Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Technology and Licenses Thread. How to's and help.

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Voting:  

Should a link be added in the top for buying techs and licenses?

Voting duration:

Start: 28.04.2010, 11:24

End date: Not specified

Voting continues
- Yes

- No

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 28.04.2010, 11:24

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

1. Where do you buy technology levels without building a new factory? I cant find it anywhere.
2. Where do you buy tech licenses?
3. Where do you list a tech for sale or license?
4. How do you optimize a research lab?
5. How long does it take to research a tech? anyone have any formulas? for # of workers at what education level, qualification, etc.
6. If I find a tech I want to buy while my researchers are in the middle of researching it, is there any way to have their work applied to the next level? or will they start again once i buy it?
7. How do I upgrade my equipment without throwing all the old equipment away? How do I just get rid of a FEW units of equipment and replace SOME with better ones?
8. Any other researching and tech tips?

If anyone has ANY techs to sell or license to me, I am starting to make 20 different products so I would be interested maybe in techs for many of them, please contact me,

thx.

Also a little poll, = Should a link be added in the top menu for buying techs?   

• Page:
Message list:  

3.05.2010, 01:13

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

1) I think you can't, and i agree with you, you should be able to buy them from a lab or something.

2) In the factory, technologies, buy licenses

3) In the lab, after the research is done, you have a button in researches called "Sell". Mind that you can only sell tech's you have researched.

4) No idea, i would like to know too lol.

5) I think not.

6) They'll continue that work

7) Equipment -> Remove Equipment (below) -> Buy equipment

8) Buying a research is not the same as researching it. By researching you will be able to sell it and research of further levels will be much faster. 

3.05.2010, 18:34

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

1.,2. You can buy technologie at your factory. Go to one of your factories and you have the Tab Technologies there you can buy licenses and tech lvl's.

3. At your Lab you can sell your technologies or licenses. First they have to be finished.

4. Get the required eguipment and required qualifications of employees

5. Don't have formulas but took me for gold mining about 5 turns but didn't sold it jet and the research cost me 150k

6. Don't know

7. I Think you can't only all at once or repair a few with high lvl equipment that will average the ones you already have

8. I Think research is shit for starters and i'm going to sell my Lab 

15.05.2010, 09:56

saukey
Two years with Virtonomics
Nine years with Virtonomics

license we only can buy and cannot be research right?
only tech can be research right?
1 license can be use to others same enterprise right?

what the level for beginner suitable for built lab n do research.i mean ability of beginner like how much cash should have..
is lab costly for begginer? 

17.05.2010, 12:49

JuleBCN

saukey
You should open a laboratory after you’ve gained at least 10 mln. It’s no point to have a laboratory earlier than that. The skills you need for your laboratory to function properly: scientific research – the higher your qualification in this sphere, the more efficient your laboratory will be. For an investigator there’s no difference between a technology anf a license for one.

and then I didn't really understand your third question, could you paraphrase that somehow to clarify what you wanna know, please? 

18.05.2010, 08:28

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Here is a new question.

1. Can a lab level 3 successfully research any techs levels 2-5?? my level 3 labs have failed twice. Stupid if they can only research level 6+, If so I just flushed 20 million down the toilet building these labs up to level 3. Total waste of money and this info should be in game, A MUST.
2. Level 3 labs must be attached to a factory in order to research level 6 techs. What the hell does this mean attached?????????? No explanation in the wiki. Does it mean in the same country, region, city? is there any way to attach it?? how does this work? Attached to me means physically the lab built ONTO the factory, so must be same city but I dont know cause it doesnt say.

and to answer the 3rd question the last guy asked, no a license is only good for ONE subdiv you buy it for. You have to buy the technology instead of a license to use it on all your factories, and you cant sell it if you buy it, you can only sell it if you research it. 

18.05.2010, 13:11

JuleBCN

honorchamp
1. The 3rd level laboratories can investigate technologies of any level.
honorchamp
my level 3 labs have failed twice
Did you have errors in the process of investigation or just couldn't start one? The errors are a normal thing.
2. On the 3rd stage of industrial tests you need an enterprise using this technology. 

19.05.2010, 05:30

Honorchamp

What do you mean by an enterprise using it? It says "attached to it" in the wiki. Does that mean in the same city? like physically attached? or can the factory be on the other side of the world as long as you have a factory somewhere that does that line of production you are researching? OR do you mean using this technology as in you have to be USING already the same level of technology as in you have to buy it first or buy a license for it before you can research it? 

19.05.2010, 12:03

JuleBCN

Honorchamp
1. the location of the factory is not important
2. the factory has to be of the same type that is determined by the technology investigated, i.e. if you’re investigating “chemical factory”, your factory has to be chemical regardless of what it produces according to its specialization (rubber, plastic, chemicals, etc.)
3. for industrial testing the factory needs a technology one level lower than the one being investigated (i.e. the one you already know, otherwise you wouldn’t be able to start  the current investigation)

btw, all the answers can be found here:
http://wiki.virtonomics.com/index.php/Principles:Science ...  

19.05.2010, 12:10

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

To spell it out for you,

When researching tech level 6+ the research will stop at the third stage (industrial tests).
To continue the research you must "attach" an eligible factory (working factory that uses current research at a level equal to currently researching -1, or higher).

For the record the info is already out there, most people would have a bit of a look before starting to rant. 

20.05.2010, 13:52

saukey
Two years with Virtonomics
Nine years with Virtonomics

JuleBCN
saukey
You should open a laboratory after you’ve gained at least 10 mln. It’s no point to have a laboratory earlier than that. The skills you need for your laboratory to function properly: scientific research – the higher your qualification in this sphere, the more efficient your laboratory will be. For an investigator there’s no difference between a technology anf a license for one.

and then I didn't really understand your third question, could you paraphrase that somehow to clarify what you wanna know, please?

i mean did lab need more money if we do reseach. 

20.05.2010, 15:11

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

saukey, my two labs that have been researching level 2 techs cost 27k to 50k per week. This is just my data.

A large portion of expenses is salary expense so you might wanna build the lab in a low wage location.

I have a question myself: What happens if you start the same research project at two labs, and one of them finishes earlier? I have a tech researched already but found out I can still "resume" the project at one of the labs. 

20.05.2010, 19:26

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

according to the recent announcement, the resume button for the 2nd lab will be gone --- = fixed. 

26.05.2010, 04:09

Honorchamp

There is a major problem with this game in the technology market and license markets.

The whole thing is screwed up because everyone lists every tech license at only $1,000. It costs $500,000 to 1 million dollars to research a tech + $2MM-4MM in expenses to set up the lab. At $1,000 you have no way or recouping your investment ever. There is just not enough demand to ever pay for this. Noobs list licenses at $1000, the minimum, and then everyones revenue is screwed. Everyone else has to list at $1,000 or get no sales unless there are 30 or more buyers per turn which there never are of course so all tech licenses are selling for only $1,000. This is a major flaw and something here needs to be done. The price needs to be averaged up, but even if it is averaged up, people will drop continually undercutting each other to get max sales until it is $1,000 anyway. There needs to be a set minimum price for each technology that provides some profit that people can not price below and that technologys sales then to be split equally amongst all sellers as it is. Otherwise only one guy gets a measly 1 grand and everyone else gets nothing as it is now. And forget uncompetitive sales, people always offer $1000 so you end up with only half what you are trying to sell for. Better list it twice as high, its the only way you will get anything for it.
For license sales, people are just undercutting each other, and its driving down the tech cost like mad because there is no demand. This needs to be fixed. I understand the free market principle but it is broken in this game because noobs sell at huge losses becuase they dont know any better which has no realism or relation to real life. This ruins it for the game and everyone playing it. They list at $1000, ruin the whole market, take all the sales, and then never play again and revenues are destroyed for all the active players. This needs to be fixed ASAP or tech research is entirely worthless except for in the non-starting package technologies. This is wrong. MASSIVE game flaw. please fix this devs.

Why bother spending millions researching techs when you can buy every license for a measly 1grand??? The tech system is ruined here. 

26.05.2010, 18:21

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Each time someone with a licensed factory wants to upgrade they have to purchase a new license. To stay at the top level in terms of production quality you'll need to constantly be buying licenses as they become available.
It is far cheaper to research the techs yourself for a few million than buy techs or licenses for hundreds of millions+ each time. 

27.05.2010, 04:56

Honorchamp

Hundreds of millions? Nope, wrong. One thousand only. They are all one thousand go take a look like between 6-50 for sale all at one thousand only. It takes hundreds of millions to RESEARCH a tech but only one thousand to buy a license for it. Look at the license sales page, you see dozens of purchases for each level because everyone sees that buying licenses is WAY cheaper then buying the techs. Why buy for millions when you can put licenses on your factories for only one thousand. 10 techs up the ladder = 10 grand only NOT hundreds of millions. say you have ten facts = 100k ONLY to get licenses up to tech level 10 for your facts vs hundreds of millions doing it the way you say is cheaper. Nope, this doesnt seem to add up dude and this is what Im talking about. You obviously havent done the math here.

The system is broken big time, and you didnt address the problem of noobs coming in, selling them for 1k and then never playing again, which destroys the whole market for everyone. There MUST be a new system put in where minimum prices are made or this will happen all the way up the ladder. You would need a hundred thousand tech buyers just to recoup your investment for ONE tech at 1k license price, and this will never happen even in ten years of game play. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Technology and Licenses Thread. How to's and help.

• Page: