Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Working Together

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 11.11.2009, 14:11

Last time edited : 3.01.2010, 21:47

jono99
Twelve years with Virtonomics MBA diploma
m:
Scyther Inc.

So as has been pointed out by so many, since the latest update of having to pay-to-play, alot of suppliers have shut down, thus preventing production for others.

I'm not really sure how well this will do, but i thought i'd post a section where you could list what materials/supplies you are in need of and perhaps others could come along and help out. I also realize that this is a business environment and we are supposed to be competing one another but there's no harm in helping others to help you (so to speak)

For example:
My main concern at this point for supplies is paper. So, how it would go is, i also supply wood/timber (not alot but something) so i'd offer my wood to someone for them to produce paper and in turn buy the paper from them to produce my end goods.

Just a thought. Any additional suggestions to this are welcome.   

• Page:
Message list:  

11.11.2009, 17:31

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

I have a paper mill that I'd be happy to set to public sale after the book contest.

Only one update left until the end of (this lot of) competitions, so there will be paper available from tomorrow.

If anyone is looking for a low cost way to make some money, see my SPORTS FOOD thread in classified forum. 

12.11.2009, 09:28

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

i need grain (quality up to 2)...i bought it a while ago but now it's going out so i need it quick...so if anyone have it i would be glad to buy it (i need around 20kk per turn)

tnx 

12.11.2009, 11:55

yuga_ninjie
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Belgian chevron Waffle iron Dentist Sandalwood Baobab Sakura Oak
Maple Cedar Elm King of the Fields Golden hook Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Bachelor of Virtonomics MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

i have the same problem as turkbostjan, i also need grain quality of 2+... 

12.11.2009, 13:34

jono99
m:
Scyther Inc.

Thank you Fractal, i'll keep an eye open for that.

Grain is also a huge problem for me, but at this point, i'm just happy to get from the Independent Suppliers. 

12.11.2009, 15:18

Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion

if u have quality of livestock up to 2 there is no problem...but we have quality up to 4 and this is the problem, because animals are dying Not so 

12.11.2009, 15:38

jono99
m:
Scyther Inc.

does livestock farming/production require grain?

i have an agricultural farm that i've managed to research upto lvl 3 but i kinda missed this last harvesting period, so will hopefully catch it up this coming and quite possibly produce even more at better quality.

I would be glad to help you guys out with that? Yes 

12.11.2009, 15:44

yes it require grain...well let us know when you will be harvesting ;) 

12.11.2009, 16:15

jono99
m:
Scyther Inc.

well according to the games harvesting time (June - November) it obv won't be for another while Not so

also coz of missing last times harvest, i dunno what i'm capable of producing, quantity wise, so hopefully i can sufficiently supply most parties involved. Turk, you being top of the list now Ridiculously 

12.11.2009, 16:29

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
m:
Company 2.0

100 hectare farm should produce about 1.25 million units per harvest season.

Paper is now available for sale too. Still need to check prices and supply but have little time today, stupid work and real life getting in the way of my imaginary business empire... 

12.11.2009, 18:55

jono99
m:
Scyther Inc.

Oh cool, that should (hopefully) be more than enough, at least till the following harvest.

and thanks mate, very much appreciated Well 

14.11.2009, 19:24

kavidyan
Silver Finnish Lion MBA diploma

I'm interested to build some paper factories to support some of new products. Will need some help for constant supply of woods. ;) 

14.11.2009, 21:45

Joshuawhelan

I could do with eggs; all seem to be pretty expensive and I'm not ready to produce enough of my own yet. 

15.11.2009, 04:16

m:
Company 2.0

If you are retailing eggs you can order a lesser number of the higher priced ones then raise your selling price.

Raising prices and selling less can be more profitable than selling everything you stock at a lower price.

Wood is one of the problem products right now, and being a state enterprise I think people may hold off on buying one until their days left are low. 

15.11.2009, 13:46

Joshuawhelan

Also there's soft drinks. If I buy those then I make a loss on selling them. They sell faster than all of my other stuff. 

15.11.2009, 14:01

m:
Company 2.0

Just raise your selling price. You should know what you pay per item, always make sure your selling price is higher than that.

You can usually raise prices a fair bit over city average and still make some sales. You will sell less than if you had a lower selling price but a couple of dollars profit multiplied by less items is a lot better than a few dollars loss multiplied by a higher quantity. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Working Together

• Page: