Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Specialization and sales for factory.

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 7.08.2009, 06:44

Montague
MBA diploma

I have a sausage factory.
There is an option to "change specialization".
At present I am making sausages. If I change spec.. do I stop making sausages?
Can you only make one item at a time per factory?

When I set my product for sale, I can set for "my companies only", "certain companies" and "sell to anyone".
Can I set different prices for "my company" and "someone else" ?

• Page:
Message list:  

7.08.2009, 06:47

Montague
MBA diploma

Oh, and one more question ...
If I make a lot of sausages.. do they go rotten?
Do I have to sell them before a certain time? 

7.08.2009, 09:19

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

it may interrupt your production for 1 day if you change because you got to order (different) supplies first.
You can change the price once you have placed an order, but it will automatically change to same price for all buyers in the next turn. Maybe you open a warehouse, send some goods to there and sell at different price.
Products do not get rotten, no worries you can produce and keep on stock millions of sausages if you can afford it ;-) 

7.08.2009, 23:20

Montague
MBA diploma

So let me get this straight.

I have sausage factory. I am busy making sausages.
I can set the price for $15 - cos base cost is $9. Then I can buy from my store direct from factory.
I can make a warehouse, sell from factory to warehouse for $15. Then Factory sells sausages for .. let's say $25?
Ok, I got that.

I can make sausages until I have got a good stock.
Then I can order materials - change specialization - created Canned Meat - until I got good stock.
Then I can switch back to making sausages - to make sure I rebuild the stock that has been selling?
Is this the correct way to work with a factory? 

8.08.2009, 00:20

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Of course, it is a correct way, BUT..
i recommend you more simple way:
1. build 2 factories - for sausiges and for canned meat
2. build warehouse - for food
3. set price at factories for example to 15$ and "only to my company".
4. make constantly delivery to shop, for example 1500/turn.
5. make constantly delivery to warehouse, for example 4000/turn. warehouse is after shop, so if factory will have small number of sausiges, then only shop will get it, not warehouse and other players' shops.
6. set price at warehouse for example to 20$ and "to any customer".
7. after all manipulations you have - stable work of shop, 2 different prices (for your shop and for other players), you have ability to change prices for others only using warehouse  (you do not need to check factories every day, only warehouse with ALL yout products) 

8.08.2009, 00:38

Last time edited : 8.08.2009, 00:52

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
l:
KKompany

Some time ago i used next schema:

(i think that it is usefullif you have many equal enterprises). in this schema all you need to check time-by-time is in blue circles - quantity of delivery for your shops, and prices at warehouse-seller for other players.
P.S.: millions pcs. - was because farm produces different quantities of meat at some turns, and farm never produces more than million units, so that was enought. only virtual high limit. other words - "all units the farm has" 

8.08.2009, 05:41

Montague
MBA diploma

so with this setup .. you do not care the "WareHouse Collector" it makes loss ?
Your Collector pay $100 for each piece, sells for $1 for each piece. Right?

Also - you have warehouse before farms? Like a "Wheat Warehouse" ? 

8.08.2009, 11:16

Last time edited : 11.08.2009, 13:42

pectopatop
l:
KKompany

Right, Collector generates very big loss. But it is no matter.
Matter is - your shops and farms generates stable profit, and you have ability for simple management all chain.

Main disadvantages of this schema:
1. you pay very big taxes in Warehouse-Seller, and this taxes does not gives you any advantages.
2. transport's cost too big, because of many deliveries between warehouses and other enterprises.
3. goods goes from farms to end-users with 3-time step, it means that you sell goods produced 3 turns ago, using older technologies and technics than in use at current moment.
---
No, i didn't have Grain-warehouse, it's not neccesary, because Independent Supplier of Grain can delivery you any quantities of grain at fixed stable price. 

11.08.2009, 00:52

Mr_BigBucks

im confuzed wats the diff between warehouse collector and warehouse seller. are they both yours? and why not jus have one warehouse? also why sell product from farm for 100$ to yourself? wouldnt it be easier to just sell for  1 cent? 

11.08.2009, 02:44

Montague
MBA diploma

Dear Mr BIG_bucks,

It works like this..
MySausageFactory sell sausages to WarehouseCollector for 12$.
WarehouseCollector (can only sell for one price) sells to MyStore and to WarehouseSeller for 13$.
MyStore sells to public for 25$.
WarehouseSeller sells to other player for 27$.

These numbers are just examples.
The usefullness of two warehouse, is to be able to sell for different price to your store and to other players.

Does this make sense? 

11.08.2009, 09:55

Last time edited : 11.08.2009, 10:14

pectopatop
l:
KKompany

Yes, plus if you read the descriptions on page My office/Qualification, then you know that:
1. if farms generates stable profit, then your qualif. in agriculture increases
2. if shops generates stable profit, then your qualif. in commerce increases
3. And if warehouses generates losses or profits, then it is no matter for your TOP manager's qualification.
So, you may use unreal prices for this purpose - to increase your TOP-manager's qualification 

11.08.2009, 10:16

pectopatop
l:
KKompany

Mr_BigBucks, the schema - is only example, you may create your own or use other, for example, do not use any warehouses at all. 

11.08.2009, 12:26

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

pectopatop, why do you not have your stores buy directly from the sausage factory?
Excess could then go to warehouse where it is sold to other players, which means you only need 1 warehouse.

Or is there something I have missed that makes this strategy impossible? 

11.08.2009, 12:59

Mr_BigBucks

ohhhhhhh,, i see it now. thx alot. i see knw why u can sell for 100$ to warehouse collector. its to raise ur qualification points. AHHHH thx guys so much. this is really gonna help me a whole. man thats a great strategy 

11.08.2009, 13:08

Last time edited : 11.08.2009, 13:08

pectopatop
l:
KKompany

Fractal, i wrote variant you told in post at 8 August 09, 00:20.
And this variant have next disadvantages (which solved in 2nd variant) :
1. qualification of TOP manager depends on how enterprises (shops, farms, factories) works. There will be difference if you will delivery meat to your shop by price 1$ or by price 50$ - shop will have a bigger profit with 1$ prime cost.
2. it is easy to change prices only in 1 warehouse than in many farms/factories, it takes little time. (if your company is big)

Above schemas - only my variants, nothing else.
of course, YOU MAY USE YOUR OWN, OR OTHERS. 

12.08.2009, 02:23

Montague
MBA diploma

@ Pectopatop - I did not understand the 1$ selling. Now I do. To gain profitability. This is very wise.

One more question.
Do you only make ONE WarehouseCollector and use it to supply all countries Stores, or do you use this setup in each country? 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Specialization and sales for factory.

• Page: