Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Tenders

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 17.01.2010, 11:14

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

This tendering become farce. I can't believe how something like this could be possible at all. In Rovaniemi I was selling beer for the last six day and had 100% market share. And today...I was second...in one day the winner of that tender got 52% market share...well this is bull...t

So I'm out...   

• Page:
Message list:  

17.01.2010, 12:49.     Subject: Sales

light76212001
Laboratory assistant’s overall

I have only sold my products on the last days. 

17.01.2010, 12:50.     Subject: last day

light76212001
Laboratory assistant’s overall

Thats singlular by the way.  I only sold the products on the last day.  Kept the price at zero. 

17.01.2010, 13:08

Ralf
Three years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics Santa Claus boots MBA diploma
l:
KarstadtQuelle AG

I roll! 

17.01.2010, 13:15

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

i know that...but tell me how it's possible to selling only in the last day and get >50% market share? it's not real...and yes ralf it's hillarious Very we! 

17.01.2010, 16:35

Last time edited : 17.01.2010, 16:37

yuga_ninjie
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Belgian chevron Waffle iron Dentist Sandalwood Baobab Sakura Oak
Maple Cedar Elm King of the Fields Golden hook Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Bachelor of Virtonomics MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

I absolutely and strongly agree with turk.... This is insane by the way....

i have the same problem, no matter what strategies i make it seems its not working...
All the tender i join to makes me the top seller and almost 50-60% market share but on the day of tendering i would just lost...
So guys, how the HELL do you that things you do to win in this kind on situation your into????Again 

17.01.2010, 18:46

chris1221
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
chris1221
m:
Chris1221

and if the black companies are complaining, what hope do the rest of us have?Really? 

18.01.2010, 02:53

Last time edited : 18.01.2010, 02:57

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Surprise Gift Maybe tomorrow in Rovaniemi i will be the best seller, because yesterday i had no time to change contracts in shops, and i think that my beer will be the best Well (in the day AFTER tendering )

Turk, take it easy. It's just a game. As far i can understand, you guys spend ~4-6 hours/day for this game, am i right? Whether and there is a game of such victims? 

18.01.2010, 03:11

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

pectopatop.. i wish you good luck for tomorrow Very we! 

18.01.2010, 05:26

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics

look at tender #399
shop opened 2 days before tender completes, supplies supposedly received 1 day before, open sales on day of tender completion ---  

first day of sales for 500m store = 13 060 200.00$
http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2465750 ...

how can smaller companies compete with such quality ?

of course more experienced players have spent more time and money in the game and should be rewarded and recognised.  but if the tender rules continue to not take consideration of different player levels and resources, i still cannot see how even the 'lesser black' companies can have a chance.

in real life, big companies do not bother going for small tenders because it is not worth their effort.  will admin consider different levels of tenders with different prizes?

tenders was introduced, i think, to increase interest in the game, and therefore revenue for the site.

as stated before in other threads:  no chance of winning = no interest in trying.  it's called 'learned helplessness'.  no/low interest eventually = no/low players.

no/low players eventually = low revenue. 

18.01.2010, 05:45

kavidyan
Silver Finnish Lion MBA diploma

Wow... i never thought so many players are in the same situation like me. I find it really hard to win in product tenders even when I have a store for home advantage. We do need a better system. 

18.01.2010, 09:34

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Even with my rankings as high as they are I can not even come close to winning some tenders. If I were to keep just a few stores and factories I'd have enough qualification up my sleeve to win a lot more, but for me that is not what I enjoy about the game. I play the game for the game and I accept I'll only win the odd tender here or there.

For everyone else who does not have the luxury of vast game resources the tenders are little more than a joke. You have the larger companies entering everything they can to boost their winnings (which is not really unusual, that is human nature), while all the smaller companies enter a few to try and win before realising they do not stand a chance. After that they give up and stop trying.

I really think that admin needs to have a good look at the situation and make some changes before it is too late.
The tenders are a big drawcard for the game (it is the main point you see in most of the advertising), but this will only be a short-term thing if changes aren't made.

I'm not asking to make tenders easier to win, just to allow more companies the opportunity to win.
My number 1 suggestion is to limit the 100 & 500m2 store tenders to smaller companies. The only reason big companies have stores like this is because of the tenders, it does not fit into the game at all.

Other suggestions of tenders for different levels of players should also be looked at. 

18.01.2010, 09:36

Last time edited : 18.01.2010, 09:36

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

ccm_tsang
look at tender #399
i still cannot see how even the 'lesser black' companies can have a chance.

Just wait some time, and you can also enjoy this 'black club'. I remember, that some time ago companies like Mico Inc, JDS, Rashke and even Amantes was so little, with assets less than 50 millions. And in the same time, for example, Craminu had ~100 billions, or i had ~80 billions. And where are they today, and where are we? Just wait some time, and your time will became, i think 

18.01.2010, 10:03

Last time edited : 18.01.2010, 10:04

eVVe
Six years with Virtonomics

Yes All you need is to think.
Even a small company like me without snowman can win some,
Maybe I should say... Only 1 type I can win at the moment. 

18.01.2010, 12:53

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

i have won a few tenders but i agree with ccm_tsang.

Tendering is easier in lien because the realm is newer and more leveled between players.

On mary, there will be the same few winners most of the time because of the realm's age.

I thought tenders are an idea to attract new players , they are a good idea but IMO deserve more thought in order to not just make happy the few top players who already are far ahead but also newcomers. 

18.01.2010, 13:19

Last time edited : 18.01.2010, 13:23

chris1221
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
chris1221
m:
Chris1221

pectopatop
ccm_tsang
look at tender #399
i still cannot see how even the 'lesser black' companies can have a chance.

Just wait some time, and you can also enjoy this 'black club'. I remember, that some time ago companies like Mico Inc, JDS, Rashke and even Amantes was so little, with assets less than 50 millions. And in the same time, for example, Craminu had ~100 billions, or i had ~80 billions. And where are they today, and where are we? Just wait some time, and your time will became, i think

i agree being black will be a matter of time and effort.  the current black companies will become progressively better, and will grow faster than the soon-to-be-black ones.  players who are currently winning learns how to win more quickly.

it is actually not so much as being a black company and winning.  those companies have the quality products that others do not have.  by the time i am able to improve my product quality, the current black companies will have improved theirs by the same mile.

the store in question no longer exists, but i remember from earlier that quality 14+ cars were being sold.  a few others were also quality 14, the lowest quality being 11+

conclusion:  no contest 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Tenders

• Page: