Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Effect of below average realm quality penalty

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 27.04.2016, 17:32

Last time edited : 5.05.2016, 17:48

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

How producing below average quality products effects qualification growth
Cowsheds (500 workers each at Q9.20, Tech 16)
Qualification growth
1 cowshed, above average quality (15.48 vs 9.37)
0.13%
1 cowshed, below average quality (7.90 vs 9.36)
0.01%
2 cowsheds (1 above avg Q, 1 below avg Q) (11.69 vs 9.45)
0.14%

Conclusion: The amount a particular subdivision contributes to qualification growth is much less (10% of normal amount) when it produces below average quality products but it does not appear to harm overall qualification growth.

Whether it makes a difference if average quality is above or below realm average
Cowsheds (500 workers each at Q9.20, Tech 16)
Qualification growth
2 cowsheds (1 @ Q7.9, 1 @ Q15.48) above average quality (11.69 vs 9.36)
0.14%
2 cowsheds (1 @ Q8.3, 1 @ Q10.64) below average quality (9.47 vs 9.50)
0.14%

Conclusion: It does not make any difference whether average quality is above or below the realm average.

Just to confirm
2 cowsheds (1 @ Q1/Tech 1, 1 @ Q15.48) above average quality (10.90 vs 9.50)
0.17%
2 cowsheds (1 @ Q1/Tech 1, 1 @ Q11.17) below average quality (7.99 vs 9.51)
0.17%

Conclusion: It does not make any difference whether average quality is above or below the realm average.   

• Page:
Message list:  

28.04.2016, 08:20

Last time edited : 28.04.2016, 10:33

Gendalf04
The crown of the French empire Wild beehive Honeycomb Honey Barrel Shagreen, VII-XV places Merchant Medal III level Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
l:
Kuku Industries

Jayman, what is the difference between 1st and 3rd scenario? Was Top3 maximized in both of them? While both of them having above average quality, why there is difference in qual.growth?

I don’t see the 100th part in qual. growth, so I assume you are deducting the difference between the actual growth with previous update? Is that right?

I tested the 4th scenario myself and didn’t noticed the difference. But I didn’t look at 100th part of qual. growth and the testing unit’s output was relatively low compared to total output. So that could have played a part. It will be interesting to see your results.

Separately, it would be interesting if you tested the factories where two products are produced simultaneously. How the system calculates those ones? Is it one “main” product and the “byproduct” has lesser/none influence. Or is it shared based on output quantity when comparing to the realm average.
For ex. Soy-bean factory. A good animal feed quality could be achieved, but the “byproduct” butter would have uncompetitive quality, as in specialized factory a greater quality would be achieved. 

28.04.2016, 19:11

Last time edited : 28.04.2016, 19:12

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

Gendalf04
Jayman, what is the difference between 1st and 3rd scenario? Was Top3 maximized in both of them? While both of them having above average quality, why there is difference in qual.growth?

The 3rd scenario had 4 cowsheds running instead of 2. The first two with above average quality contributed 0.26% and the other 2 with below average quality contributed 0.03% for a total of 0.29%. Top3 was kept far below the max because I read the penalty for not paying points applies to max growth.

I don’t see the 100th part in qual. growth, so I assume you are deducting the difference between the actual growth with previous update? Is that right?

Yes. It's hard to get accurate results relying on tenths when growth is less than 0.1%. 

28.04.2016, 22:00

XiozZe
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Oxellic

I'm afraid, Jeka, that this new rule (if I understand correctly) does not solve your apiary problem. Let me have a try at the meaning of the message, and then you can determine whether my interpretation of the google translate interpretation is correct.

At this moment: you receive a penalty if you produce less then the realm average.

Google translate
Формула "теоретически достижимого": 8х(Квалификация без бонусов)^(1.3/3).
-->
Formula "theoretically achievable": 8x (without qualification bonuses) ^ (1.3 / 3).

After the update: you receive a penalty if you produce less then the realm average AND you produce less then this formula above. So if you have a livestock qualification of 22, you have to produce honey with a quality of at least 4.13 (current realm average, Mary) or a quality of at least 30.54 (formula). For low realm averages, this formula will change nothing. For high realm averages, this reduces the quality you need to produce at to avoid the penalty.

For me, the value from the formula is 37.80 (production qualification: 36). So I guess I can now start to produce ... bedroom furniture (realm average quality: 51.74) I guess? Not much I can benefit from this new rule.

On Vera things are a different matter though. Average baseball caps quality: 80, bedroom furniture: 114. The moment the penalty starts to kick in (lvl 20?) this could really hurt players on the Vera realm, as they would never be able to produce such high qualities. For us here on Mary, not a lot of change. I mean, check animal farms. No way we are ever going to benefit from that rule if the average egg quality is 11.50. So this will maybe open up some paths for people on Vera for certain products, however, here on Mary there is not a lot of change.

But this story is only true of course if google translate didn't mess up. Jeka, does my story make sense reading the Russian? 

29.04.2016, 03:09

Last time edited : 30.04.2016, 08:28

Gendalf04
The crown of the French empire Wild beehive Honeycomb Honey Barrel Shagreen, VII-XV places Merchant Medal III level Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
l:
Kuku Industries

So new players on Vera will benefit a lot by the new formula.
On Lien, easing effect will be felt in products where there is considerable bonuses exist (specialized factories, villa, region bonuses).
For ex. realm average for bedroom furniture is 56+. So it means now you don't have to beat it even when you have qual. at 90.
Great, electorate of Virtonomics are making gains.

PS. Guys, does the picture shows up in your browser? Firefox and Opera is showing up in mine, but chrome and safari isn't. 

3.05.2016, 23:13

Last time edited : 3.05.2016, 23:14

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

XiozZe - i deleted my message cuz this is not yet confirmed. I'll make the official announcement if they make it in Russian. Now this is too unclear. I didn't understand it myself so i am not gonna make any assumptions.

All i know is that currently the penalty is unfair. I had +8% growth with 280 cow farms and then i build 10 apiaries so my growth dropped to +4%. This is totally unfair system we have now but i am not gonna go into details

Lucky for people who are in Lien and Mary av Q is quite low and for you guys it is not that big of a problem but in Vera av Q is 40-60 (sometimes 80-100+) so with qualification 20-30 it is impossible to produce higher then Av. Hope this new update will partly fix it.

Anyway now the rule is: if you want to have perfect growth of production/livestock you should produce all goods with Q > av. Even if you produce 2-3 things with lower Q, this will reduce your growth by crazy amount

Jayman - thank you for the testing and data 

5.05.2016, 19:00

Last time edited : 7.05.2016, 07:07

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/11/topic/102484/view/page:3 ...

Small changes for producing quality below realm's average which slows down qualification growth.

Now this penalty does not apply in case realm's average quality is higher quality than "theoretically possible".

Formula for "theoretically possible" (TP) quality:  8х(Top manager's qualification without bonuses)^(1.3/3).

Clarification:
- If you produce goods with quality higher than average* you get no growth penalty
- If you produce goods with quality lower than average but this quality is higher then TP, you get no growth penalty
- If you produce goods with quality lower than average and this quality is lower then TP, you get a growth penalty

*average = average quality in the realm

This applies to production, livestock, etc. 

5.05.2016, 22:51

Last time edited : 6.05.2016, 04:03

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

when will this be implemented?

Please show a calculation sample here/ how to type this into a simple calculator with qualification of 50, thanks.

Most perfectly, the TP quality is shown on the top manager page (*persondata/knowledge) by the system. 

6.05.2016, 04:12

Last time edited : 6.05.2016, 04:17

Gendalf04
l:
Kuku Industries

Jayman

That is strange. On which realm did you test it? From my experience with sheep farms, producing below realm average completely cuts off the qual. growth. 

6.05.2016, 04:24

Last time edited : 6.05.2016, 05:52

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

hen will this be implemented?

Please show a calculation sample here/ how to type this into a simple calculator with qualification of 50, thanks.

Most perfectly, the TP quality is shown on the top manager page (*persondata/knowledge) by the system.
It is already implemented.

Here is how i understood it:

We take the formula and put 50 there

8х(Top manager's qualification without bonuses)^(1.3/3).

TP: 8*50^0.43 = 43.01

So how it works? Let's say that average quality for cheese in Mary is 50.

Case 1.
You make cheese quality of 25. It is below TP and it is below the average.
You get the same old penalty to growth speed as you'd have with the old mechanic

Case 2.
You make cheese quality of 55. It is above TP and it is above the average.
You don't get any growth speed penalties.

These two case are the same as it used to be. Now the next case is where this feature apples

Case 3.
You make cheese quality of 45. It is above TP but it is below the average. With old system you would get a growth speed penalty but now, because it is kinda "theoretically impossible" for your current qualification to produce quality above the realm's average the system will only check if the quality is higher than TP. If it is, you are good to go (you won't have this penalty). 

6.05.2016, 05:07

Gendalf04
l:
Kuku Industries

jeka_igla

8х(Top manager's qualification without bonuses)^(1.3/3).

TP: (8*50)^0.43 = 400^0.43 = 13.14

Jeka, at the top formula there are no brackets that you voluntarily added in yours. So ab comes first.

For Q 50 it will be 8*500.43=43.01 

6.05.2016, 05:24

Last time edited : 6.05.2016, 05:30

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

lol, thanks

I corrected my post 

6.05.2016, 13:40

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

6.05.2016, 15:21

Last time edited : 6.05.2016, 15:24

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Jeka, what about mining, sawmills, agricultural farms, fishing bases?

These units all cost hard cash but suffer ginormously from growth penalties. Additionally, its technically impossible to make quality higher than 20 something even with tech as high as 30).

Since these units are for real cash, with quality penalty AND Top1+3 penalties, these state enterprises are the most ungrateful investments in the game as it literally requires hundreds of USD to achieve good growth. 

6.05.2016, 15:34

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

MIke1
These units all cost hard cash but suffer ginormously from growth penalties. Additionally, its technically impossible to make quality higher than 20 something even with tech as high as 30).

I wonder if we still don't have the formula correct... 

7.05.2016, 04:40

Last time edited : 7.05.2016, 05:20

Gendalf04
l:
Kuku Industries

Mike1
Jeka, what about mining, sawmills, agricultural farms, fishing bases?

Since these units are for real cash, with quality penalty AND Top1+3 penalties, these state enterprises are the most ungrateful investments in the game as it literally requires hundreds of USD to achieve good growth.
That must be a common way of thinking once you embrace what’s it like to be a virto-oligarch.
Enormous profits from farms now are tagged as enormous suffering.
Can’t complain if for someone with high agriculture quals. increasing quals. growth is still a pressing need. It’s just the term “ungrateful investment” is too strong of a word for the farms that bring a loadz of cash. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Effect of below average realm quality penalty

• Page: