Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Companies that cancel your orders..

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 1.06.2010, 04:26

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

Hey all but I need to go on a little rant. I keep having to constantly switch suppliers because they always cancel my orders. I just don;t get it. Don't they want my money? Its  headache. And on top of that, someone messages me saying that they cancelled my order for being over 10,000. Apparently it was against the rules? What rules? Its very difficult to find a good supplier. That is one of the reasons why most of my factories are not running. I will have to produce my own materials and then manufacture the goods. But either way it is annoying. And I know that sometimes people need to cancel orders to make room for their own orders. Thats understandable. But canceling my orders because they are large because I broke some imaginary rule? Thats bogus.

Thanks for listening to me..

globe   

• Page:
Message list:  

12.06.2010, 02:37

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I agree, I have mines in both silica and oil, and there is NO incentive for me to offer it out to the public, for the reason that when I run out, I will have no supply left, and when I increase production, I will need more of my precious few resources. To mine resources, it is cheap, but the problem is, game points. No one wants to buy them or convert them and purchase mines, and when they do, it is often for themselves.

As a supplier, I would not put myself into a fixed contract. Like Deira mentioned, there is no incentive to fix my supply to someone, when there is an open market just waiting for my goods. I someone doesn't want to purchase my wares, someone else will, that and I can do it at a higher price.

This all fuels down to the production growth constraint though. The problem is that with the limits as it is, no supplier massively increase production because of qualification growth, unless that gets boosted, the continued massive undersupply of Mary will continue. 

17.06.2010, 05:06

Smelz
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods

All good points.

I feel it all boils down to the fact that being a "producer" is not viable. FAR more labor intensive than sales, and far less lucrative.

Im walking the walk here. I personally am enjoying this model ( production only) but I see HUGE drawbacks for anyone not bent like me. Well

I know it is a tired complaint, but still valid. If you want more production, you will need to INCENTIVIZE (thats not even a word is it??) players to be producers. Otherwise you are gonna have a whole buncha salesman and no product.

How about a declaration bouns? say +50 growth in production and -50% growth in commerce for a producer? or something along those lines.

Sorry to pipe in, just seems really really simple to me. if production is not viable (read fun) no one is going to do it.(well unless you are bent like me :p )

thanks for your time. 

17.06.2010, 13:47

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Get your point but it will make the game more personall, making contracts is a like i hear a lot, a gentlemans agreement.

The incentive of the seller is more money for your product and no problems if you make calculated deals.

Incentive of the buyer is steady supply for production 

FOOD and GROCERY DEPARTEMENT SUPPLIES AVAILABLE: PM ME !!!

http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2573983 ... http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2556745 ... http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2556744 ...
http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2576270

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Companies that cancel your orders..

• Page: