Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Update not finishing 2: So What's Going Wrong Now?

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic closed

Topic created : 12.09.2009, 13:55

Last time edited : 6.01.2010, 14:38

Jakeroberts_123

This is the second time the game has not updated in a short period of time. Seriously, why not just move to a different host server? The current one is clearly not up to the task. Either that or fix the error and find a way to stop it from happening so often. Once a month i could understand, but this is way too often.    

• Page:
Message list:  

13.09.2009, 04:46

zhaffy

I agree with Jakeroberts. This is so annoying. Most of us pay the money for good quality game. We spend our time, a lot of time.. time is money but We like this game.. Hovewer this breakdowns are cloy from this game.. If it will be again and again Im sorry but I will exit the game.. 

13.09.2009, 06:09

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

K this is starting to piss me off. Once is fine but its been 3 times in the past like 4 days. Whats the deal. 

22.09.2009, 10:40

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

From what I understand (via google translation so not 100% accurate), is that spending of points is required to continue full access to the game. Just a guess here but I believe the majority of players already fulfill the requirement.

Spending of points accumulates up to 90, so if you were to purchase a mine or sawmill for 90 points, you would have full access to the game for about a year and a half (again, this is my understanding from an online translator).

My first impression after reading that post was not good, but after thinking about it, it seems to fit in with how a lot of players already play. I'm waiting for the english announcement to clarify any questions I have, and what I got from the post it seems Mary realm will stay as is for a little longer than the Russian realms. 

22.09.2009, 18:44

Cuas

So that's why bugs are coming out..

My mill, bought 75K flour a day ago and it only needs 5K+ of it.
Now/today it shows that i've bought 5K+ flour.

But i still ain't gaining any production.. zero production.

Office efficiency  
100.00 %
Top manager efficiency
100.00 %
Work efficiency
92.54 %

Come to think of it.. I should have had production for today since i would have had supplies for it.. 75K flour is more than 5K flour right?!

(and they want me to pay for this game?!) 

23.09.2009, 05:50

redmaniac

Fractal
Spending of points accumulates up to 90, so if you were to purchase a mine or sawmill for 90 points, you would have full access to the game for about a year and a half (again, this is my understanding from an online translator).

not exactly. 1 point gives you 6 days but you can't accumulate more than 90 days, not points (it seems that the limit is shifted to 180 days now). Basically, you pay 5 bucks every month Well 

23.09.2009, 06:52

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

Yikes.... not again...... 

23.09.2009, 07:33

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

have been trying to do the PhD quest, only 5 days left to get level 4 tech.  

hopefully the lack of update means the finish date for the quest is extended accordingly.  

from another thread, (main forum->lab question), labs have stopped researching at x.3 stage  the industrial stage.  that's where i'm at.  

again, need admin to extend finish date so playings doing quest won't get penalized for possibilly failing the quest because of a bug! 

23.09.2009, 07:42

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

From tech 6 upwards, all inventions need an attached factory of previous level. if you refer to today only, the game is just frozen for a day, it doesn't have an effect against your virtual business 

23.09.2009, 08:46

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics

thanks, Mike1.

good to know about the tech requirements from level 6.  i had, i thought, 2 problems - the research being stuck on industrial tests, and the lack of update today.

for today's frozen update, there will be no progress for the lab - but the quest is in real days, so for people doing quests the freeze may be a problem.  with luck, i'll be okay for the PhD quest because i'm at 88.68% for industrial tests with 5 real days to go - but would like Admin to allow for that when/if there are problems with updates.

btw, i was originally from Hong Kong as well, living in Sydney Australia now.  have found your posts to be generally helpful.  thanks again 

23.09.2009, 15:08

Mike1
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

i'm glad it helps and i think you traded well - Sydney for Hong Kong, even though i guess you can't be without visiting HK from time to time because its just so unique. Wow i just watched the news, saw the stand storm you've got there today ... amazing!

The quests are advertised by days but it may well be just a typo because everything in this game is based on the game update timer... don't worry to much and see tomorrow. 

23.09.2009, 23:53

coffeeaddict
Seven years with Virtonomics

Because the game is good and free, I don't mind the server blackouts really. It's just something that comes with a free game, and I'll tolerate it.

But with all this talk of switching every server to paid... well, that would bother me. I like the idea of being able to pay every now and then for an advantage, (server blackouts one of the reasons I haven't yet done so), but very much dislike the idea of a binding subscription on pain of deletion. I would no longer be able to play...

Of course, some people like subscriptions, so it'd make sense to give them a server, but not for everybody - I think this one should stay as is. (with maybe the option to change servers, at least one-way). New players aren't going to want to start paying subscriptions right off the bat, either, you need to addict them first!

A thread on the Main forum about that was just deleted. It doesn't look good. I'd really feel better if an admin made an announcement about this. 

24.09.2009, 00:37

bryanUC
Three years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
l:
Shamrock Industries

The (recurring) blackouts this month are the reason why I didn't choose to purchase points during the bonus period; with today's blackout, I'm glad I didn't.  I really enjoy the game so far, but I won't pay for an unfinished product.  As pointed out above, you have to bring in people with a (quality) free product, then encourage them to pay for an advantage or other benefits/rules on a different server.  Making everyone pay will just scare people off in the long run, especially with the server blackouts.  While I understand complaining about problems in a free game is not a right, complaining about problems in a subscription/paid game surely is. 

26.09.2009, 08:52

Mike1
m:
Mico Inc

i think is is a very good study here to understand what and why things are happening.
It looks like the study has played this game!

http://virtual-economy.org/blog/game_design_as_marketing_how_g ...

" Inconvenient user interface elements and similar gameplay factors have also been used as means to create need for complementary and value-added services that augment the core product." 

28.09.2009, 00:01

Jakeroberts_123

The thing is Bryan, a lot of people do pay. Even if i only payed like $10 on this game i expect this game to be up 99% of the time. They have a lot of active and paying players on here, more than enough to warrant constant supervision of the server and therefore somebody present at all times to fix any errors. What bugs me most is that they always seem to fix the error afterwards and just wait til the next day to resume the game. Why not just update after the error is fixed? plus if the game is having this many errors it's down to very poor design and a bad host server. There are plenty of cheap servers out there, many of which will offer better service than the one they're currently using. 

28.09.2009, 10:32

Mike1
m:
Mico Inc

Jake didn't read the link i posted above? 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Update not finishing 2: So What's Going Wrong Now?

• Page: