Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Appropriate time for research????............

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 10.02.2010, 01:25

omega_84

hi everybody,

As per the forum-discussions I have seen, it has been suggested that due to low qualifications, research at the start is not suitable particularly. Followed  that step and have achieved some sense of stable business.i want to know that when should one start? what should be the minimum qualifications, cash balance etc., and what techs should one choose to develop?? should one go in a particular field in research & specialize OR go for diverse tech researches???   

• Page:
Message list:  

10.02.2010, 06:51

Last time edited : 10.02.2010, 06:53

funkydude
Nine years with Virtonomics
Thirteen years With Virtonomics

If u are a new company, u should start researching your "Products", which u are producing and gonna produce in future. Producing goods is very easy but bringing Quality in it is that difficult. So, If u have good tech and low q products, u can still produce good quality.

I'll prefer you to go for ur products. Let see what others say.Well 

10.02.2010, 06:56

eVVe
Six years with Virtonomics

Start Research as soon as you can affort to. What to study ? That wholely depend on market condition/which you prefer. 

10.02.2010, 11:03

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

A qualification of 1 will handle several low level labs. The main reasons people advise against research at the start is cost and efficiency.

Low level, low staff labs will still cost 10k+ per day (game week), and that is once the staff are hired and equipment has been bought. It generally takes ~10-20 days to research a level and unless you can sell the research or licenses (very hard in the beginning) it will take another few days before you see any financial benefit from it.

Labs need high quality equipment from the start which can be either impossible to get or very expensive. Without it your efficiency will be down and you will not be able to get supermanager.

If you have supermanager or are more than 7 days into the game you should think about researching if you can afford it.
Just keep in mind it is very expensive and takes time. On the more established realms especially it is far more important to concentrate on making a profit.

FYI tech 2 or 3 licenses are very cheap on Mary realm, many are ~1000. 

10.02.2010, 12:37

omega_84

Hmm. That arises one other question. There is scarcity of machine tools and lab. apparatus, esp. in lien realm, and if they are present, have considerable expenses involved in procuring them. So it means that apart from a particular field we want to specialize into, we should also see in the development of machine tools and lab. apparatus. Am I Right??? 

10.02.2010, 15:53

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
m:
Company 2.0

For now that is the case. As the realm develops and more people get the capability to produce higher quality equipment the cost and availability will improve.

P.S. A hint for labs, have a look on the enterprise market and you can sometimes find labs for sale with higher quality equipment already installed. 

11.02.2010, 11:36

omega_84

Thanks for the information, Fractal. It was really worth the discussion as I have come to know about some of the lesser known aspects of the game, which lie just below the surfaceWell. Acc. to what I have come to understand,these labs are by the other players who want to offload their excess burden by selling them at discount. One query though : lets say a person X having a level 1 lab. having full strength lab equipments(100/100) decides to sell it, for whatever reasons that be. His/her lab, at the time of being put up for sale has say, ~5% wear. My doubts are :

1. How is it decided how much discount a particular lab will have ? Is it the player who sets it, or the game who decides acc. to some parameters?

2. Does wear of the machines is present for the player buying the lab? If a particular lab is put up on sale , say today and is offloaded/sold  after 3 days, would it make machines' wear increase? 

11.02.2010, 11:41

eVVe

omega_84
Thanks for the information, Fractal. It was really worth the discussion as I have come to know about some of the lesser known aspects of the game, which lie just below the surfaceWell. Acc. to what I have come to understand,these labs are by the other players who want to offload their excess burden by selling them at discount. One query though : lets say a person X having a level 1 lab. having full strength lab equipments(100/100) decides to sell it, for whatever reasons that be. His/her lab, at the time of being put up for sale has say, ~5% wear. My doubts are :

1. How is it decided how much discount a particular lab will have ? Is it the player who sets it, or the game who decides acc. to some parameters?

2. Does wear of the machines is present for the player buying the lab? If a particular lab is put up on sale , say today and is offloaded/sold  after 3 days, would it make machines' wear increase?

What is important: Quality of Equipment.
What Price ? Depend on the person who set it.
Wear... the machine won't worn out if there is no research going on. 

12.02.2010, 09:14

m:
Company 2.0

A lot of the smaller buildings on the market are the assets of bankrupted companies. The system puts them up for sale automatically after a certain time with negative balance. This is why they have the same % discount.

Wear works the same way on bought subdivisions as it does on your own. If you buy it with equipment wear, the wear will be there when you take control.
As eVVe said, wear only occurs when the lab is researching, a lot of bankrupt companies don't even start research.
If you keep looking you should find labs with 0% wear. 

12.02.2010, 16:02

omega_84

What is important: Quality of Equipment. What Price ? Depend on the person who set it. Wear... the machine won't worn out if there is no research going on.

@eVVe : Wow Man !! Fabulous TO-THE-POINT answersWell no-nonsense, only sense. Very we!

a lot of bankrupt companies don't even start research. If you keep looking you should find labs with 0% wear.

@Fractal : thanks for that priceless nugget of info. I think it is better to purchase such labs at discount than making your own. I am now getting busy to up my Q's esp. Management. even though I have 100% efficiency shown in the Subdivision  list I am not making quick progress. i am somewhat confused........ any ideas why is it so??? 

12.02.2010, 17:47

eVVe

Workload: Make it near to 100%
Maximise your Q usage capacity.
Every office must be profitable. 

16.02.2010, 10:59

omega_84

well i am thinking about research now....... any ideas how high my qualification(management) should be before i go for research?? 

16.02.2010, 12:37

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

management Q effects research very little ... since only the amount of workers counts. With Q 1 in science you should be able to run 2-3 labs. 

17.02.2010, 07:48

omega_84

@ Mke1 : thanks dude, that really sets me on my wayVery we!. Just one question though, would they run at max. efficiency?? If not, what can I do to maintain an optimal level of research?? 

17.02.2010, 12:45

donga

in lien they are not running at 100% efficiency as there are no high quality equipments 

17.02.2010, 13:45

m:
Company 2.0

On Lien researching tech 2 you can expect ~75% max efficiency unless you are producing lab equipment above q2. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Appropriate time for research????............

• Page: