Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> My opinions about Virtonomics

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 5.02.2010, 22:10

Auritus

Hi,

I have joined the game around 15 days ago and I would like to share with you my opinions. I play on LIEN.

1. There is, just before log in info that +600 000 players is playing it (literally you can become one of these 600 000). I suppose that this number is rather how many players created their account since start of the game. Really playing ppl is much less. I assume that there is no more than 500 playing every day in my realm.
For example there is 39 ppl who had started the same day as me and didnt restarted already. 2 of them (including me) still playing. After only 15 days.

2. The other guy playing with me (since start in the same day) strangely has extraordinary amount of assets. In around 7-9 day I have seen that he had ca 70m. How is this possible? He completely dominated Contest for Managers. Buying points and converting them into cash (1 point = 5m cash). Then he should be out of contest.

3. The forum is nearly dead ( few post a day). 1-2 new topic daily. This is connected with point number 1.

4. Contest fo Managers - nice thing but only if you can compete for 1st place. Please see my point 2.

5. VIRTS and points. It seems that game creators make you hard life in the game until you buy points. You can get real $$$ if you have enough VIRTS (100). You can get VIRTS if you have bought points before or win Contest for Manager (to get VIRTS you need to have lvl 10 in management until 30th day of contest - yea, GL). You want $$? Put 100 VIRTS on the table. And so on...

6. Efficiency. The key to the game. What I understand to develop your business you should hold your efficiency as close to 100 %. Your are capped by your Management Qualification lvl (buying points - no problem here). Doesnt care that you have extraordinary quality employees, superb location, cheap and advanced quality product. No. Your office has to be efficient. Not by number and quality of your employees , but your Management Qualification lvl - if you bought points there is no problem. This artificial thing doesnt allow you to expand and enjoy the game. Now i know why there is so litttle  people playing it.

7. Price mechanics. LIEN, Tokio, city average retail price:

Milk - 455
Cheese - 99
Butter - 73
Ice cream - 74

Cheese needs 1 milk as raw material, Butter 3 and Ice cream 0.5

What is the sens producing cheese, butter of ice cream if raw material (input) has much higher retail value. All milk logically should be sold in retail.

There is more monsters like that.

Generally concept of the game is really good. But many game mechanics have to be amended. I hope that this game is not like: buy points = play in comfort. If so it is error because number of players is very reduced.

I know that I dont know many things in the game and I am open for discussion esspecially with game creators.

Cheers

Auritus   

• Page:
Message list:  

5.02.2010, 22:30

Last time edited : 5.02.2010, 22:54

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Auritus

1. There is, just before log in info that +600 000 players is playing it (literally you can become one of these 600 000). I suppose that this number is rather how many players created their account since start of the game. Really playing ppl is much less. I assume that there is no more than 500 playing every day in my realm.
For example there is 39 ppl who had started the same day as me and didnt restarted already. 2 of them (including me) still playing. After only 15 days.

Your realm is new and there is no much people. Two old realms Vera and Olga are much bigger than Lien.

Auritus

2. The other guy playing with me (since start in the same day) strangely has extraordinary amount of assets. In around 7-9 day I have seen that he had ca 70m. How is this possible? He completely dominated Contest for Managers. Buying points and converting them into cash (1 point = 5m cash). Then he should be out of contest.

Maybe it's a clone of a bigger player. Or expirienced player started on new realm.
P.S. It's not difficult for example for me to make 70m in 7 days with new company without real money.

Auritus

3. The forum is nearly dead ( few post a day). 1-2 new topic daily. This is connected with point number 1.
We are waiting for youTo wink

Auritus

5. VIRTS and points. It seems that game creators make you hard life in the game until you buy points. You can get real $$$ if you have enough VIRTS (100). You can get VIRTS if you have bought points before or win Contest for Manager (to get VIRTS you need to have lvl 10 in management until 30th day of contest - yea, GL). You want $$? Put 100 VIRTS on the table. And so on...
It's possible to start and earn real money without buying game points. It will take only more time...
I think it's possible for you! You've catched this game very quickly!

P.S. It's better to start with commerce. Try itWell
P.P.S. You could start your blog in Free discussions. It will be very useful for all new players. 

5.02.2010, 23:03

Jythier
Five years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics

I'm a newer player than you... yeah, there looks like there's some bad points to the game - can't get into raw materials without points, can't get points without money, can't get virts without paying money, etc.  It's just that, I've always wanted to be a part of a game with a real player-run economy.  You more or less just have to check on your stuff and then get new stuff working based on whether you went up in qualification or have the assets to do so.  I don't know how long I'll last with it, but so far, it's addictive checking the markets and trying to find a niche to go into. 

6.02.2010, 00:17

LongYear

Since September to December this game was paid. Because of this a lot of players leaved this game. I mean a lot of player leaved Mary, Olga, Vera. But Lien is the new realm, so there weren't a lot of people. Now from 19 of december game is free to play again (if you dont play on Anna), and since that a lot of old & new players joined this game. But there on Lien still playing only approximately 500 players.
1st reason of this is that virtonomics is not very popular outside from Russia because a lot of people just dont know that it's exists.
2nd reason  is that Lien is very easy to play and not so interesting like Mary.
3rd is that this game is not friendly to new users. I mean to start strong and take some fun from this game you need to read some guides and topics from forum & wiki.virtonomics. I saw many new players who just didnt understand game mechanics and efficiency of their offices fault down. So their companies were in a deep pit and they couldnt get them out of there. So they left this game because it wasnt clear and interesting for them. And only few people really got involved in this game and they trying to get this game. But this is normal for every browser. Usually they have a lot of registered users but only little part of them really playing.

Sorry if I made some grammar mistakes in this message because I'm not very good in eng. 

6.02.2010, 01:51

Last time edited : 6.02.2010, 01:52

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Auritus
Hi,
VIRTS and points. It seems that game creators make you hard life in the game until you buy points. You can get real $$$ if you have enough VIRTS (100). You can get VIRTS if you have bought points before or win Contest for Manager (to get VIRTS you need to have lvl 10 in management until 30th day of contest - yea, GL). You want $$? Put 100 VIRTS on the table. And so on...

Like in real virto economics So-so

VLLord

It's possible to start and earn real money without buying game points. It will take only more time...
You could start your blog in Free discussions.

Time.. Time.. Usually in rl life time is money (because you can work/study/invent plans, or push buttons in game Very we!

6.02.2010, 02:01

Last time edited : 6.02.2010, 02:02

mrstickball
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Lets see. I am around the same age as you, and may be able to give a few answers. I'm American, so I can speak english well (sad to see so few playing this pretty good game):

I have joined the game around 15 days ago and I would like to share with you my opinions. I play on LIEN.

I agree with you. I don't even think there have been 600k registrations since it launched. As per Quantcast, Virtonomics is ranked horrendously low for traffic. It would seem that there are maybe ~50k players that actually started an account at some point.

If your smart, you can do some crazy things quickly after a restart. On Lien, if you made & sold eggs to yourself as a vertically integrated company, you could make MAD cash very quickly. $70m is a lot to have in 14 days, but I assume its feasible if you were really, really smart. I just restarted on Lien, and hope to reach about $10m in 2 weeks or so.

Yup. Hit me up with a PM sometime if you want to work together.

4. Contest fo Managers - nice thing but only if you can compete for 1st place. Please see my point 2.

I was reading about this as well. Its kind of dumb. However, that is how MMOs work.

Read expanation for point #4. At any rate, I am ranked as the 4000th best player in terms of assets on Mary after about 10 days (after a restart) and in the top 200 for retail....Even if you don't use VIRTs, you can do pretty well. I don't see why I can't become one of the best players without VIRTs.

6. Efficiency. The key to the game. What I understand to develop your business you should hold your efficiency as close to 100 %. Your are capped by your Management Qualification lvl (buying points - no problem here). Doesnt care that you have extraordinary quality employees, superb location, cheap and advanced quality product. No. Your office has to be efficient. Not by number and quality of your employees , but your Management Qualification lvl - if you bought points there is no problem. This artificial thing doesnt allow you to expand and enjoy the game. Now i know why there is so litttle  people playing it.

I agree with this. I've made multiple posts about how bad this is. I think the problem is that (and I apologize if this is mean) the game is made by developers from a country that really hasn't had a capitalistic society for very long. Therefore, the idea of how economics works is much more from a planned economy-type view. That is, that centralized offices are far more key to your company than in real life, where workers and their managers matter the most. I think efficency should matter immensely, but theres more to it than what is merely presented.

7. Price mechanics. LIEN, Tokio, city average retail price:

Milk - 455
Cheese - 99
Butter - 73
Ice cream - 74

Cheese needs 1 milk as raw material, Butter 3 and Ice cream 0.5

What is the sens producing cheese, butter of ice cream if raw material (input) has much higher retail value. All milk logically should be sold in retail.

Think of it this way: Milk is far more of a staple product than the others are. Therefore, more is required for usage, which may drive up demand if supply isn't met. Likewise, there is only so much milk that can go around. On my Mary-server game, I've just about maxed out of milk usage among all my retail stores while Cheese and Dairy Products (yogurt) are vastly under supplied. So my idea is to expand my milk-producers and build a cheese and yogurt factory. That way, I can efficently meet demand by having a huge cow shed, and smaller factories for producing milk by-products. Also, since Milk is so lucrative, there will be coming price wars. It will bottom out in terms of pricing, and then your other milk-based products will be more advantageous. It's all about supply & demand!

I agree more needs to be fixed. Its a great game, but woefully inadequate. If I ever get money, I would love to buy a development studio to build a game like this, but integrate more features to create a better economic & business simulator. 

6.02.2010, 02:15

Last time edited : 6.02.2010, 02:23

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

mrstickball

I think the problem is that (and I apologize if this is mean) the game is made by developers from a country that really hasn't had a capitalistic society for very long. Therefore, the idea of how economics works is much more from a planned economy-type view. That is, that centralized offices are far more key to your company than in real life, where workers and their managers matter the most. I think efficency should matter immensely, but theres more to it than what is merely presented.
Well Yeah-yeah. USSR have catch their minds Well
imho it is only because developers want some $$ and you don't want to wait. So - as you said - "It's all about supply & demand!"

mrstickball

Think of it this way: Milk is far more of a staple product than the others are. Therefore, more is required for usage, which may drive up demand if supply isn't met. Likewise, there is only so much milk that can go around. On my Mary-server game, I've just about maxed out of milk usage among all my retail stores while Cheese and Dairy Products (yogurt) are vastly under supplied. So my idea is to expand my milk-producers and build a cheese and yogurt factory. That way, I can efficently meet demand by having a huge cow shed, and smaller factories for producing milk by-products. Also, since Milk is so lucrative, there will be coming price wars. It will bottom out in terms of pricing, and then your other milk-based products will be more advantageous. It's all about supply & demand!
+1 

6.02.2010, 02:29

eVVe
Six years with Virtonomics

Auritus

As some said, Lien is new server + there is another 4 more server which u did't saw. Allot of dissapointed player did't even get to understand how to play so they leave, some think of making money here but it don't work out for them.

Auritus

Its not imposible Well
Personally, I mange to generate 30-40mil on the 4th day of my game play, did't even get any help from other.
so 70m is not a problem.

Auritus

I'm not sure how other player play the game, but I really haven't pay a single dollar for it Well
And I'm almost top the chart now... not showing off.

Well... if you think other product is not so profitable why you produce them ? Instead you invest it in some which is more profitable untill you got extra for other Well

Read...Read...Read you can find allot answer Well 

6.02.2010, 04:20

tycoonzero

there's no adequate user guide explaining simply the functions of the game. if they just made one, with an easy link to it, so much more people would be playing. the game is quite simple once you figure it out, but their guide in wikipedia is horrible. they should get an english speaking person to design and create their user guide. i figured it out by myself. their user guide was horrible.

really, the only thing that's complicated in this game is efficiency and qualification. (They have no adequate guide to this for new players!!!! i was tempted to quit so many times early on because of my efficiency). the rest of the game is intuitive 

6.02.2010, 05:43

Jythier

If you go over to a more developed server, milk is not so high priced.  But while it is so high priced, sell it.  Don't sell other things made of milk that reduce it's value, and if you don't have enough stores, sell the milk to other players.  I look at it this way - if I were going to buy milk, and produce something else, I would make a loss - so if I make milk, I should sell it where it is.  At least until the price of milk goes down or the price of other goods goes up. 

6.02.2010, 06:37

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

1. The majority of players are on the Russian servers. The game started in Russia and was Russian language only for some time. Sure there are quite a few inactive accounts, but what you see isn't all there is.

2. Buying points makes the game easier, but even without investing real money any experienced player should be able to do quite well very quickly.

4. Everyone has the same opportunities. Luck helps but knowledge is the most important thing. Play for awhile, learn the game then restart and see how you do...

5. VIRTs and points help but are not necessary. It will take you longer and won't be as easy, but it can (and has) been done. If you are solely playing to earn $$$ you won't last.
Qualification 10 in 30 days is possible, you just need to know a bit about how the game works. I agree it is not ideal, but if you concentrate on learning the game and forget about the managers contest you can always restart and do the contest later.

6. Artificial inhibitors are essential to games. If there was nothing to limit expansion the game would get very boring very quickly. The problem is that the efficiency regulations are new and the starting conditions of the game have not been changed. This can lead to a situation where new players are straight-jacketed from the beginning.

"if you bought points there is no problem"
This is a commercial venture. The whole purpose of the game is to make money for the developers. It is set up to encourage the purchase of points, but it is not necessary to play.
All the longer-term players have been through a situation in which there was no choice but to pay, so having the choice is not really something to complain about.

7. Prices change, given time the market will correct. In the meantime why not put yourself in a position to benefit from the situation? 

6.02.2010, 12:24

Jythier

Every game programmer knows - if you want to make a small fortune:

1.  Start with a large fortune.

2.  Make games.

Most games don't make money and are a labor of love from the designer.  While it's nice to have the opportunity to make money, it doesn't often happen in practice.  When you start charging, you lose customer base and the game gets worse, because MMOGs are better the more people are involved.  So a designer has to ask themselves, should I support the freeloaders in order to make a better game experience, or should I make it paid and get better commitment from those who do pay and possibly make some money.  I like the hybrid approach shown here where you can play for free, or you can invest money to receive bonuses/instant game gratification.  It's not 'fair' per se but neither is the fact that others came first, have better companies already, and I'll never be able to compete with them. 

6.02.2010, 12:55

eVVe
Six years with Virtonomics

Yes, you can Jythier Well
Your time will come, and our time will soon end Well

As I had prove to myself.... By the time I was small or new, there are big guy out there.
Somehow, I manage to raise from the ashes......

Focus on your company development/speacialty, Tech. You might not win all, but atleast you can win some Well 

10.02.2010, 15:04

vasco_01
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Thirteen years With Virtonomics
l:
Tata Sons
m:
Vasco

I'm a new to this game and appreciate the developers for creating this amazing  game. But there is some serious issues with the Pay and play model, Market dynamics, Low participation and Help topics. New Players find it very difficult to understand the game, there is little help from help topics.
mrstickball
I think the problem is that (and I apologize if this is mean) the game is made by developers from a country that really hasn't had a capitalistic society for very long. Therefore, the idea of how economics works is much more from a planned economy-type view. That is, that centralized offices are far more key to your company than in real life, where workers and their managers matter the most. I think efficency should matter immensely, but theres more to it than what is merely presented.
Developers should pay more attention to Free Market dynamics. Very we!
Jythier
MMOGs are better when more people are involved
Yes , the game should have more participation. Well 

10.02.2010, 19:09

mrstickball
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

vasco_01
I'm a new to this game and appreciate the developers for creating this amazing  game. But there is some serious issues with the Pay and play model, Market dynamics, Low participation and Help topics. New Players find it very difficult to understand the game, there is little help from help topics.
mrstickball
Developers should pay more attention to Free Market dynamics. Very we!
Jythier
MMOGs are better when more people are involved
Yes , the game should have more participation. Well

I'd say one of the biggest issues is that the developers don't speak English as a native language....Everything in the game has the stereotypical Russian-esque wording which makes for a lot of confusion. 

11.02.2010, 12:50

D0M1NAT0R

mrstickball

I'd say one of the biggest issues is that the developers don't speak English as a native language....Everything in the game has the stereotypical Russian-esque wording which makes for a lot of confusion.

Please feel free to suggest your alternatives to "the stereotypical Russian-esque wording" you've found in this topic

http://virtonomics.com/lien/forum/forum_new/16/topic/27154/view ...

Let's make the game better together! 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> My opinions about Virtonomics

• Page: