Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Mary -> The Nigeria Development Program

Announce your offers, look for new business partners in our business simulation game

Topic:

Topic created : 26.02.2014, 02:52

Last time edited : 26.02.2014, 06:36

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

Hi

We have discounted foodstuff, to help develop the nigerian retail markets. This is a good opportunity for new players to get cheap supplies for markets with low quality requirements.

Discounted products for Nigeria:
*Alcohol
*Ice-cream
*Pasta
*Sausage
*Soft drink

Link to discounted foodstuff: http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/3600347

We are always looking for more players to help:
*Stores and restaurants: more companies are needed for this
*Production: low priced products, branded for Nigeria, would be very much appreciated

For discussion on the development program:
http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/48/topic/104129/view

Reply to this post if you have questions on how to participate. Stores and restaurants in Nigeria will get priority at the warehouse, so feel free to add your order even if it appears sold out.

Mo   

• Page:
Message list:  

11.04.2014, 18:33

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

I've joined the NDP and I'm having a blast working on it.  

Mo is great at explaining goals, helping everyone out and he has great enthusiasm for the project!

G
Ridiculously 

22.04.2014, 02:14

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

Thanks, G! Well

SUPPORT FOR MILLS AND ANIMAL FARMS

For mills and animal farms in Nigeria, we offer:
*quality 1 grain for 0.24$
*low priced tech licenses

The grain is only offered to "certain companies", but send me a message and I will add your company to the list. 

7.09.2014, 02:36

Cwalen
Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

There are even more materials available than listed above, just drop one of us a line if you need anything else. 

10.09.2014, 23:06

coopar24
Two years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
n:
XR Industries

Hi.. I was inspired by your guy's effort and have thus opened my first store in Nigeria Very we! 

18.09.2014, 20:55

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

coopar24
Hi.. I was inspired by your guy's effort and have thus opened my first store in Nigeria  

Nice!  

If you want help, post your plan here or go to Community>company ratings>corporations and click on Nigerian Allied International and you can PM as well.  The group might have items your store needs at good price. 

22.11.2014, 17:56

G_Money33
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

Unemployment just went way up in some Nigerian cities, not sure why... 

28.11.2014, 01:53

mort100
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

G_Money33
Unemployment just went way up in some Nigerian cities, not sure why...

Benin City and Port Harcourt need mayors to improve:

8.12.2014, 05:13.     Subject: Restaurants and stores.

AD_Roy
Eight years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health

Hi, I am Roy and my company is mainly a medical services oriented company, specialized in Diagonostic centres. I also have a store but I was forced to freeze it temporarily. To be brutally honest I generally sucked at managing stores, now as you possibly know I am a free player, so I am forced to develop slowly, second I had my eyes on creating a restaurant for quite a time now, but I am shit scared regarding price range I like to experiment and most of these experiments fail resulting in loss and I mean MAJOR loss in fixed capital investment. Now I have two questions should I unfreeze my store? And Is it a good time to start investing on a new restaurant service sector and in which city?

Cheers and Regards,
Roy(Ambrosia. Inc.). 

10.12.2014, 19:48

mort100
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

Looks like your store can be improved if you:
- get rid of the innovation (motor-car sales center)
- increase the store size
- get rid of some product categories (use 100'000 square meters if you want 5 departments)
- increase the marketing budget

I don't have much experience with restaurants, but I assume they are easiest to make profitable in wealthy cities. Have you looked at Mexico city? It's booming there for retail products, so maybe restaurants are good earners too. 

16.12.2014, 14:33.     Subject: New company 30 +- game weeks old.

ragetrade
Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
ZamZam

Hello guys, i just started. And i am (becoming) a wholesaler. Is it possible to start investing in Nigeria for this purpose?

Furthermore, i hope i am not bothering but. I can not create my own thread for certain questions i have. Either im blind? Or cannot find the button lol.

Ohh yeah, i was nr 1 for 30 day contest manager, and when i issued bonds. My rank dropped all the way down :/, is there a way to recover from this within a couple of turns? 

16.12.2014, 21:39

mort100
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

Nigeria is the best production location due to no customs (except for the oil duty and aircraft) and the lowest electricity tariffs in the game.

The button is on the top-right when you have entered a forum section, but it's only there when you're logged in. 

18.12.2014, 18:55.     Subject: Marketing budget.

AD_Roy
Eight years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health

Hi again Mort,
Since my establishments are here I might as well be an arse here than anywhere else. Saying that I have questions again, by increase of market budget, do you mean advirtisements ? The store location is also another thing right ? The suburbs, or the city centre ? What advirtisement campaign should I follow and will it bring me the necessary customers ? I know money is made by money itself but can you give me an approximate amount of how much good I should order in my store for a recommended advirtisement campaign, for a product say meat ?  Or sugar ? The pricing is easy for me but its always the stocks that I don't get.

Regards,
Roy.(A useless company) 

18.12.2014, 22:19

mort100
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

Yes, I mean advertisement for your store. I guess city center is usually better than suburbs. Suburbs are usually just useful when the competition in the city is really tough. TV advertisement is usually best. Write the amount you want to spend in the white field (the minimum amount come up as default). Yes, more advertisement bring more customers.

How much product you need for a certain amount of advertisement depend on the market you're in. Use the city retail reports to do market research:
http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/globalreport/marketing/by_trade_at_cities ...  

19.12.2014, 18:33

G_Money33
l:
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

don't over advertise however or the volume of customers will overwhelm your store service level 

7.01.2015, 00:05

jojo.bacon
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics

I'm interested in joining the NDP, I have a large amount of production in Guinea so transport is not an issue. I'm going to be expanding my production and retail operations into Nigeria. Is it required to join the corporation? I am already a member of a corporation and I'm not sure I want to leave it. 

List of forums -> Mary-> The Nigeria Development Program

• Page: