Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Suggestion: Bank & Loans

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 4.09.2009, 17:23

Last time edited : 6.01.2010, 12:21

NLBANK
Four years with Virtonomics

Isn't it a good idea that there is a bank where companies can ask for loans and pay interest rates in return?
The bank could provide loans to companies and where companies put thier money in savings for a small interest rates.
But if a bank is created the bank could not use the same rates for eveyone but it has to look to the assett and the liabilities to pay the interest and the whole amount.

I hope many people like this idea.   

• Page:
Message list:  

4.09.2009, 19:18

Last time edited : 4.09.2009, 19:22

msmth82

Yes, I like the idea, but only if the players are able to create and manage the banks. Player created/managed insurance companies might be fun too.

Just allowing the players to transfer cash and other assets directly to one another would be helpfully, although having agreements/contacts enforced by the game engine would make it less open to abuse. 

6.09.2009, 21:34

Jakeroberts_123

There would have to be some sort of monitoring or rules put in place to stop newbies borrowing like $10billion. Maybe you're only allowed to borrow a quarter of your companies assets or something. 

9.09.2009, 18:59

NLBANK

I was looking around and find this financial report for savings&loans.
So where is it?

Financical activity
Credits received 0.00$ 0.00$ 0.00$ 0.00$ 0.00$
Credits returned 0.00$ 0.00$ 0.00$ 0.00$ 0.00$
Interest on credit 0.00$ 0.00$ 0.00$ 0.00$ 0.00$
Interest on overdraft 0.00$ 0.00$ 0.00$ 0.00$ 0.00$
Dividends paid 0.00$ 0.00$ 0.00$ 0.00$ 0.00$
Dividends received 0.00$ 0.00$ 0.00$ 0.00$ 0.00$ 

13.09.2009, 00:59

Last time edited : 13.09.2009, 01:02

KrulmaynE

The idea's really good .. I'd love to have a Bank around here .. Yes
It could be a great source of start money to people not buying any game points ..

But, the Bank should be State Controlled ..
If the bank is player controlled, then there would definitely be problems monitoring those .. Like if the player (banker) restarts, then your money in the bank would be lost .. Or even people buying points may abuse the bank system by getting in extra cash whenever they wish & not whenever they're obliged ..

Krul ..
Well 

13.09.2009, 16:24

NLBANK

I think the bank must be in private hands and I here are some arguments

-when a bank is bankcrupt or player is reseting the deposit of the bank should go to a auctions where everyone can bid for the deposits.
-when people buying points and convert them in money the bank should give more loans to the the balance sheet  in shape.

Maybe it is a good idea when a bank is created also the create a Stock Market. 

14.09.2009, 12:10

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Banks and Stock exchange - are very old questions on this server... and difficult.
And admins wrote that they didnt see how to solve it. 

25.09.2009, 14:56

sgde
Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics

Banks can be a good thing for expendind quick the company, and can be on the start only for borow money and pay interes for that. The bank must be on the hand of state. To many private banks will complicate to much the proceses of servers.
To not be abuses on this, can be put realistic and good conditions on borow money. Like can't be borow only a value of 1/10 of company and the player if want to sell some assets, from this sell a good part must go to pay the loan, and others some simple conditions can be put. 

23.04.2010, 04:25

Last time edited : 23.04.2010, 04:29

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

i vote for state banks to prevent fraud.

interest could be changed in a market-like way. something like:

deposits (supply) > loans (demand) -> interest lowers (and people will want to get more loans, less deposits)

deposits (supply) < loans (demand) -> interest increases (and people will want less loans and more deposits) 

23.04.2010, 14:20.     Subject: Yes I agree.

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Okay here is how you make this work.

Since the main risk is default, and many gamers will just leave without paying the loans back via quitting, or going bankrupt etc, you have more issues than just the main borrower.

1. They would have to be a secured loan based on assets. These are tangible value assets because they represent the value of 1 player in the game, however, the pitfall occurs where they are worth NOTHING to the game or admins if the player quits. These assets would have to be auctioned off by the bank to recoup some value, maybe at set discount to market value. This would create several more fun aspects of the game.
2. net weekly profit average over 10 weeks would be a good income qualifyer for the loan.
3. payoff period should be 30 game weeks(30 real days)
4. interest rate of say 8%
5. you can borrow as much as you can repay in 30 days(game weeks) based on your recent ten day average net profits.
6. once repaid you can borrow again.
7. If could be forward looking, take a basic trend line of your growth, and lend based on that amount.
for example if you are at ten million today, and were 1 million ten days ago, you should be at 30 million in day 20, and more in day 30, so you should be able to borrow 30 million minimum on a base amount. But since you are already at ten million profit, you could pay this off in 3 days, SO if you could pay it off in 30 days at current profits, you should be able to borrow ten million times 30 or 300 million. However I think it should be a loan for a maximum of 50% of your net assets MAXIMUM. That is a normal banking standard.

Now, tell this to any bank that you can borrow 30 times your NET DISPOSABLE INCOME, and what would they say.. well lets look at that. Credit card debt serviceability is only 3% of the average daily balance, but those are not meant to be paid off at all they want their perpetual 30%. SO, considering the average loan is 3-5 years in length and they want it fully paid off at the end, 5 years is 60 payments so 60 days in this game but i prefer 30 due to the quitters and lack of collection ability. So normally you have lending allowing a traditional 30% of your income into payments.
So if ten million is your income, payments should be 3 million x 30 days = 90 million minus interest or about 80 million in loans.

If you have 160 million in assets and a ten million dollar income, you can borrow 80 million dollars Well Very easy to compute in a formula.

A. Net assets / 2 = maximum loan.
B. Net income x .3 x 30 - 8% = Loan amount.
C. Cap B vs A and reduce accordingly = approved.

This can be coded into the entire game in probably like 20 minutes. DONE.

LETS BANK! 

23.04.2010, 19:45

xenrolf

agree with above, well said.

but that option needs constant surveillance, and I think loans should be controlled, meaning that applications aren't instantly accepted. a filtering system could be installed, to further discourage exploiters.

you could also add requirements such as being active in 14 days (non-consecutively)
by active I mean logging in and doing business actions 

13.05.2010, 00:40

austenbosten
Three years with Virtonomics

I would love to own and operate a bank and it could be privately owned, with a central banking authority to regulate the banking industry and prevent economic booms and busts (Too many loans bored out with little to no collateral or deposits.) I would also love to have a stock market, but these are pipe dreams, because of one thing.

Authority. There is no court system or no serious law enforcement in the game, which could make banking (especially private banking difficult)

The one thing admins are probably are having trouble, is if a bank loaned to a player and the player defaulted. How would one player collectivize and incorporate the assets of another player? and with a code like that generated in the game how could one avoid hackers hijacking a company and foreclosing the company and collecting their assets for financial gain.

If there is to be a banking and stock market portion of the game, there needs to be an enforcement and court agency to handle cases, such as defaults on loans. ect. 

13.05.2010, 02:56

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

You dont necessarily need law enforcements and court system.

Depending on the implementation either you give loan secured with collateral, or unsecured loan.

If its with collateral, then in case of default you got the collateral, very simple, no need for law or court, it can be automatic, and easly codable.

If its unsecured, then you got nothing in case of default, like in real life :-)
Its RISKY to give unsecured loan, the one providing loan should consider that - and not waiting for a bailout which is very en vogue these days 

13.05.2010, 04:44

austenbosten
Three years with Virtonomics

Deria, I guess you are right, an open code that allows the lender to set up a loan contract, and the borrower to sign the contract....I guess you could make a code that allows for 2 players to set up a loan, in which it can be either secured or unsecured. The borrower puts up the assets, and the lender and borrower sign the contract.

However, there still needs to be a central bank, to where interest rates will be set to help regulate the interest rates to prevent long bouts of easy and tight credit. I'm sure you can set up the interest rates to fluctuate depending on the amount of businesses and total money there are in the nations....for example if Spain had few business than say Turkey...the interest rates for Spain could be lower than Turkey in order to promote more businesses in Spain.

Something like that....I don't know how we will have a stock market....but we should also allow the existence of bonds as well. Since I would rather issue Corporate bonds than stock. 

15.05.2010, 19:38

Last time edited : 15.05.2010, 19:39

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Deira know this system from inside.. Expierenced man in this question, which is sitting around 100s millions grain.
(P.S.: all 220mlns went back) 

15.05.2010, 19:43

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hmmm... in my opinion banks and loans don't really make sense. Once you're a little larger you have other opportunities to get money, which is what this game is about and as a small player you could just start with more funds than starting with low funds and then take a loan right away. There are things in this game that should be prioritized for improvement and I think a bank system is very low on this list. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Suggestion: Bank & Loans

• Page: