Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Please, help Virtonomics

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 28.12.2009, 20:10

Last time edited : 21.07.2010, 18:08

MEN
Four years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
Fifteen years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
MEN Ltd.
n:
Men S. V. Ltd.
m:
MEN Ltd.

Dear players! We really need your help. Many of you regularly use Wikipedia, reads or edits Wikipedia articles. We will be very grateful if you leave a reference to the game Virtonomics, in the articles of Wikipedia, where appropriate. This is help us to improve PageRank and to draw the game many players to make the game more interesting and dynamic.

Also we are looking for among our players with permanent staff who have helped us in promoting the game Virtonomics among English-speaking and French-speaking and Chinese-language audience. We need your help for the development of groups in social networks, development of the themes in the forums and blogs, gaming sites and catalogs.
If you are ready to cooperate with us, please drop me a private message

Sincerely, Virtonomics Team

• Page:
Message list:  

29.12.2009, 15:26

eVVe

I will try to bring in some friends..... But so far... most of them feel its hard to play and difficult to understand  

Atleast i don't
Maybe they do not have the right knowledge in doing business or I should say, this game is only mean for those people that really like to do business

Perhaps virtonomics should try to advertise or maybe tie up with those biz related higher learning institute. Use term like, study biz would be so fun when you have a simulator like virtonomics.... so on like that.

No offence, just some comment. 

29.12.2009, 18:59

MEN
Fifteen years with Virtonomics
l:
MEN Ltd.
n:
Men S. V. Ltd.
m:
MEN Ltd.

Thank you, eVVe!

Help promote Virtonomics. Vote for our game!

http://www.worldonlinegames.com/game/business/1410/virtonomics.aspx ...  

2.01.2010, 20:49

Zale
Eight years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics
l:
Zale International
m:
Zale Limited

Voted Well 

2.01.2010, 22:15

eVVe

Done ! need more vote ? 

3.01.2010, 00:51

funkydude
Nine years with Virtonomics
Thirteen years With Virtonomics

We are 2nd...We need 56 votes 

3.01.2010, 01:18

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

i'm voting every day...hope we'll be first Well 

3.01.2010, 03:11

eVVe

Its getting better now Well unlike the first time just a few vote Well
Keep up Yes 

21.01.2010, 13:52

neilwinn

aah..the game seriously needs a better interface..its still too hard for beginners to understand the dynamics of this game..but still this is a good bussines simulation.. and we should use the qoute "earn money" to advertise this 
This Page is Blank

15.02.2010, 17:12

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

I think the game misses a newbie start guide as all online games have. something like "what to do in the first five days".

i'm a <5 days newbie so i can't write it but the game would win with this Well 

7.04.2010, 09:56

xenrolf

secured.

yeah, I got a hard start back then so I simply restarted the whole game.
that's before introduction of big green question mark.

several simple tooltips should be handy, the existing ones are quite good but not 'directive' enough.

some people might be spooked by technicality of the game, unlike most tycoon PC games where you just build and profit.
fancier interface can help, but leave the details (financial reports,etc) as it is. 

22.04.2010, 10:38

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

Honorchamp
EXPLAIN THEN Turkbostjan and mods and devs, WHY THE HELL ISNT IT WORKING, AND WHERE THE HELL ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS!!?!?

Dear honorcamp, I wrote you in some other threads. You have to many stores for your qualification level in Commerce. Also you have to many subdivisions for your level of Management, that's why your efficiency of office is so low.

and for the end you have FAQ forum where you have all written.

And this is the last time I'm telling you this before you will be blocked. Sorry, but I think you should have more patience and respect. We all were beginners but we were never disrespectfull like you.

So if you find game to complicated for you, please stop playing. You will make favor to you and to us.

regards 

22.04.2010, 22:03

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Honorchamp your attitude is

Honorchamp
TOTALLY BROKEN IT IS. and unworthy to be online in this state, and how it should be shut down and fixed then put back online rather than tormenting players.

23.04.2010, 12:24.     Subject: Bad Format Causing hundreds of thousands of players to quit or not play.

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Okay, I did get a bit hotheaded there. I will re-try in my usual cool headed self.

All over the forums you see complaints and mentions of the broken system with the efficiency of the office, the massively overblown penalties you get hit with if its not at 100% which are totally unrealistic, how hard this game is to play for beginners coming in, and the total lack of instructions or information of any kind about the efficiency situation and what I have mentioned.

It should be the bare bones basics, to inform players, Especially new ones, of the limitations of the Top manager. Most new players will quit this game because it is way too hard to figure out, and has very slow gameplay, with many unrealistic bombs and bugs still. I really hope the devs can work these out and make this game better for all and build this community. This game should have 30+million players by now, in the 3 years it has been on, at least that of Evony which has nothing on this game if the devs would take advantage of the basics of gaming success.

New players starting must be given at least the most basic information needed to play the game. Without this, they are stuck and can not do anything, left frustrated and quitting, due to the lack of information, not because it is a bad game. They quit, and we all lose due to the devs current situation of "let 90% of players coming here quit if they cant figure out this hard system"

On maybe 30% of the forums I have read, there is someone complaining about how hard this game is, for everyone who complains, there are 50 to 100 who just quit and say nothing. We are all losing due to this.

This information MUST include:
1. Maximum # of office and total company employees your Office Manager can handle for each qual level.
2. There Must be a warning to new players to not build ANY new subdivisions until their Office manager hits qual level two or their whole company will die and bankrupt for sure because of the broken office efficiency system where for some reason every last employee completely stops working if the Office manager is not running at 100% efficiency. All sales stop, and expenses skyrocket to the millions or billions in warehouses, even if empty.
3. Maximum number of subdivisions the Office manager can have for each qual level.
4. Exactly how the relationship works between qual level of employees and Office manager. If you are started in a city with level 2.5 qual employees required, and your office manager is only qual 1, will he be able to operate at 100% efficiency or not? I mean this is crucial and MUST be pointed out completely to players or they just cant operate and must move from the city they are started in.
5. It needs to be pointed out that you have to wait one day for stock to come in, then you can sell it after that day. Yes this is on the wikipedia, but without doing MAJOR research on how this game works, it is simply impossible to play unless you fluke out and dont build anything early, and dont get really angry like I did when you hit one bad programming blunder after another, ruining your business day after day, all completely unrealistic and unlike any other game has. People are quitting in droves due to this, and it is the main reason people quit, and it is the #1 complaint on the forums. Too Hard, too hard to start, not enough information, etc.
6. The devs responded to my email with an attitude of "why change it, if we explain anything at all to players, why would they even play the game, it would play itself then" They seem to be missing the fact that this game has so much depth and will have even more the more players come on, that giving people the basics they need just to survive their unrealistic office bomb programming would greatly increase the game play of all, especially new people, and keep them playing, and grow this community. This attitude must change if this game wants to succeed.

I hope these changes can be made asap for the benefit of all players, many products are not even being produced on this server because so few play the game. It is sad, I love this kind of game.

Also, at the very least, the devs should outline these items with the office efficiency. There are so many other htings to figure out and do in this game, sharing how the office manager works will not at all in any way put the game on auto pilot for anyone. There are stores to build, products to buy, advertising to tinker with, products to research and everything has to be constantly tweaked and maintained. We still have massive room to play with the number of employees we use and how much we pay them to get technology and quality increases to so on and so on, this game is endless, sharing a tiny bit of information will not hurt us, it will help.

Happy growing to all, and sorry I blew my top a little bit, the problems in this game are a little bit rude to people. Imagine how many have been upset by it and have not written and just been turned off by the game, what a loss.
cheers. 

23.04.2010, 12:31.     Subject: Additional.

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

The mods have also banned me from the ability to ask questions(post new thread questions) on the forum due to my angry post about the very unpopular office efficiency problem, so I will have to ask all my questions here until they remove this ban. 

25.04.2010, 16:48

Last time edited : 25.04.2010, 16:49

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

@Honorchamp

Maybe you should go to the wiki and read these pages I edited/created...

http://wiki.virtonomics.com/index.php/Qulification_requirements ...
http://wiki.virtonomics.com/index.php/Principles:Qualification_and_Control ...  

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Please, help Virtonomics

• Page: