GROCERY SUPPLIES AVAILABLE: PM ME !!!
http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2573983 ...
http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2556745 ...
http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2556744 ...

11.06.2010, 20:17

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

casperb
So for a good contract you just have to pay a higher price so your sure of your supply.

If contract don't hold because the supplier has efficiency troubles, they just pay a fine for not supplying. This is normal

Yes, in theory, but because practically every product is undersupplied at wholesale level, its not working as it should.

I would be willing to pay way more than the average price at almost every raw material, but there is simply shortage of everything. And I am pretty sure a lot of other people feel the same way.

Only considering my present Production Q level - 53 - I would buy about 5-8B more raw material at current prices at every turn, which all I could utilize effectively and not store if there would be supply, and I would be able to produce what I want. But I cant because the market is empty.

From the buyer point of view, contracts would be nice, to have a stable supply, but from the seller, no incentive.
Its better to put it to the wholesale market, and increase price every turn, find out what is the max the market is willing to pay.
Which is usually 5-15 times the current average price - I talk about raw materials. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Companies that cancel your orders..

• Page: