Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Massive new game bug?

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 20.06.2010, 17:57

Last time edited : 20.06.2010, 22:52

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

This game bug is now called the HIGH WAGE BUG.

My business collapsed today unexplainedly. Lost 1 billion dollars profit. Yesterday everything was 100%

All my stores dropped to only 2-18% eff. Many of my offices dropped to 15-25% eff. Yet some are 100% Still.
Admin loads skyrocketed to 449% to 758% for no reason. No new advertising.
I have been trying to figure it out for hours. It makes no sense but then again this game usually doesn't follow reality.

Here is what I changed yesterday:
1. I raised pay in all my subdivs/offices based on VLLs top2 chart to get quali up. Made sure I was under limit.
2. I did a 4 day training for every business to assist in this.
3. I increased machine quality and techs. (made sure workers have enough qual of course.
4. I went over my limit of commerce workers by just 2%

I look at my offices, 3 of the 4 affected have topM eff of 100% STILL.

Why did admin load go up? No explanation. Does training increase admin load? I dont think so because in the one region where I have 60+ subs all training, this office is 100% and not over the admin load. None of the other affected offices have much in the way of factories or subs, nothing in comparison. This tells me training either doesnt affect admin load at all really, or it would push my 60+ factory office way way over.

Raising pay should not be an issue, especially since my TOPM is 100% in 3 of the 4 affected offices. As far as I know increasing machine quality and techs has no bearing on subdiv efficiency. I only went to level 6s anyway not like I went high or anything. (I will check that tech chart though just in case although I am sure Im fine.

Going over commerce limit by 2% should only affect me 2-15% if this game in any way shape or form reflects reality, oh wait...it doesn't. (ie. TopM system, top2 system, warehouse bug, no alerts, multiple taxation, excise within borders, officer limit, i need not go on)

My office with the most facts 60+ 2 stores and advertising has ALL 100% ratios, and every sub in the region has 100% everything. This confirms that training has no impact, the commerce overlimit didnt hurt me, the rise in pay didnt hurt me, and increasing techs and equipment didnt hurt me..

Excuse me for angrily saying but...WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!! ?

Can someone let me know when the next punch a dev day is?   

• Page:
Message list:  

20.06.2010, 18:03

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

Hm. Nothing happened to my company. Thats weird. 
Check out this video! We made it for our physics project!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0mmcZIpSgA

-globeballa

20.06.2010, 19:18

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Anyone reading this check this out. It has got to be the best thread in this forum on this topic.

http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/101016/view ...

turns out my adjustment for stores was wrong. I was going off the top1top2 chart by VLLord but there is a different one for stores. Also it turns out I made a couple mistakes adjusting offices and went a bit too high. This fixes a couple concerns. I still cant figure out why the heck my admin load shot up. It just shot up again when I dropped quals and brought TopM back to 100%. WTH?? This is messed. Why the devs ever took the required quals off the office page and made them invisible is beyond me. They can fix this whole game and all the problems and confusion just by putting it back, they already have the code. That makes me want to smash my head against my kitchen counter like a hundred times. Ohhhh if only my head was the devs heads I would, maybe even 200 times. Maybe you could help there 'balla'

P.s. I hope you aspire to more in life then becoming a 'balla' ;) that is pretty destructive to the world and children. P.s. Is that you in the picture or Kobe? Can you believe how obvious the celtics purposefully tanked that game? every man back behind the 3 point line for every shot letting the lakers have the ball every time in the last 10 minutes. It was Soooo obvious. Rigged man, just watch it again online. Soooooo rigged watch the total change from the game until that point it is a 100% stark contrast to what they were doing. Deliberate tank. I wonder how much more the NBA makes if they go to game 7 rather than a 4 or 5 game series, ratings, tv ads and revenue, merchandising, 2-3 more games of finals tickets and event sales, once I started doing the math I can see the Harlem globetrotters in basketball being very easily duplicateable in the NBA without being able to tell. What a fraud. Its tens of millions, in fact, entire team payrolls for the year + in a matter of 2-3 games. I was standing in awe watching there from the start of their slide when they clearly changed tactics I noticed right away. Watch it dude youll see it too. I should search for this I bet lots of people are talking about it. 

20.06.2010, 22:42

Honorchamp

This Bug will now be referred to as the high wage bug. It is clearly a game design flaw to have admin skyrocket by 400-800% if you pay your employees a little too much. This has no place in reality. 

20.06.2010, 22:51

Honorchamp

Oh also, does anyone have a chart for office employees yet? and also for Agriculture and mines sawmills etc?
Also, what are the formulas for these? Thanks. 

20.06.2010, 22:57

Honorchamp

After more research I discovered there are 5 different charts. one for each of:
Animals.
Stores.
Offices.
Factories.
Agriculture.

I have been resetting qual levels as per the stores chart. Once I did this, it alleviated the strange mega increase in admin. It seems if you pop your top1 level in a store due to employee quals your office takes on significant admin and shuts down your whole business. So if you pay them too much, your office suddenly becomes overburdened with massive new admin load. This follows the general mantra of the game when it comes to managing offices which is = TOTALLY NO BEARING ON REAL BUSINESS NOR LIFE. This is completely stupid, but at least I get how it works now so I can avoid the bug. There is no way in real life that by paying your people a lot in a store or factory that your office will have more admin duties. In fact it will probably have less as the employees will take pride in their work and for money you can hire more competant store level administrators, so the game is backwards here. You should have lower admin load actually by paying more, they might want to reprogram this REALISM back into the game here.

It seems checking the forecaster all my offices are back to 100% on update except for one and I'm still trying to figure out why. Maybe it just hasnt updated yet I will soon know. All my stores are now back to 100% ish. All my animals back to 100%. All agriculture too.

It seems I have solved already 90% of my crisis here. Maybe I will leave this thread up in case you guys get some benefit from it somehow. 

21.06.2010, 00:23

Last time edited : 21.06.2010, 00:23

noglues5
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Overall of the doctor of science Magical bonsai Laboratory assistant’s overall
Eleven years with Virtonomics
l:
Wave company
m:
Wave company

Factors of administrative load:
1. Number of employees in offices
2. Qualification of employees in the offices
3. Quality of the computers in offices
4. Quantity of personnel  in controlled subdivisions (different kind of enterprises have a different influence to the admin load)
5. Qualification of personnel in controlled subdivisions (different kinds of enterprises have a different influence to the admin load)
6. Total area of controlled warehouses
7. The total budget of advertising campaigns in the region

Green factors reduces level of admin load
Red - increase that level 

21.06.2010, 02:29

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Please stop thinking your lack of understanding of the game makes it a bug. VLLord specifically said that his chart is approximate, it is not a precise surgical blade, it's more of a massive broadsword. Given that no other player has had this issue, it is a problem on your end. The only time my efficiency dropped so low was because I forgot to add more workers to the required state in my office. 

21.06.2010, 09:10

Honorchamp

Sorry warfreak but this doesnt come down to a misunderstanding. I fully understand this area of programming/design and IT IS A BUG, A FLAW, a poor design. There is no place in reality that if you pay your employees more that your admin load will somehow increase. This is rediculous. AS I SAID BEFORE which you ignored so conveniently, in real life business if you pay people more your admin load will likely drop as they will take on more responsibility or you can afford to hire better people who are more experienced in this area etc. The game has it TOTALLY BACKWARDS to life, which = A BUG. It is ALSO a bug due to the MASSIVE unrealistic influence this has on your entire company. Being over the limit by a minimal fractional percent and it throws your entire country into total chaos admin load somehow magically increasing by 800% THIS IS A BUG.

Please stop thinking YOUR lack of understanding of common sense, real life business, or what is a bug means you can just ignore people and spam posts without reading them.

It is also LAUGHABLE for you to say "no other player has had a problem" being as how 90+percent of players who try out this game quit because of these very issues, and there are COUNTLESS efficiency complaints all over the forums. 

21.06.2010, 09:12

Honorchamp

Anyway, it was all solved by using the stores chart and animals chart to bring qualifications back into line. We really still need an office chart and a labs chart and an agriculture chart though. These are crucial. Anyone have em? 

21.06.2010, 13:07

swift_c
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
m:
swift_c

1) This is a game, not real life.
2) This game has certain rules and features which may or may not reflect reality.  It is a game.
3) A business simulation game is just that.  It does not reflect business as it may or may not be.  It is a simulation.
4) People who quit the game do so for their reasons, which may or may not be what anyone thinks because there was No in depth  'exit interview' of people who stop playing.
5) Of the players who remain, most no longer suffer from the efficiency "problem".  We have either learnt to take it more slowly, play within our understanding of the constraints and rules of the game, or used real $ or VIRTs to supplement our growth.

A bug is if something did not work according to the specifications.  Not knowing what the specifications are, we the players can only make suggestions or report something that seems to not work as expected.

In real life, if I am totally uneducated and unqualified, and tried to control people who are a lot smarter, qualified and educated, it is harder and more work than if I am better qualified.  Therefore I believe that the administrative load should be higher for employees with higher qualification.

Honorchamp, you are one person with many opinions.  I am one person with some opinions which may not agree with yours.  1 Vs 1 = no change.  Admin need not just follow your instructions.

Lastly, it would be good if you asked instead of demand answers or help.  No one is obliged to help any other in this game.  If anyone helps, it is because of their good will. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Massive new game bug?

• Page: