Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Working Together

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 11.11.2009, 14:11

Last time edited : 3.01.2010, 21:47

jono99
Twelve years with Virtonomics MBA diploma
m:
Scyther Inc.

So as has been pointed out by so many, since the latest update of having to pay-to-play, alot of suppliers have shut down, thus preventing production for others.

I'm not really sure how well this will do, but i thought i'd post a section where you could list what materials/supplies you are in need of and perhaps others could come along and help out. I also realize that this is a business environment and we are supposed to be competing one another but there's no harm in helping others to help you (so to speak)

For example:
My main concern at this point for supplies is paper. So, how it would go is, i also supply wood/timber (not alot but something) so i'd offer my wood to someone for them to produce paper and in turn buy the paper from them to produce my end goods.

Just a thought. Any additional suggestions to this are welcome.   

• Page:
Message list:  

15.11.2009, 16:30

Joshuawhelan

Ahh. Ok. Well Atm I try to keep under city average if quality isn't good, or just over if quality is high. Didn't want to risk going much higher incase I don't sell anything. 

16.11.2009, 15:30

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Your sales will be reduced for most of your stores because you have multiple departments.
In large stores this is not really a negative because sales amounts are much higher and can offset the penalty.
In small stores (anything less than 10,000m2) the sales amounts are much lower so the multiple department penalty can be crippling.

Try getting rid of meat from your Bursa grocery store and see what that does for your other products. You'll want to get all your small stores to 1 department after seeing the difference it makes.

Also try moving your Bonn, London and Marseille jewel stores to city centre and increase size to 1000m2. Even just try it with one store first. Again the difference will make you want to change your other stores. 

18.11.2009, 11:23

yuga_ninjie
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Belgian chevron Waffle iron Dentist Sandalwood Baobab Sakura Oak
Maple Cedar Elm King of the Fields Golden hook Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Bachelor of Virtonomics MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

i need grain quality of 3 and above... 

2.12.2009, 13:42.     Subject: Grain

jono99
m:
Scyther Inc.

Just an update, in about another 2 game weeks, production of grain should begin for me. It's looking good this far, not sure what the quality will be tho at this point, will have to wait and see Well tho according to the tech level suggestions, it should be around 2.3 - 2.5 

2.12.2009, 15:25

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
m:
Company 2.0

You won't actually produce grain until the farm starts "harvest", which is October (game time) for Nigerian farms.

You should get quality in the mid 2's with a tech of 4 and 100% efficiency.

Because your farm hasn't started the maturing stage yet you can increase the expected quality with a higher tech level (up to ~3.5 with tech 7).

If you are interested you can PM me with the price you are willing to pay for a licence (I have up to tech 7). If it is done within the next couple of updates you will get the benefit for the current season. 

2.12.2009, 15:43

jono99
m:
Scyther Inc.

Oh okay, i thought it came in the maturing stage Not precisely

Well it says the max is 2.46 and i'm on 100% eff, only thing really stopping me from reaching that is i'm under by 0.1% on equipment quality, but that's no biggy

So sorry guys, it is still then quite a while before harvesting I am malicious should be around 10 days or so before harvesting time. 

13.12.2009, 15:30

jono99
m:
Scyther Inc.

Anyone got a decent supply of timber available? The ones going at the moment are VERY expensive and just not economically viable for me Not so 

13.12.2009, 16:13

m:
Company 2.0

PM me with quantity you need and price you can pay.
We should be able to work something out. 

16.12.2009, 18:21

jono99
m:
Scyther Inc.

Done 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Working Together

• Page: