Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Assets::Turnover::Profit.

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Voting:  

My Revenues are ___% of my total Assets.

Voting duration:

Start: 27.06.2010, 02:01

End date: Not specified

Voting continues
- Above 25%

- 20-25%

- 15-20%

- 10-15%

- 5-10%

- 1-5%

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 27.06.2010, 02:01

Last time edited : 27.06.2010, 09:05

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

I just have a question for anyone really. How much do you profit from each turn? Like you make 1 billion in revenues, but what is your profit? % wise you could answer. that way it could give me and some others sort of a goal to set. And to see where the larger companies are at.

Also the Assets to turnover. I have 16 Billion in assets. I just started up again, but right now my rev's have only reached anywhere from 600-800 Mil.  So I only make like 5% give or take from my total assets. To me it seems pathetic. I have alot of buildings just sitting there because my Q isn't large enough. That is why my assets are much higher. I just want to see where other people are at so I can help better my company. Maybe this could help some other people as well.

Looking forward to some responses! Very we!

globeballa

• Page:
Message list:  

27.06.2010, 08:19

VladTechs
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Hi Globbela - thanks for the greetings. Hope u can win someday too, but u
realy must know the winning numbers Well
I think your scale isn't representing - as hardly anyone of the big guys pass the 20% of turnover /total assets ratio.
So I'd say you should make it - 1-10, 10-15, 15-20, 20-25, above 25 

27.06.2010, 09:05

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

Okay thanks. I fixed it. 

Check out this video! We made it for our physics project!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0mmcZIpSgA

-globeballa

27.06.2010, 15:14

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

My revenue is somewhere around 1.5% of assets now. 

27.06.2010, 16:03

Buzerius
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Last turn:
Revenue/Assets: Slightly over 15%
(Profit+one time fees)/Assets: Slightly over 10% 

27.06.2010, 19:11

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I dont think Turnover/Asset has any relevance.
In the beginning, if you do  all out retail, you can maintain 50-100%, but the bigger you become, the lower the figure, because of the diminishing Qualification growth.
Asset has nothing to do with growth, because there is simply no place to invest money, so the marginal profit of any given amount is exactly 0%.
So no matter how much asset you have it wont help a single bit.
I have about 3,5% Turnover/Asset

Profit/Turnover has some meaning, but it still dont says much, because if you use warehouses, it can greatly screw your ratios.

Mine is 62% pretax, and 42% aftertax - at company level, but I always stockpile, ie. buy way more than consume, so its these numbers are lower than actually is, because practically I am investing constantly in stocks.

I think the most meaningful of this kind of ratios is Profit/(number of Production employee)
Mine is about 24K 

27.06.2010, 20:06

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

Okay Deira, thanks. But (number of Production employee), do you just mean the number of employees that you have? Why is this useful?

Thanks! 

28.06.2010, 10:02

MichaelNielsen
Eleven years with Virtonomics Film camera Vintage camera The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Nielsen Group

My Profit to Revenues percentage is 56% for todays update (28.6.2010). As for my Profits to Assets its 2.3%. The Assets to Profit percentage is so low because I have $27,243,640,742.65 on my balance sheet (cash). It accounts for 86.5% of my total holdings.

My Revenues to Assets is 4%. 

28.06.2010, 14:50

ydaf
Traskor Swedish standard Swedish standard Viking helmet Viking helmet Dalahast Dalahast Deer horns
Sinterklaas Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion
Triple corporate chevron One year with Virtonomics

Something like 0.5-1.5% Well 

28.06.2010, 16:48

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

For the big, established players, by far the biggest constrain is Production Qualification - or from a different viewpoint, the number of employees, who you can produce goods with.
And so, the most important thing is to optimize the usage of your production employees.
And the average profit of one production employee shows how much you can squeeze out of your people.
The higher this number, the more "efficient" your company works.

For example if you can achieve 1B profit with 50K people, than thats obviously better than to achieve the same with 100K. In the first case profit/emloyee is 20K, the second is 10K. The more the merrier Well

Other employee besides Production is not really relevant, because the farming/mining output is channeled into the final goods production, so its there.
Science is very important but it cant really be measured with this kind of numbers.
Retail is never the bottleneck, so retail employee number or utilization has practically no meaning. 

29.06.2010, 19:55

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

Okay thanks Deira!! SO I just take the Turnover, and divide that by the number of workers in the production sector? 

29.06.2010, 21:38

Deira

Yes, you can do it with turnover, but its more relevant to do with Profit. 

29.06.2010, 22:37

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

Okay thanks. I will do that. 

30.06.2010, 02:50

Last time edited : 30.06.2010, 02:53

bucew
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Three years with Virtonomics

rev to assets some 19,4 %

profit per production worker 2553$ atm Not so, but i had some 5,5M investments in th same turn

profit+invest per prod. worker. 6925$ 

30.06.2010, 03:01

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

Very nice. Yeah it is much easer to double or triple your current assets when you start, so I guess me being at 4.5% is not bad. The larger you become I guess the less it gets. 

30.06.2010, 14:52

Last time edited : 1.07.2010, 15:20

VladTechs
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Deira
Yes, you can do it with turnover, but its more relevant to do with Profit.

Then i'd say every employee of my company contributed (-30)k$ to the company last turn. lol

Actually it's about (-100k) this turn Well 
Be the change you want to see in the world

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Assets::Turnover::Profit.

• Page: