Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> i can't find any suppliers

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 29.04.2010, 09:43

totty86steaua
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Dream Team Constanta International

i can't find any suppliers for my store with available products to sell , i have 10 products and i can find suppliers for only 2 products . what can i do to sell again ? and another question , my store reputation is not growing at all , why ?   

• Page:
Message list:  

29.04.2010, 14:04

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

To have store reputation growing you need to do advertising on the Marketing tab.

Not all products are available for public sale. You have to either produce them yourself (I do not suggest that for a small company) or sell other goods. 

29.04.2010, 15:33

cygnus
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania

Market is empty and everyone short of goods. You opened two stores and have no any plants or farms. The best way for you is restarting and start with some plant. Than open small 500m2 store in some rich site and sell your poor production there. I am sure, during 2-3 weeks you will be able to have some money to open more plants and supply more goods for your store and as soon as you will enough money add advertising.

It is important to make some easy quests - they add money and qualification. 

29.04.2010, 18:04

Last time edited : 29.04.2010, 18:07

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

cygnus
Market is empty and everyone short of goods. You opened two stores and have no any plants or farms. The best way for you is restarting and start with some plant. Than open small 500m2 store in some rich site and sell your poor production there. I am sure, during 2-3 weeks you will be able to have some money to open more plants and supply more goods for your store and as soon as you will enough money add advertising.

It is important to make some easy quests - they add money and qualification.
Good answer So-so

+++ it is just open market, and model of competition. Demand and supply.
If even green companies can't find goods for retail, then where you think i must find enought goods for my retail network?
Constantly need millions pcs. of food, grocery, clothes, jewelry, electronics..

There is time for producers now, their apogey.
Maybe some time later we, retailers, with be on the horse.

And a little bit more words: green company have a choise - to continue retailing or just to restart. But black companies hasn't (if they don't want to loose all and again be green Well))) 

29.04.2010, 21:08

Last time edited : 29.04.2010, 21:12

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Try to sell food in your stores. You'll easier find supplier for food than for other goods.

Or see link belowSo-so 
      Electronics syndicate on Mary. Make your business successful with us!        

30.04.2010, 01:16

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Maybe one problem everyone does retail and not manufacturing is, that there is a sophisticated retail ranking, but practically none for manufacturing. Well, you can go to Game world >> Production, but do the news guys really know or care about this page? When you're retail leader in a country you get a nice flag, why not when you're a production leader?

I think this little "extra" would motivate a lot more people to go into production. And I second VLLord recommendation, check out the Electronics syndicate. I am for example a manufacturer-only on this syndicate, because I am too busy managing my food and grocery retail already so I am sure there is supply for someone Well 

6.05.2010, 17:28

casperbons
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

This is the problem for all starters ! Research is the most important job when starting ( Game World > Reports )
Here you can see which part of the world is selling for the highest retail prices. After that check in one store ( assume you got one already ) if you can get a steady supply of it. Like VLLord said food is the easiest.
Don't get to many departement at start because that will result in the need of bigger stores and higher costs.

Research one range of goods from one department.
Research the best place to sell.
Produce your own goods as soon as possible.
Don't expand to quickly ensure only your own supply at the beginning ( you can sell your left over good to other companies) 

13.05.2010, 05:09

austenbosten
Three years with Virtonomics

Well I'm ticked off...I just expanded my factory, and there is a ridiculous shortage of plastics. Even the production of plastics has been drastically cut, many suppliers are barely producing +1000/wk. I hope I have enough cash reserves and steady supply of income from my stores to keep my head above water until this mass commodities crunch is over. If anyone is interested in getting into Plastics....NOW IS THE TIME! 

15.05.2010, 12:46

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

research, as mentioned, is very useful.  producing for your own stores is very sound advice - but as austenbosten found, there may then be a supply problem for the factory.

to find if there are supplies for the factory you want to build/buy, you can open a warehouse and use the supply tab to check for available supplies before building your factory.  if you already have a factory, think about increasing your supplies before the expansion for the less available supplies.

when i started, there was a very sad lack of supplies, so i started to produce for my own needs.  9 months later, i still have supplies problem and am not producing enough for my own needs as pectopatop mentioned.  that is why most of my goods are not available to the public, and i think why the big companies don't always sell to the public either.  

slow production Q growth means i can't just expand/build factories when my stores sell all my goods 

15.05.2010, 22:11

ChrisBerlin82

you can open a warehouse and use the supply tab to check for available supplies before building your factory

There is no need for this. Just go to: http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/globalreport/marketing/by_products ... and you see what is available for which prices at which quality Well 

16.05.2010, 22:29

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I dont think its a retailing problem, rather its a very serious game balance problem.

As far as I see, the vast majority of black players manufacture at their maximum, because the manufacturing Q limits are way-way lower than the retailing limit. Meaning for example that at Q 20 commerce you can utilize a given amount of shops, but to fill up those shops with goods, you need as much goods as a Production Q60-70-80 user can produce.

And if you are growing your Qs organically - meaning that you advance in each Q field roughly the same rate - then you will be constantly and chronically short on supply - like 90%.
If you have good shops set up, you can easily sell 5-10 times more goods than you can produce.
So at server level there will be always serious goods shortage, simply because on the aggregate people can retail way more than produce.
Thats why a lot of black players look for VIRTs to improve their Production Q, because Production Q is by far the biggest constrain.

For example I have 30 Commerce, 47 Production, and I have usually two goods in a given shop, sometimes only one - because simply I cant produce more.
One or two type of goods - e.g. sports food and wine - NOT department, and still, my commerce is not growing optimally 

17.05.2010, 09:53

Last time edited : 17.05.2010, 10:07

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Yes, Deira, totally agree with you.
But admins don't see it... Not so
Players wrote it them.
And one developer (jobond) said "i don't think that we need to give more power for production skill, because currently i'm playing under 2 accounts in production and my profits are very high"

Dear developers, profits in production sector are high, because there is near no competition on wholesale market at all!
Because nearly all goods, which you are producing, buyers buys for ~any price!!!
I'm seriously can say (as a big retailer): virta is very close to situation without wholesale market at all, our wholesale market is near empty.

There is UNDERPRODUCTION on all realms, totally underproduction

Deira
Meaning for example that at Q 20 commerce you can utilize a given amount of shops, but to fill up those shops with goods, you need as much goods as a Production Q60-70-80 user can produce.
Try to imagine what disbalanse i have (with retail skill 42 and production 30), and, dear admins, what shell i do? 

17.05.2010, 11:07

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

There is a massive problem with underproduction, a lot of goods have very little in terms of production on the open market, most of my factories are suppling my own stores, and it still isn't enough. The fact that production skill builds extremely slowly is another problem. Without more production, it will hinder new players in their ability to grow. 

17.05.2010, 11:52

swift_c
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
m:
swift_c

ChrisBerlin82
you can open a warehouse and use the supply tab to check for available supplies before building your factory

There is no need for this. Just go to: http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/globalreport/marketing/by_products ... and you see what is available for which prices at which quality Well

The reports page shows what is produced, but will not tell me if there are supplies available for me to order. 

17.05.2010, 13:10

ChrisBerlin82

@swift_c just click the subdivison and you see what is available.

I couldn't agree more Deira!! My commerce qualification is 20 and my production qualification is 57 and I can't even closely produce as many goods as I could sell in my existing shops and my existing shops would actually just require a commerce qualification of about 14. I think even when I had production qualification 99 (which is the max on this realm without bonuses) I couldn't build enough factories to fill my stores, so Deira is absolutely right when he says manufacturing and retailing is grossly misbalanced. 

19.05.2010, 11:44

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

If production and commerce qualifications were matched (ie, production quali 20 will produce enough to keep commerce quali 20 fully supplied) then the game might as well be single player. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> i can't find any suppliers

• Page: