Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Update not finishing

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic closed

Topic created : 4.07.2009, 07:00

Last time edited : 6.01.2010, 03:58

MichaelNielsen
Nine years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics Film camera Vintage camera The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Nielsen Group

why is the update not finishing. It's been almost 3 hours for the Mary realm.

Is there another server error, if so please move your hosting to rackspace or media temple.

I love playing this game but these server outages are really starting to kill me and make me want to create my own business simulator.

Please fix it a.s.a.p!   

• Page:
Message list:  

5.07.2009, 09:33

secondcoming

Hmm.. this is getting kind of ridonculous. I'm pretty busy too so i only have certain times where i can check back on my bussiness. What if orders get cancelled? What if animals are dying?? I need the update to be on time other wise it throws off everything i have to do. Please Administration, get this fixed please =D 

5.07.2009, 09:44

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Michael, i'm in Hong Kong

what i mean is that - since this is a virtual economy game - its all based on numbers and therefore predictable, which is not as per real-life business, where unpredictable is a real factor: customers not there when you need them, supplier delays etc.  Anyway, seems we just having to get used to wait until the boys in Moscow had their breakfast, so its still kind of predictable.

BUT i really think its time that the developers start giving away some few free points for the  hang up - especially for us who PAID for ... login in to play once a day, not to login 50 times a day to find that we've got to wait???? 

5.07.2009, 09:52

Last time edited : 5.07.2009, 09:57

MichaelNielsen
Eleven years with Virtonomics Film camera Vintage camera The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Nielsen Group

Yes I realize that this game is somewhat predictable however there is some intelligence required working out prices and running the factories at first.

That's exactly the point I was getting at Mike1. You offer a paid service which people pay to use then only deal with the problem when it suits you. Customers are your business, without them you have a product that just sits there. You have to be constantly monitoring whats happening, did something just go wrong and how am I going to fix it.

There needs to be some fail-safes and I'm not seeing alot of them, if not any. There are some basic issues that need to be address with this game, however I still find it incredible enjoyable to play and thats what gets to me. 

5.07.2009, 10:26

Mike1
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

I'm all with you, Michael ...  very upset about this outages, but also hooked so there's not much left but hoping Sergo doesn't have a hangover from last nite and will visit his pc really, really soon... 

5.07.2009, 10:37

MichaelNielsen
m:
Nielsen Group

i dam well hope so to lol ;) 

5.07.2009, 11:12

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

As a player of Mary and Vera, i can add a little note: Mary has average 10.000 players, Vera has average 90.000 (!!!) players 

5.07.2009, 11:49

MichaelNielsen
m:
Nielsen Group

so....is Vera any faster than mary? 

5.07.2009, 11:59

Mike1
m:
Mico Inc

vera is all russian language, right? 

5.07.2009, 12:16

Last time edited : 5.07.2009, 12:22

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Mike1, right, and realm called OLGA is russian, too. (there are 3 realms in this game)
MichaelNielsen, i don't know, i'm just a player. Or your question is for administration? ;-) 

5.07.2009, 13:10

cipetonk
Thirteen years With Virtonomics

we can enter the game now,
but no update Not so Has bothered Pancake I am malicious Again 

5.07.2009, 13:19

spy0n

I love things like that. 6 hours updates and finally... no update today. This realm have less players than others and more problems and errors. Great. Keep it up. 

5.07.2009, 14:44

Jakeroberts_123

This is getting on my nerves too. The games pretty slow moving as it is, without continuously missing updates...
If it keeps hapenning i believe the admins should offer a refund for people that have payed money towards this game. 

5.07.2009, 19:13

secondcoming

Arg... i guess i have to wait another 9 hours till there is an update..... 

5.07.2009, 21:17

no1337uk

And you can't be sure that tomorrow update will finally happen, or we will wait one more day. 

5.07.2009, 22:49

secondcoming

Not soTearsPancake

I hope it updates today.. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Update not finishing

• Page: