Create your dream company and become a tycoon!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Qualification growth. How it works

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 13.06.2010, 14:36

Last time edited : 10.12.2015, 00:12

noglues5
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Overall of the doctor of science Magical bonsai Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Wave company
m:
Wave company

Common info

If the player qualification is fully utilized, qualification growth will be faster.

That is the ideal growth factor - when the company is working with 100% efficiency and full usage of a top manager capacity. However, there are the following additional factors to effect qualification growth:

management's growth is additionally evaluated by paid taxes of the company

commerce's growth is additionally evaluated by profit (paid taxes) of stores.

production's, mining and animal husbandry growth is evaluated by the quality of produced goods. Ideally, the company must produce high quality goods. At high levels of qualification, output quality should be equal to the average quality of the realm. For lower levels of qualification it can be lower.

Optimal growth of science is evaluated by the amount of technology inventions in the previous 15 turns and the sale of technology (not license) in the previous 15 turns.

agricultural growth has no additional factors;  growth only happens during the harvest season.

marketing's growth is evaluated by volume of advertising. Single volumes of advertising and / or the total amount of advertising must comply with the current level of player.

The ideal load - this is when top1 and top3 are utilized to the maximum.
~~~

What is top1, top2,  top3?

To run a subdivision with full efficiency, a suitable Top Manager qualification (Q) is required. A players qualification grows every day, according to a summary of factors from all subdivisions of the respective Q. One indicator is 100% efficiency at every subdivision, but there are other "invisible" factors which effect Q growth. Those are Top1, top2 and top3.

When the new qualifications system was introduced, those invisible factors Top1-3 were displayed at each subdivision for a while in a special window which looked like this:

Top1 - How much Top Manager qualification needed to manage the current settings (current staff number and qualification) in a single subdivision
Top2 - How much Top Manager qualification needed to manage the required settings (required staff number and qualification) in a single subdivision
Top3 - total number of staff for the whole company
~~~

How to achive growth from this table?

It's very simple - you must load your top manager at each unit and throughout the company.
Ie if the load is ideal, then the hiring of another employee, reduced eff. all units of the industry. If we increase the qualifications of personnel that eff. also decreases (only in this unit)
Conventionally, it can be represented as:

Note: You can artificially increase the qualification of staff, to the maximize load of top1

Is there a caveat - top1 and top3 can compensate for each other. For example, in this case, eff. will be 100%, although top1 overloaded (because top3 underloaded):

But, growth may will not be perfect (due to lack of load on top3)

Note: Overloading of top-manager are not recommended - reduce growth due to low eff. will be stronger than in case of low load.
Note: Easy way to maximize load on top1 - set the total number of staff to the values from this table, and then at each enterprise increases the qualification until total efficiency  starts falling
~~~

Bonuses from awards have influence to the growth?

Yes and noWell
For growth takes value of native top, but if the load exceeds its capacity, the bonuses help to avoid reducing the efficiency, and consequently - reducing the growth will not:

~~~

Which is better - a large subdivision, or lots of little ones?

For growth of top manager - no difference.

Example:
Qualifications of a top manager in the production = 7.

Situation 1: two units at 3500 workplaces (personnel qualification - 2)
Situation 2: 10 units at 700 workplaces (personnel qualification - 6,78)

In both cases, the load on top1 (for each unit) and top3 (the entire company) is the same.

In the former case, less salary costs and stress of the office. In the second case - have the opportunity to put more high tech, but the load on the office are much higher.
~~~

How additional factors affect the growth?

Only downward. Ie if your top1 and top3 not loaded, then additional factors will not be able to compensate for the low load.

Approximate calculation of growth is as follows:
1. Determine the base growth  (depending on workload top1 and top3)
2. If eff. unit is less 100%, then the base is reduced.
3. Multiplied by a coefficient of additional factors (eg, for managment and commerce can be reduced to 10 times) In best case coefficient = 1 (not reduces)
~~~

How do I know how perfect growing my skills?

Install this script (originally by test01; adapted for Chrome by Ixnad)
How to install user script
~~~

Special thanks to Mike1Well

Message list:  

13.06.2010, 14:39

Last time edited : 10.12.2015, 00:12

noglues5
Eleven years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Overall of the doctor of science Magical bonsai Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Wave company
m:
Wave company

Usefull info

~~~

~~~

~~~

Max expenses to advertising (depending by level of top-in-marketing)
(for 1 kind of goods per 1 office)

13.06.2010, 17:43

chris1221
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
chris1221
m:
Chris1221

+ 6, noglues5.  Thankyou very much for this GiftHeart 

13.06.2010, 20:39

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

most generous of you to share, noglues5 maybe i'll get some decent growth with your tips.  thanks again 

19.06.2010, 14:04

Last time edited : 7.07.2010, 20:15

noglues5
l:
Wave company
m:
Wave company

Q10 in management for 26 days (to win points in CM):

dayscurrent top
qualification
top growthdescription
111,0004 offices (2 workers with qualification 1.00)
2-320,6742 offices (8 w./ q. 1.00) + 1 office (4 w./ q. 3.06)
4-530,5352 offices (18 w./ q. 1.00)
6-840,4542 offices (28 w./q. 1.40)
9-1150,4002 offices (40 w./q. 1.66)
12-1460,3602 offices (54 w./q. 1.85)
15-1870,3302 offices (70 w./q. 2.00)
19-2280,3062 offices (88 w./q. 2.11)
23-2690,2862 offices (108 w./q. 2.21)

Don't forget to pay enough taxes
Well 

3.07.2010, 21:47

SciencePark
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hi everyone, it seems that the table on maximum numbers of employees per level might be not exact, or need some changes if there are additional management efficiency add-ons being received. I have Management Q3 now, and have 100% planned efficiency for my three offices, with total number of 43 employees, each office with Q1 (employee numbers per office: 34, 5, 4).

Just wanted to warn that you should not follow the tables blindly, but test yourself! Well. And also the office efficiency is distributed not lineary - I had 100% in my major office, but percentages in 80s in other two - so you probably should check each office for planned efficieny if you change something in one of them. However this could also be due to my status as new player having a hired management with manager efficiency +100%, but then it's a question how all this is calculated.

Or otherwise I don't get something regarding those Top1, Top2 and Top3 boundaries. 

7.07.2010, 20:22

noglues5
l:
Wave company
m:
Wave company

SciencePark: your top3 (Q3) in managment is overloaded (max - 36, now - 43), but:
office_34 - top1 also overloaded, but you are have an innovation +100% to top efficiency
office_5 and office_4 - top1 not fully utilized, so top efficiency not falls catastrophically. 

9.07.2010, 17:23

Last time edited : 9.07.2010, 17:26

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Hey noglues, what an awesome piece of information! Thanks!

If I understand you right,

TOP1 = How much Top Manager qualification needed to manage the current settings (current staff number and qualification)
TOP2 = How much Top Manager qualification needed to manage the required settings (required staff number and qualification)

So in this picture, top1 is determined by 40 staff at Q6.93, top2 is determined by 22 staff at Q4.17 right?

This is a bit different to VLLord's definition? Or Am I reading it wrong all along? V said only staff # determines top2, and there is no mention that top2 = required settings:

VLLord

Required qualification to manage subdivision includes 3 types of required qualification.
1-st type: (top1) required qualification for current subdivision settings. Depends on employees qualification and their quantity at current subdivision.
2-nd type: (top2) required qualification for number of employees at current subdivision. Depends only on number of employees (current or required? - Ixnad) at current subdivision.

A clarification would be appreciated!Well 

9.07.2010, 19:46

Last time edited : 9.07.2010, 19:58

noglues5
l:
Wave company
m:
Wave company

Ixnad
If I understand you right,

TOP1 = How much Top Manager qualification needed to manage the current settings (current staff number and qualification)
TOP2 = How much Top Manager qualification needed to manage the required settings (required staff number and qualification)

So in this picture, top1 is determined by 40 staff at Q6.93, top2 is determined by 22 staff at Q4.17 right?
ExactlyYes
Top2 - it's only just background information. It was shown to help players during the transition to a new system of qualification
The most helpful it was in office - it was immediately clear which of them are too loaded by subdivisions (in the old system of qualification offices have worked quite differently)

Ixnad
This is a bit different to VLLord's definition? Or Am I reading it wrong all along? V said only staff # determines top2, and there is no mention that top2 = required settings:

VLLord

Required qualification to manage subdivision includes 3 types of required qualification.
1-st type: (top1) required qualification for current subdivision settings. Depends on employees qualification and their quantity at current subdivision.
2-nd type: (top2) required qualification for number of employees at current subdivision. Depends only on number of employees (current or required? - Ixnad) at current subdivision.
I think VLLord made the wrong conclusions because an update information about future eff. is delayed. Ie his chart for top1 in the case of proper collection of information should look not so:

but so:

9.07.2010, 20:20

Last time edited : 9.07.2010, 20:24

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

noglues5

ExactlyYes
Top2 - it's only just background information. It was shown to help players during the transition to a new system of qualification
The most helpful it was in office - it was immediately clear which of them are too loaded by subdivisions (in the old system of qualification offices have worked quite differently)

Hmm interesting. Thanks a bunch! Very we!

So we can pretty much forget about top2 now and focus on top1 right? Since if you overload your top2, your efficiency will be <100% whether you have required full settings or understaffed settings...

noglues5

I think VLLord made the wrong conclusions because an update information about future eff. is delayed. Ie his chart for top1 in the case of proper collection of information should look not so:

Are the red numbers the only data that needs to be fixed?

Also I always wanted to ask: Are these kind of data collected by hand or is there an empirical formula for it? (If so I'd love to see the formula ;) 

1.11.2010, 11:01

Last time edited : 1.11.2010, 11:01

erevion
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

noglues5
Q10 in management for 26 days (to win points in CM):

dayscurrent top
qualification
top growthdescription
111,0004 offices (2 workers with qualification 1.00)
2-320,6742 offices (8 w./ q. 1.00) + 1 office (4 w./ q. 3.06)
4-530,5352 offices (18 w./ q. 1.00)
6-840,4542 offices (28 w./q. 1.40)
9-1150,4002 offices (40 w./q. 1.66)
12-1460,3602 offices (54 w./q. 1.85)
15-1870,3302 offices (70 w./q. 2.00)
19-2280,3062 offices (88 w./q. 2.11)
23-2690,2862 offices (108 w./q. 2.21)

Don't forget to pay enough taxes
Well

noglues5, may I know how did you come up with this table? Reason I asked is because the number of offices / qualifications that I have is different from your tables and I would like to know how to alter accordingly. For example, I am now into Management Q2, but I have 4 offices with different staffing layout (due to some with advertisements for my retail stores).

Also, to re-confirm.. to maximise growth, I must not only achieve 100% working efficiency, but also maximise them right? For example, to increase qualification of my staff to as much as possible as long as working efficiency is still 100%.

Thank you for your time Well 

1.11.2010, 12:38

Last time edited : 1.11.2010, 12:40

Mike1
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

There are many different combinations, it might just be more "work" to keep things up. Take more time to understand Top1 and Top3, then you will know how to do it.  if it says (18 w./ q. 1.00) it means you don't de- or exceed 18 workers in total in your company. the 18 workers stand for the Top 3. Figure out Top 1 settings (for each subdivision individually, according to the amount of workers in the respective subdivision) by increasing your staff qualification in small steps until the green "minimum safety factor" disapears...ideally your qualification is set to exactly this "breaking" point less maybe 0.02 - 0.04 for safety (setting all subdivisions to exactly the breaking point may result into 99.98 efficiency after the update). Together with fullfilling the 18 workers, this is the way to "maximize".

In any case, take care that the office can cope with the tech, quantity of workers in and summary of managed subdivisions. Thus, after fixing your office always click the "work efficiency" link to double-check (remember once you clicked/opened it .. data displayed there will take 15 minutes to be updated again).

Whenever your qualification grows you need to add workers and increase their qualification according to the above if you want to keep the q-growth at maximum.

extra-Tip 1: increase your computer quality as well according to the qualification of your workers, it will reduce the amount of workers effectively needed in a certain office.

extra-Tip 2:  opposed to real-life, even if your office doesn't control any subdivisions it will still work 100% efficient. In fact, you may want to have such an office somewhere just to use up the maximum growth potential... its very easy to dismiss some workers there if you need some in another office. 

2.11.2010, 19:46

erevion
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Thanks Mike for the tips! I'll try with minimal safety factor + employee training and see how this works out. 

11.11.2010, 17:52

erevion

Hi again.

commerce's growth is additionally evaluated by profit (paid taxes) of stores.

Does this include custom duties/taxes? 

11.11.2010, 20:00

Last time edited : 11.11.2010, 20:02

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

For commerce:

Taxable Profit = Revenue - ALL Expenses(including custom taxes)

It means, that you don't pay taxes from customs. So the answer is "No".

For management:

Custom taxes are included in the TOTAL company's taxes. So the answer is "Yes". 

19.01.2011, 20:38

Quaestor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hi, everyone!
Noglues5, VLLord, thanks for the info, it's very comprehensive and useful!
I have but one question.

Basic qualification growth of the given type (management, commerce, etc.) depends on the top1 and top3 values for the set of player's enterprises of the corresponding type. For all types, except for marketing, correspondence is clear.
But what are top1 &amp; top3 for marketing? Are they evaluated based on offices (offices workers amount &amp; qual.), or offices+stores, or what else?
Or, maybe the volume of advertising (total? / by subdivisions?) is basic, not additional factor?
I've achieved 100% marketing skill growth (from 1 to 2, have +2 from supermanager) in last turn, with total advertising volume less then $200K from VLLord's table (12K+24K+24K in 3 offices for product branding, 6K+12K+12K for 3 stores advertising, $90K total). 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Qualification growth. How it works