Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Specialization and sales for factory.

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 7.08.2009, 06:44

Montague
MBA diploma

I have a sausage factory.
There is an option to "change specialization".
At present I am making sausages. If I change spec.. do I stop making sausages?
Can you only make one item at a time per factory?

When I set my product for sale, I can set for "my companies only", "certain companies" and "sell to anyone".
Can I set different prices for "my company" and "someone else" ?

• Page:
Message list:  

12.08.2009, 11:56

Last time edited : 12.08.2009, 20:15

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Montague, in each country Well 

12.08.2009, 17:27.     Subject: starting

Last time edited : 12.08.2009, 17:28

Funk_THE_hunK

hey lets say ur just starting, how should i spend my 1 mill? i did not accept the uncle's gift.

just wondering?

i started off making an office in Mali and France, then i made 2 stores, 1 in paris the other in strasbourg france, and i made 3 cowsheds for milk and meat for 200k each. for the stores i did the supply from locals which it spend 100k of my money on goods from the food stuff. its good cuz i got them right away. i did same for both stores. now i have stock in both, and they are both in fashionalble district. i put 12k adds for both of them ( net + press) and i also bought 2 warehouses ( 1 for grain ( 2 buy the grain for my cowsheds and sell to cowshed for little to make big profit) the other for foods to sell to my store ( just like the collector and seller warehouse thing)) tell me if u like this idea and if there is aything i can do to change it. Im hoping for a better turnout this timep 
Peace Out,
Funk_THE_hunK

HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

13.08.2009, 12:37

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

3 cowsheds at the start may be too many. You still need to buy cows for them, and that costs money too. If you can't afford the cows the cowsheds won't be able to make anything.

Stores in fashionable district might not be a good idea either, depending on what they are selling. Foodstuff and cheaper items won't sell as well there as residential or suburbs. If they are selling expensive goods, it should be ok.

Slowly is the best way to play this game. Do one thing at a time and make sure it is profitable before moving onto something else. Once you have a decent income, then you can start expanding more aggresively. 

15.08.2009, 21:02

chrisallsopp

I only joined last week, I spent my money on 1 cow shed, sausage factory, warehouse and general store.

That way i have a complete chain from animal to shelf making a profit at all steps, plus the sausage i can't sell get's sold at a big profit.

only 1 week in, but going ok! 

17.08.2009, 11:58

Last time edited : 17.08.2009, 12:24

Elcarim

Fractal, I think u need to think about ur plan again, seems like u've used up ur 1million straight away, without saving some free cash flow for upcoming week's supply purchase. When running a business, its always good to have a little free cash lying around, just in case u need to top up purchases, or expand ur business.

Of course, there's always the restart button Well 

17.08.2009, 13:10

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Elcarim - My plan seems to be working out OK for me so far, and I've got much more than the initial 1 million invested in my company now.

http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/company/view/2294497

If I may give you some advice, increase your stores to 1000m2. I did this 3 days (game weeks) ago and my revenues more than doubled the first day, and more than tripled in the last 3.

Also, you should increase your prices on most of your goods. Always try to price your goods above the city average as this will help to increase the average.
You will need to account for quality/brand to get the most out of it, I do a rough calculation of the total quality+brand of my goods versus the total quality+brand of the average city goods. If your total is higher you should sell above the average, if your total is lower you can sell at or below the average.

To be fair, your sales amounts won't have much of an effect on the average (neither do mine, most are barely above 0% of the city total), but if everybody thinks this way the average will most likely go down... 

25.09.2009, 12:04

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

pectopatop
Yes, plus if you read the descriptions on page My office/Qualification, then you know that:
1. if farms generates stable profit, then your qualif. in agriculture increases
2. if shops generates stable profit, then your qualif. in commerce increases
3. And if warehouses generates losses or profits, then it is no matter for your TOP manager's qualification.
So, you may use unreal prices for this purpose - to increase your TOP-manager's qualification

Pectopatop,  thankyou for sharing such a brilliant strategy!
since you have obviously been very successful at increasing your qualification - 12 in Agriculture and Production, 18 in commerce - does the qualification increase more rapidly with bigger profits or would it be enough to just be profitable?

i've only started to build my businesses, so have to be careful with where i spend my limitted budget, but understand the need to improve my qualifications.  there are also much more i need to build - like more stores and factories for supply.

also, seems you have closed a lot of your businesses - are you leaving the game? 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Specialization and sales for factory.

• Page: