Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> New Company Ponderings

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 29.01.2010, 09:45

Jythier
Five years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics

Given unlimited qualifications, it looks like I would want to build store after store after store.  A store is easy to make profitable, and does not require any true initial investment in order to succeed.  The investment is an every-week rent payment instead of a one-time building payment.

Factories and livestock raising, however, are limited by capital outlay.  I cannot build as many as I would like to.  But this begs the question - what rate of return is good for a factory or livestock raising?  Obviously in order for a store to be profitable, it needs to pay back the expenses it generates - staff, rent, and product purchase.  With a large-ticket building, one should be paying back the cost of it over time as if it's rent - how quickly should we be making that back?

I ask because if I build one, I need to know how to price my product - if I'm not paying my building, I'm pricing too low.  If I can make back the amount I would invest in a cow shed faster than a factory, I should go that way first, until my efficiency limits me, just like I should build stores until my efficiency limits me to get the highest rate of return.

The real problem comes in for me when I'm looking at semi-products. If no-one is selling them, then I don't know what a good price is.  I also don't know if everyone on the market is under-priced, or if I should be trying to undercut them and take their business.  As there is no Independent supplier there, and no consumer market to gauge on, pricing can be more fluid.

What do you think, community?   

• Page:
Message list:  

26.02.2010, 15:47

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Replace sick/diseased animals is the only way to fix the problem without high q forage.
Click on "Livestock" then down the bottom of the screen should be a heading "Replace diseased animals".

When you expand or build animal farms you need to order forage and then wait until the next update before buying animals - Animal purchase is instantaneous but forage purchase is not. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> New Company Ponderings

• Page: