Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Buyout of properties qualification now to low

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 25.10.2011, 06:52

SignGuy
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

So, I was making plenty of profits off of my investments and decided it was time to reinvest my money into more properties to make me more money... Little did I know that it was going to destroy my entire business.

I have these properties now and my effeciency in everything that I own is less than 50% which of course makes people cancel their contracts because I can't produce enough to fullfill their orders.  I don't know how it is possible, but even my stores that were making well lets say VERY good money are now in the negatives.

What do I do to fix this problem?  I can make the stores and the factories profitable if my top manager effeciency would go back to normal.  I've upgraded it with points the most that it will let me and still I'm at 46%.  I'm honestly frustrated enough with this enough that I could drop this game tonight.  I do enjoy the game, but this seems ridiculous that the effort I have put into making everything profitable is now going to crap because I bought some extra property.   How does this game expect you to make your stores profitable which will increase top manager effeciency if they are only producing 45% of what they are supposed to produce?

I would like an official answer before the next update... i'm not going through all of these businesses financials again to see negatives in every one of them.. That is no fun and the entire purpose of this game is for my enjoyment.    

• Page:
Message list:  

25.10.2011, 07:23

Last time edited : 25.10.2011, 07:25

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

i assume properties means subdivisions and the problem is in your lien business? There it looks like you might have to many subdivisions in the same 2 countries, thus overloading offices. You must adhere to the limitations of your top manager http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/102121/view ...

if you are at it, also read

http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/102121/view ...
and
http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/101622/view ...

If you have money problems you might ask another player for help. I dont have a business on Lien, you may for example try asking Turkbostjan 

25.10.2011, 07:49

SignGuy
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Its late and I just spent two hours finagling to ensure my properties show a profit.  At the moment I still have a positive cash flow, but it won't last maybe 3-6 more turns.  Thanks for your input, but it kind of tells me what I should have done in the first place and now knowing that I messed up how do I make it right? 

25.10.2011, 12:34

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

send some employees on holidays? This will alleviate the pressure on your top manager and increase the efficiency. 

26.10.2011, 00:25

Last time edited : 26.10.2011, 00:27

Dutchsmurf
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Or you can close some subdivisions. From what I can tell you have more (or higher qualified) personal than your manager can handle. So you have to do something to lower the pressure. Which means lowering the qualification of your personal, firing people or closing down whole divisions. Although I guess you don't really have to close it completely, but can settle for just firing all personal of a division. 

26.10.2011, 04:09

SignGuy

I am losing everything like crazy... and my top manager effeciency is still decreasing instead of increasing... this is ridiculous.  I'm going to close down everything that I bought and lose that money.  I doubt that I will have any interest in this game after this.. The creators should consider automating this top 1 top 3 crap so that it alerts you that your stretching your limits. 

26.10.2011, 13:43

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

actually, it does tell you when you stretch beyond your qualifications...

When you go to a subdivision's main page, you can check next to your qualification: it says something like "standard safety factor" when you are safely within margins of your qualification. Then as you hire more staff or increase their skill (eg by training them), the safety factor becomes minimal. Then if you go on, the message disappears. That means that you are at or beyond the limit.

To find out, click on "work efficiency" on the bottom line. It will show you the expected efficiency. Take into account that it doesn't adjust for higher skilled staff due to training and that after you click it, it doesn't refresh for at least 20 minutes, no matter what.

If you want more detailed help, you're gonna have to post some screens of your offices main page as well as some troubled subdivisions. 

28.10.2011, 06:25

Last time edited : 28.10.2011, 06:30

SignGuy

Well I am still profitable somewhat... its going to crash hard when it does.  I fired over 9,000 employees yesterday I thought that would cut it... guess I was wrong.  I fired 10,000 today lets see what the numbers look like tomorrow.

Edit:  I now have 35 subdivisions with no employees and my top manager is expected to be 85% 

11.11.2011, 15:40

cool_crasher

hey wat happened? u managed to get a profit or did u quit...?
just curious..... 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Buyout of properties qualification now to low

• Page: