Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Technology and Licenses Thread. How to's and help.

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Voting:  

Should a link be added in the top for buying techs and licenses?

Voting duration:

Start: 28.04.2010, 11:24

End date: Not specified

Voting continues
- Yes

- No

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 28.04.2010, 11:24

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

1. Where do you buy technology levels without building a new factory? I cant find it anywhere.
2. Where do you buy tech licenses?
3. Where do you list a tech for sale or license?
4. How do you optimize a research lab?
5. How long does it take to research a tech? anyone have any formulas? for # of workers at what education level, qualification, etc.
6. If I find a tech I want to buy while my researchers are in the middle of researching it, is there any way to have their work applied to the next level? or will they start again once i buy it?
7. How do I upgrade my equipment without throwing all the old equipment away? How do I just get rid of a FEW units of equipment and replace SOME with better ones?
8. Any other researching and tech tips?

If anyone has ANY techs to sell or license to me, I am starting to make 20 different products so I would be interested maybe in techs for many of them, please contact me,

thx.

Also a little poll, = Should a link be added in the top menu for buying techs?   

• Page:
Message list:  

27.05.2010, 08:11

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

honorchamp,

have you actually tried to put a licence up for sale or buy one for your factories?

buyers may wish to buy for 1k, but there certainly are NOT many licences that go for that, esp the higher level ones.

with the new tech reform introduced a few days ago, there is a presumed minimum cost/licence depending on the tech and level.  'tax' is collected on that assumed min level if the asking price is lower than that.  player would lose money if they sell licences at a lower cost.

since i joined the game and read through the forums, i cannot recall even ONCE where Fractal is wrong.  Looking at your numerous posts, honorchamp, i can certainly not say the same of you.

please test out your accusations before posting in the forum in such a negative, unhelpful way.

many players have posted very helpful information for new players, at their own expense.  a lot of the same sorts of questions have been answered multiple times by very patient and helpful players.  

of course the game can be improved.  i believe admin and the developers already know that.  suggestions for game improvement has its own thread.  people generally respond better to suggestions than strong criticism.  i hope you are amongst those.

lastly, an matter of etiquette - please do not hijack other players' posts/topics with your repetitions of a "seriously broken game".  i would think quite a few of us do not share your sentiment. 

27.05.2010, 14:22

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Honorchamp
Hundreds of millions? Nope, wrong.
It takes hundreds of millions to RESEARCH a tech but only one thousand to buy a license for it.

You obviously havent done the math here.

Sorry, I thought the numbers on my license sale report page that add up to over 3 BILLION meant I had made that much from license sales. I honestly don't know how I could have made that mistake.

I have 3 techs with total sales above 500 million each. That is an awful lot of sales if I only got 1000 each time, wouldn't you agree.

Correct, I haven't done the math. All I did was look at the report that lists my license sales in an informative and easy to understand format.

@ccm_tsang - Thank you very much for the words of support. It is nice to know there is some appreciation for trying to share what I know. 

8.08.2018, 09:00.     Subject: Still Confused about how to accept technology research offers in Research Labs

queenwiki
One year with Virtonomics
The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places Four years with Virtonomics
m:
Sloan Limited

I finished a copper mine tech research.

Total Expenditure: $556 322.57
Technology Market Price: $289 776 265.09

7 OFFERS:
Company         Price
NamNik LMT $400 000 000.00
Kling AG $400 000 000.00
AAA $291 497 501.00
Sloan Limited $264 061 979.38
Furall Invest $250 000 000.00
Viraxje Industries $222 874 375.25
Blacksteel Works Corporation $200 000 000.00

---

Question:

How do you accept an offer?

I have about 10 completed researches. One even has 22 lucrative offers. But nothing is selling. How can one place an offer and NOT buy?

Confused.

Here is another one...
Sports Equipment Production
Total EXpenditures: $102 085.71
Offers: 22
Technology market price $135 548.69

List of OFFERS:
----
Company             Price
Sloan Limited $195 000.00
LordvipeR InCorParaTeD $189 589.69
Aykroyd Inc. $170 959.38
HFTech $164 799.49
Planetmedia $162 237.61
Investifa $150 000.00
Vice company $149 804.53
Eva Retailer $149 000.00
NOVA $140 587.88
badmeetsevil15 Incorporated $135 548.69
Sally Ltd $135 548.69
Ram Services $135 548.69
KF Corp $121 548.26
Almala & CO $120 000.00
Hogul LLC $100 000.00
Wondime $100 000.00
iGU. Group $89 703.51
Huphobbit $30 000.00
CGG Corp $12 000.00
crifasi enterprises $11 000.00
Fiveseven SE $9 999.00
Umbrella Corp $9 500.00

I have received ZERO Income from my Research Lab.

Where is the value? Am I missing something? Why do I get so many offers and no income from sales?

Should I just sell the research lab or abandon it? It is just a money suck. 
QueenWiki

29.11.2018, 16:24

Last time edited : 29.11.2018, 16:27

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

@queenwiki:
You do not accept those offers put there by sellers. In other words, those people are not buying, they are selling. You can also put your tech for sale and hopefully someone someday will order one.

The price buyer pays will be the average of all seller offers, except sellers who are disqualified from sales for putting unrealistic offers. the money will be divided between all sellers, not necessarily equal dividends, except the disqualified ones who get nothing.

http://wiki.virtonomics.com/index.php/Principles:Science ...  
IT'S JUST BUSINESS!

2.12.2018, 15:48.     Subject: Lab research optimizing

Gram123
Nine years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
Leader in technologies

Does anyone knows if the research time goes down if you hire more scientist than required ?

For example researching a lvl 4 tech requires 10 scientist but if you have the money,eqt, and topmanager for it, you can hire more scientist but does it actually matters?

2. question:
If you do hire more scientist than required, to max out your top 1, for faster qualifications grow, does it count? I mean do my qualification grows quicker if a max out on scientist even though its not required? 

3.12.2018, 06:44

Wonson
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

1. Additional scientists may speed up third stage of research (factory test), but not first or second stage.
2. Yes. Maximising top-3, however, is more important than top-1.

Been inactive for two years, but that's how it used to work those days. To wink 
IT'S JUST BUSINESS!

3.12.2018, 15:22

Gram123
Nine years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
Leader in technologies

Wonson
1. Additional scientists may speed up third stage of research (factory test), but not first or second stage.
2. Yes. Maximising top-3, however, is more important than top-1.

Been inactive for two years, but that's how it used to work those days. To wink

Does this then mean that its as a rule of thumb is better to buy the business booster for state 1 or 2 and then max out scientist for stage 3? 

4.12.2018, 21:20

Last time edited : 4.12.2018, 21:24

Wonson
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Gram, I don't know any rule of thumb. I just share what I think I know, but it's you who decides what strategy to adopt. If you want a 100% bullet-proof answer wait for more experienced players' replies. 
IT'S JUST BUSINESS!

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Technology and Licenses Thread. How to's and help.

• Page: