Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Tenders

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 17.01.2010, 11:14

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

This tendering become farce. I can't believe how something like this could be possible at all. In Rovaniemi I was selling beer for the last six day and had 100% market share. And today...I was second...in one day the winner of that tender got 52% market share...well this is bull...t

So I'm out...   

• Page:
Message list:  

18.01.2010, 18:27

support2
Four years with Virtonomics

We are open to your offers, how to solve the problem, but you only criticize.
How to separate tenders to give a chance to win a larger number of players,
might be a good idea and we implement them. 

18.01.2010, 23:21

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Fractal
My number 1 suggestion is to limit the 100 & 500m2 store tenders to smaller companies. The only reason big companies have stores like this is because of the tenders, it does not fit into the game at all.

18.01.2010, 23:27

Last time edited : 18.01.2010, 23:36

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Admin, Turk wrote somewhere on forum that it would be nice if you may add one more restriction to tenders:
Limitation for the age of shop, which is used in tender. For example, shop must operates >=1 month before tender.

turkbostjan
...selling only in the last day and get >50% market share? it's not real...and yes ralf it's hillarious Very we!

Guys.. Where are you today??? I sold 100% of beer in Rovaniemi. ??? It is surprised WTF? Pancake 

18.01.2010, 23:43

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

i closed all my shops in finland and some more... 

19.01.2010, 21:33

Last time edited : 20.01.2010, 03:17

Harlus
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Shagreen, VII-XV places Hockey stick Hockey sweater Hockey sweater Hockey skates Hockey helmet Badge "50 years of Gagarin's flight"
Spacesuit astronaut Astronaut helmet Astronaut boots The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Silver Finnish Lion

Well, well, well....
First af all, i'd like to say that i categorically don't want to offend any of you...
My friends, I think, you don't understand the real sense of tendersNot so You see, tender is the competition and not medal with value of 5 virts, which, as you think (as i see it in your posts), must be given out to you for reason "I've got percent of market share". If some player came to this market - you have adventage over this player - knowledge of market. And if he occupy this market - you have never had no any part of it really - it was only illusionNot so
Dear Turk... You think that tendering become farce... Mike, Fractal, Light... How often we (you and I) were competitors in different tenders? And how much of them you won? Turk - 1 time (bags and briefcases in Paris, if you remember). And how much tenders with Ydaf's registration you won? But lets inspect our qualification levels in "Commerce" (with bonuses) To wink
So, today we have:
turkbostjan    - 29
Mike1            - 19 (respect!)
Fractal           - 27
light76212001 - 27
yuga_ninjie     - 17, but, trust me, for "Retail corporation" it not so good result, as you might to rich
and....
Harlus - 18
ydaf    - 21
Gentlemen, are you really think that my or ydaf's trousers are more blacker then yours? Yep, we beats our opponents very often, and reason of it - NOT  "black companies". I just competitive, but not not to stir from a place and wait when any player will come and beat me in tender...

Fractal
My number 1 suggestion is to limit the 100 & 500m2 store tenders to smaller companies. The only reason big companies have stores like this is because of the tenders, it does not fit into the game at all.
In general - +1, really. But 2all, who think that young companies have no chance in tender competitions, when "black are there"- just look at this anecdote : http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/tender/409 ...  Very we!
Don't think about "black", my friendsWell But don't think that you can win, staying in idleness... 

20.01.2010, 06:04

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

harlus' example is my point exactly.

look at the losing store from the black company again:

the highest quality goods is at 14.34, the lowest quality sold is 10.64.

now check at the tender - http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/tender/409 ...

the 'losing' store revenue = 870 900.00$, winning store = 19 292.34$, next store in revenue = 133 556.20$

ydaf just messed up with the service level this time.  that is easily fixed if he was paying attention to that particular tender at the time.

the superior quality of goods on the other hand is not something the younger companies (including mine) can do much about while we are still young.  

superior quality goods require superior supplies and factories with superior technology.  younger companies just do not have access (or the required qualification) for that.  by the time the younger companies improve their quality, the more established ones would have improved their quality as well (unless, as Harlus says, they stay in idleness)

if i have been appearing as griping, my apologies.

my point is only that there need to be provisions for different levels of players for the tenders to hold any interest for younger companies.  goods in the city, tech, etc already favour the more established.  stores in the cities is about the only where the less established has a chance.  the 100m (or 500m or 1000m) stores all have storage limit.  a 100m store stocked with superior quality products will sell better than one with only high quality products every time, and that's how it should be.  so anytime a player with access to superior products wish to enter the smaller store tenders, they would only need to compete with other players who also have access to superior products.

i'm really not trying to take anything away from the winners of tenders or, indeed, the more established companies.

i just want admin to re consider the tender rules to allow the younger companies to have a look-in if they wish the tenders to continue to hold any interest for the smaller companies.

also apologies for long-windedness, but that's the prerogative of a female! Yes 

20.01.2010, 14:41

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Harlus
If some player came to this market - you have adventage over this player - knowledge of market.

Mike, Fractal, Light... How often we (you and I) were competitors in different tenders? And how much of them you won? But lets inspect our qualification levels in "Commerce" (with bonuses) To wink
So, today we have:
turkbostjan    - 29
Mike1            - 19 (respect!)
Fractal           - 27
light76212001 - 27
yuga_ninjie     - 17, but, trust me, for "Retail corporation" it not so good result, as you might to rich
and....
Harlus - 18
ydaf    - 21
Gentlemen, are you really think that my or ydaf's trousers are more blacker then yours?

Don't think about "black", my friendsWell But don't think that you can win, staying in idleness...

Thanks for giving us your thoughts on this, more information is always good and opinions should be shared freely.

Your point about knowledge of market is backwards to how I have found it to be in game. Players who sell their goods before the day of tender have all their sales info shown to the world, which gives other players the advantage and allows them to price accordingly to have majority sales. If I'm not mistaken this is how light has been so successful.

We have been competitors in many tenders, and I enjoy the competition. It has helped me learn more about how the game works as I try different strategies to try to beat you and other entrants.
On the other hand qualifications only tell half the story, my qualification requirements were always just under my actual qualification. Having stores open trying to raise prices in under utilised markets meant I didn't have the necessary qualification to build 5 or 6 large stores to win tenders. This is not me whining about how I can't win tenders, just stating I made my choices and that means the numbers aren't the full story.

Regarding the Izmir tender, as ccm-tsang said that had more to do with ydaf staying idle than anyone else having a chance at winning, so it may not be the best example. High quality goods will win every time, especially when they are sold at close to city average prices.

I do completely agree that the "black label" is not the be all and end all in regards to tenders, especially with the changes announced recently. I really do hope that this means there will be many more different winners, it will be great for the game and should increase the enjoyment that many players get from it, whether they win or lose. 

21.01.2010, 21:06

Last time edited : 21.01.2010, 21:07

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Harlus

ydaf    - 21

Yes. But when i wrote about Finnish Lions, i mean Advertising generally, and Commerce too, but in the second place. +also Management.
ydaf's Advert = 26
ydaf's Management = 27

But you are right of course, that all we need to spend more time Well to analyze markets, players, and maintaining all our subdivs.. Well (time is so expensive Well 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Tenders

• Page: