Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Top sale limit

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Voting:  

Should be such limit?

Voting duration:

Start: 24.06.2010, 18:44

End date: Not specified

Voting continues
- Yes

- No

- Leave the junk alone

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 24.06.2010, 18:44

Last time edited : 24.06.2010, 18:54

VladTechs
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Hi everybody,
there is something that annoys me a lot - in the enterprice market you see occasionally divisions being sold with assets of 10k or 100k or even 0!!  being offered for sale for something like 100,000,000 or 250,000,000 or even higher.
The sellers may have put it for sale when the div was full and emptied it afterward - they may make it mistakenly or with intention - those divs may confuse noobies who can buy them mistakenly or even regular buyers. Beside of the fact that it convert the enterprice market into some junkyard. I offer the admins will make automatic top limit of the enterprice as 400% of its assets (usually it is limited 300% anyway) and if it reach the limit the sale process will be cancelled.
Please vot. I realy hope admins will do something with it.

P.S. You probably should exclude the stores that gain rep which isn't reflected well in the assets.
P.P.S It is usually isn't a mistake but something made in purpose to screw those who buy them as the sellers ussually sell quiet a few of such divisions.   

• Page:
Message list:  

24.06.2010, 19:05

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

To much aspects to make a script for this. I think. 

FOOD and GROCERY DEPARTEMENT SUPPLIES AVAILABLE !!!

http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2573983
http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2556745 http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2556744
http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2576270

25.06.2010, 01:06

VladTechs
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Well I suppose you are right - It just the fact that those players systematically overevaluate their subdivisions - and I don't talk about 300 rep empty store u sell for 2m, ok? I talk about those weird empty warehouses without any orders that may cost to somebody 100,000,000$ - what the hell? If it won't stop I'll just write here a list of players making such speculations. 
Be the change you want to see in the world

25.06.2010, 01:29

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I have a blacklist for my fund already... http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/101/topic/100762/view/m:99906088/#99906088 ...  

25.06.2010, 01:44

noglues5
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Overall of the doctor of science Magical bonsai Laboratory assistant’s overall
Eleven years with Virtonomics
l:
Wave company
m:
Wave company

Blacklists are comming soon (possibly june 28)Well
Announcement (Russian language) 

25.06.2010, 02:36

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Awesome, thanks for the info! 

25.06.2010, 09:28

VladTechs

+1 to everybody Well 

25.06.2010, 10:26

Last time edited : 25.06.2010, 10:47

Santa Claus hat The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

LOL, we are blacklisting people now? It is a shame. Why can't we all just get along? 

25.06.2010, 11:03

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

VladTechs

The sellers may have put it for sale when the div was full and emptied it afterward - they may make it mistakenly or with intention - those divs may confuse noobies who can buy them mistakenly or even regular buyers.
P.P.S It is usually isn't a mistake but something made in purpose to screw those who buy them as the sellers ussually sell quiet a few of such divisions.

there are quite a few warehouses that used to be full when offered for sale, but customers continue to order, and the warehouse empties.
the rule for ?300% of asset value is enforced at the point where the player puts the division on the market, and, as you have pointed out, not reinforced afterwards

quite a lot of the divisions for sale comes from bankrupt players, and that is one of the reasons why the same seller appears multiple times.  think admin clears them out after a certain date.  that said, sometimes there are very good bargains in the market.

there are the asset, price and discount columns with each enterprise on sale.  that should always be checked..

i check the markets every so often, but tend more to build my own factories where i want them now. 

25.06.2010, 17:16

VladTechs

btw - if we talking about deleting dividions on the enterprice market - it would be appreciated if admins delete half of the old mills and jewelry facts. Active player that want to sell them can hardly do this. 

25.06.2010, 20:48

ChrisBerlin82

LOL, we are blacklisting people now? It is a shame. Why can't we all just get along?

Well, don't get me wrong, I am not blackMAILING anyone. I have written clear rules to buy from my public warehouse and also list basic contract limits in the subdivision name. Of course this is not binding by game rules, but it's binding by my company rules and I can freely decide who I want to supply with goods and who I won't supply. I am selling my wares for the benefit of small companies primarily, that's why I sell them way below retail price and just a bit above prime cost. It's too complicated to add people to the allowed list all the time, but I also don't want some black companies to order 10 million units at a bargain price since they can easily produce their own stuff. As you can see in the blacklist from the 100+ people who have orders at my warehouse less than 10% ignore the rules and any messages I send them. 

26.06.2010, 09:39

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

VladTechs
btw - if we talking about deleting dividions on the enterprice market - it would be appreciated if admins delete half of the old mills and jewelry facts. Active player that want to sell them can hardly do this.

This comes down to market research. If you check before you build and see all those jewelry factories and mills you should know it will be hard to sell one. 

26.06.2010, 21:25

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

Thats true. But perhaps after a certain time period on the market they should be taken out automatically? 

Check out this video! We made it for our physics project!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0mmcZIpSgA

-globeballa

27.06.2010, 00:10

VladTechs

Fractal

This comes down to market research. If you check before you build and see all those jewelry factories and mills you should know it will be hard to sell one.

Well I didn't build any of those but too many people are Very we! 
Be the change you want to see in the world

27.06.2010, 15:28

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

noglues5
If in the company's account within 10 turns in succession has a negative balance (negative cash), bankruptcy is run:
- management of the company will be blocked
- will be offered for sale all enterprises (except for state-enterprises)
If from their sales company go back to plus, then bankruptcy will be canceled.
If after 40 moves the bankruptcy has not been withdrawn, the company will be removed.

This suggests that if the enterprise belongs to a bankrupted company it is removed from market after 30 days. (Listed after 10 days, removed after 40).

I guess some players are buying enterprises and giving the bankrupts positive cash balance. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Top sale limit

• Page: