Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Mobile Network Operator

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 27.04.2017, 03:44

Last time edited : 27.04.2017, 14:32

jackcohen
The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hi, did anybody know what factors contribute to the profitability of mobile network operators?

Did the speed of the bandwidth matter?

Currently, I have a top manager qualification of 1. This turn I opened 2 mobile network operators with 2 workers each. The workers are of qualification 1. I only manage to record a top manager qualification growth of 10% in one turn.   

• Page:
Message list:  

28.04.2017, 13:37

XDCD
Five years with Virtonomics
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

jackcohen
Hi, did anybody know what factors contribute to the profitability of mobile network operators?
The chosen city is the most important factor, apart from that, the quality of equipment/employees and amount of employees will contribute to your profitability. Also make sure you keep 100% efficiency.

jackcohen
Did the speed of the bandwidth matter?
It matters for your radio towers to determine the maximum traffic allowance.

jackcohen
Currently, I have a top manager qualification of 1. This turn I opened 2 mobile network operators with 2 workers each. The workers are of qualification 1. I only manage to record a top manager qualification growth of 10% in one turn.
I assume ~10% growth per turn is alright... 

28.04.2017, 17:20

xcrusader010
One year with Virtonomics
Shagreen, VII-XV places Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
m:
Bogan Corporation

I think you could do better than 10%... According to various tables and guides found on the forums, you should get a lot more than that, like 60% ish for qualification 1.

Unless IT Services grows differently to other qualifications... 
-------------------------------

Bogan Corporation

29.04.2017, 18:42

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

You can get 100% growth at qualification 1. Growing qualification is far more important than profits at lower levels. 

30.04.2017, 16:08

Last time edited : 1.05.2017, 14:02

jackcohen
The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Finally, I know the tricks. You can achieve 100% IT qualification growth with 8 workers (all q1 workers) in 4 mobile network operators, provided you have made a profit in that turn. Therefore, spend modestly in advertising the mobile network operators, as most of the time it hurts profits. 

2.05.2017, 15:12

jackcohen

Jayman
You can get 100% growth at qualification 1. Growing qualification is far more important than profits at lower levels.

Yes, but for new players without any qualification bonus to start with, the profits are very important. If the mobile network operators are not profitable, the qualification growth growth will drop to 15.5% 

2.05.2017, 19:08

ydaf
Nine years with Virtonomics
Traskor Swedish standard Swedish standard Viking helmet Viking helmet Dalahast Dalahast Deer horns
Sinterklaas Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion
Triple corporate chevron One year with Virtonomics

jackcohen
Jayman

Yes, but for new players without any qualification bonus to start with, the profits are very important. If the mobile network operators are not profitable, the qualification growth growth will drop to 15.5%
It's not profit though. I can't achieve ideal growth on anna or mary even with big bonus to qualification and I have both top 1 and top 3 at 100% or around. 

4.05.2017, 06:12

jackcohen

ydaf

It's not profit though. I can't achieve ideal growth on anna or mary even with big bonus to qualification and I have both top 1 and top 3 at 100% or around.

First, check your units' advertisement spending. Do not overspend on advertisement, unless you intend to give the unit popularity a boost.

Second, do not overbought data bandwidth. Towers can breakeven at $73 in Lien, so buy the bandwidth at appropriate prices. https://virtonomics.com/lien/forum/forum_new/102/topic/104992/view/page:47

Good luck! 

4.05.2017, 16:29

ydaf
Traskor Swedish standard Swedish standard Viking helmet Viking helmet Dalahast Dalahast Deer horns
Sinterklaas Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion

jackcohen
ydaf

First, check your units' advertisement spending. Do not overspend on advertisement, unless you intend to give the unit popularity a boost.

Second, do not overbought data bandwidth. Towers can breakeven at $73 in Lien, so buy the bandwidth at appropriate prices. https://virtonomics.com/lien/forum/forum_new/102/topic/104992/view/page:47

Good luck!

While I can see why bandwidth may be relevant to growth I'm not sure about advertisement. Are you sure? 

5.05.2017, 05:15

jackcohen

ydaf
While I can see why bandwidth may be relevant to growth I'm not sure about advertisement. Are you sure?

You do not understand my statement. Try refer to the previous replies or experimenting yourself in game. 

5.05.2017, 12:55

ydaf

jackcohen
ydaf

You do not understand my statement. Try refer to the previous replies or experimenting yourself in game.
Well you missed my answer too, I have over 50m profit on every building and still have suboptimal growth. So profit is not the only thing that matters (+ efficiency+ load+ something else) 

5.05.2017, 17:17

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

jackcohen
Jayman

I forgot about that. Yes, sufficient profits are necessary or growth will be penalized.

I started a thread on that previously and found out low IT qualification growth despite maximizing top1 and top3 is a common problem. I concluded that profits were the reason my growth was penalized. Improving the service level by installing higher quality equipment allowed me to boost profits and get maximum growth.

https://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/106072/view ...  

5.05.2017, 17:25

Jayman
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

jackcohen

Data is practically free so the main factor would be low service level hurting sales. You want service level to be normal. If it's low it can reduce your profit by 90%. Install higher quality equipment, increase worker qualification, and buy higher speed bandwidth to improve it. It will be easier to improve service level if your IT center has fewer workers. Also, make sure you're charging enough for data. 90% of the companies here don't charge enough with many charging well below market prices which hurts their profits. 

5.05.2017, 17:30

Jayman
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

ydaf
jackcohen
ydaf

Well you missed my answer too, I have over 50m profit on every building and still have suboptimal growth. So profit is not the only thing that matters (+ efficiency+ load+ something else)

I had very slow qualification growth when I had 40M profit and improved it by increasing the profit to 150M so even though your IT centers are profitable having only 50M profit in each one may be hurting your growth.

See https://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/106072/view ...

Jayman
I upgraded the equip from 1.00 to 4.21 for one of my companies to increase the service level and qualification growth increased from 15.1% to 47.3%. The service level in both of my IT centers remained in the very low range but profits increased from 40M to 150M in one subdivision after the higher quality equipment was installed so low profits was probably the reason for the lower qualification growth.

5.05.2017, 19:20

XDCD
Five years with Virtonomics
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

In that case I assume the low quality of equipment was the problem rather than the amount of profit achieved. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Mobile Network Operator

• Page: