Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Appropriate time for research????............

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 10.02.2010, 01:25

omega_84

hi everybody,

As per the forum-discussions I have seen, it has been suggested that due to low qualifications, research at the start is not suitable particularly. Followed  that step and have achieved some sense of stable business.i want to know that when should one start? what should be the minimum qualifications, cash balance etc., and what techs should one choose to develop?? should one go in a particular field in research & specialize OR go for diverse tech researches???   

• Page:
Message list:  

17.02.2010, 22:16

Last time edited : 17.02.2010, 22:19

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

if i want to get super manager (since i don't have the equipment at the required quality) should i close my lab? or should i wait to have qualification to sell it? closing it is a big loss in $.

it has 0% efficiency with no research so i can't get super manager like that right? 

18.02.2010, 11:50

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Waiting for qualification is not a good idea, time is working against you, better to close the lab and take the loss.

It is possible to get SM on Mary with a lab, but it will cost a lot for the equipment.
It is currently impossible on Lien, devices are not widely available and even when they are they will be horrendously expensive for quite a while. 

1.03.2010, 00:33

low_pay1
Nine years with Virtonomics

I believe the figures stated by Fractal are very high....... I have started research and inspite of having 93% top manager efficiency and 100% staff and office efficiency it is still very low .....below 20% . the equipment efficiency is  the main problem i find as it has ~19% eff. draging overall eff. of lab to ~15%. I can use only quality 1 equipment, as highest quality available  in realm lien is 1.94 and that i find to be too expensive 

1.03.2010, 06:45

Last time edited : 1.03.2010, 06:46

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Labs with quality 2 devices are readily available on the enterprise market. They are sufficient to get the lab efficiency to ~75%, as long as all other efficiencies (top manager, staff, office) are at 100% and you are researching level 2 tech. 

1.03.2010, 08:54

low_pay1

@Fractal : Even in the case of wearing down of machines? Those needed to be replaced and until that thing is sorted out with availability of good quality instruments with a price being more palatable to my taste, i  think it is going to be a trade-off b/w money spent for quality vs availability of instruments at cheap prices.. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Appropriate time for research????............

• Page: