Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Is it a bug or not in this loss of about 4000 Billions of $ ??

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 19.05.2020, 07:42

Plop
One year with Virtonomics
Jewelry Loupe Fossil Beauty set Perfume Dentist Baobab Oak Oak
Maple Elm Elm Merit for the Italy of level III Sicilian olive Italy Gold The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" One year with Virtonomics
m:
Plop Limited

Yesterday I sold 147 aircrafs ( air plane ) from my factory at Riga ( Latvia) to my wharehouse at Riga at the price per unit of 19.5 billions. Today I have the same price per unit of 19.5 B in the sale page, ( that means i didn't make any mistake by entering the per unit price), but the total revenue in the financial report of the factory is 29388 Billons and the taxes paid in the transaction are 3978.3 B.

The amount paid in taxes is a big loss for me. I don't know if there are other taxes to pay in a transaction in the same city but the transport of 1 aircrat  from Riga to Riga cost only 10750 $ in the page of transport information of the game.

• Page:
Message list:  

19.05.2020, 10:59

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

unlikely to be a bug, only your taxes. you should post this here
sorry this is not my style, but i cannot stop laughing and joshing you. such a big mistake. 

19.05.2020, 14:41

Belgian chevron Jewelry Loupe Founder of Mbansa-Congo Ancient manuscript Moai statue Moai statue Moai statue Moai statue
Dinosaur skeleton Cracked amphora Cracked amphora Cracked amphora Fossil Skull Old coin Old coin
Beauty set Perfume Coral Killer Whale Shark Octopus Octopus Turtle
Starfish Dentist Triple corporate chevron Three years with Virtonomics

When products leave the factory or other manufacturing unit, a tax is always paid. There is no mistake. But this does not apply to warehouses, if the sale from it is at cost, i.e. the warehouse does not make a profit. 

19.05.2020, 15:22

Plop
Maple Elm Elm Merit for the Italy of level III Sicilian olive Italy Gold The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" One year with Virtonomics
m:
Plop Limited

There is no sale from the warehouse. The 147 aircrafts are still in the whare house.  There is a sale from the factory to the whare house at a price higher than the price entered ( 199.9 B each aircraft instead of 19.5 B for each aircraft). I become to verify in the page of the sale of the factory: the per unit price of 19.5 B is still there. I don't know if it will desappear later or tomorrow?
Which the 199.9 B per unit the tax paid is higher than the normal. 

19.05.2020, 16:03

Plop
m:
Plop Limited

Sorry for Wonson. I doesn't make any mistakes in this transaction. I entered a price that reappear the day after. What better proof do you want?

If they want modify the price to accuse me after. That is their affair. At a higher level of the administration they can verify all the facts mentioned above. 

19.05.2020, 16:22

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

are you sure this is not what happened:
1. the price was set at $199.9B
2. the contract with warehouse was signed.
3. then you changed your mind and reduced to $19.5B AFTER the contract was made.
In such cases the price change happens the day after the change.

i.e: my factory is selling baseball caps to my warehouse for $150. I reduce the price at my factory to $100. the first transaction will be the same $150 because it's an active negotaition. the $100 price only will be effective the next day.

But post it to admins. if it was really a bug, they will correct it. i have no doubt about it. 

19.05.2020, 19:51

Plop
m:
Plop Limited

That is a problem that the technical support should solve by himself.  If one user decided to correct an previous error and the system accept the correction, the system cannot choose the previous error as its input. Otherwise nobody can believe in any correction that he does. 

19.05.2020, 20:07

XDCD
Five years with Virtonomics
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

Plop
That is a problem that the technical support should solve by himself.  If one user decided to correct an previous error and the system accept the correction, the system cannot choose the previous error as its input. Otherwise nobody can believe in any correction that he does.

No.
The price change is delayed by one update on purpose, it's always been like that so the buyer can adjust accordingly if required. (Think of it as a notice letter of an upcoming price increase). The currently accepted price still counts for the old contracts for one update, while new contracts will have the new price right away. (cancel and renew the contract to adjust right away).

Anyway, that's the cost of trying to prop up your turnover I guess. Without that error you would still be paying aprox. 400B in profit-tax per update for no reason with your pricing. 

20.05.2020, 01:53

Plop
m:
Plop Limited

First 400B is not the same thing than 4000 B . I have  no problem to pay 400 B of tax on a transaction of about 2867 B (147*19.5)

Second, if all you are saying  are true, there is no reason to apply it for internal contract. It should be applied  only for external contract ( from one seller to another buyer).

Third, what you are saying doesn't apply  to my case because the system doesn't apply the price of the preceding update that was not 199.9 B. The system decides to choose the new price that was entering by error and not the new price that was corrected. 

20.05.2020, 02:01

Plop
m:
Plop Limited

If the price change is delayed by one update. The price change entering  by error was not delayed by one update in my case as you say above.  It was applied the same update. 

20.05.2020, 11:55

Belgian chevron Jewelry Loupe Founder of Mbansa-Congo Ancient manuscript Moai statue Moai statue Moai statue Moai statue
Dinosaur skeleton Cracked amphora Cracked amphora Cracked amphora Fossil Skull Old coin Old coin

You don’t understand something. The changed price is applied only on the next day (or today, subject to changes in the terms of the contract by the customer after the price change). The fact of the presence or absence of a purchase in the current translation does not matter. 

20.05.2020, 13:38

Plop
m:
Plop Limited

Shmatko, what I don't understand. While I am entering the per unit price, I see there was an error ( I didn't know if it was 199.9 B), some seconds or minutes later in the same day I correct this error. The system accept it.  If the system choose the price with error, nobody needs to change any errors that he makes. And that is not comprehensive. 

20.05.2020, 15:27

There is no concept of "erroneous price." There are the concepts of "initial price" and "new price". The new price is valid for old contracts only the next day. Is it clear now? 

20.05.2020, 16:44

Plop
m:
Plop Limited

I think that you untersand me also from thé point of view of thé user.Hé must have thé possibility to correct immediatly anyy error that hé makes. 

20.05.2020, 17:41

kw2585
Twelve years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Taniocha&Tandeta

Plop, think of it this way: you sign a contract to purchase someone elses products. As soon as the contract is signed, the vendor increases the price. The very first shipment you receive already comes at increased price. Does this sound correct to you? To me it doesn't, the law does not work backwards. You cannot tinker with what has already been agreed. If you made a mistake with the contract, first you break it and then you sign a new one.
In my opinion the current game mechanics in this regards are correct. They protect you from fraudulent practices by giving you time to react to condition changes. 

20.05.2020, 19:38

Plop
m:
Plop Limited

what i am saying: i enter the per unit price. I see there was an error. I correct it immediatly some seconds after.  The contract was done before i entered the price with error or after coreccting it, i don't remember exactly.

I understand what you say. I explain in previous post that is something to be applieed only for external contract and not internal contract. So I aggree with this thesis.

I put only on the table other problem that this practice can produce: you can't beleive in any correction you made on a price because you don't know wchich new price exactly the system will choose? Is the first price entered or the first correction or maybe the second correction....? 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Is it a bug or not in this loss of about 4000 Billions of $ ??

• Page: