Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Second month, what now?!?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 24.03.2016, 23:24

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

So you’ve made it through month 1!  Probably ran into efficiency (and thus qualification) problems, had to figure out basic game mechanics, finally got a small profitable enterprise going.  You did all this by figuring it out yourself, having help from a vet or asking question on the forum.

Now, it’s month 2.  Where do you go from here?

I’ve been asked that many times so I thought I’d share my thoughts on the forum.  This is just my opinion so it’s not definitive.  Hopefully other vets will share some thoughts as well.

Goals in order of priority:
1 win contests available at start of game
2 grow qualification
3 grow income

That is very high level.

Regarding 1, win contests, I put this first because some contests are only available to new players and if you don’t go after them early you won’t be able to try later.  Some of the contest pay off handsomely with virts and paid resources.  I personally have no expertise in this area and it’s ok not to participate in the contests if you don’t want to.  I simply list them first because many people like them, they have great pay-outs and as noted some of them are only available at the start.  That’s all I’m really going to say about them, if you need more info or help, open a thread on the forum and ask.

So, your company is stable and you did (or maybe did not) win beginning contests.  The game is wide open to you, what to do?

You would think the answer is to make as much money as you can!  And ultimately, that is the point of the game.  But the game within the game is qualification growth.  Without qualification growth, you will have trouble making money.

My main advice is: change your mindset from how to make money…. to how to increase qualification.

You do need to make enough money to not go bankrupt.  If you increase qualification aggressively you can actually lose money doing it, but that’s ok as long as in total you have profit.  For example, you can open 5 offices to max management qualification growth when you only need 2.

In order to make enough money to stay profitable while focusing on qualification growth, I recommend retailing goods that others produce.  In order to do that, you need to know how to do market research.

Regarding qualification growth, there is a pinned thread called Qualification growth. How it works that can be found under Questions and Answers on the forum.  Also, there is the Xio script which everyone uses instead of looking at qualification tables (see pinned Scripting Ideas! thread under Questions and Answers).

Lastly, here are my thoughts on which qualifications you should worry about:

Qualification
Comments
management
important, grow this qualification to keep ahead of growth in operations
agriculture
very hard to grow, need paid resources
commerce
will grow naturally with retail and later in game becomes less important
fishing
auto repair
increase this qualification with non-paid resources
livestock
marketing
will grow naturally with advertising
medicine
mining
power plants
do not enter this industry unless you are bored, not good
production
Primary!, grow this qualification full speed forever
restaurant
science
will grow naturally with research, becomes less important if you can negotiate tech purchases
service
do not enter this industry unless you are bored, not good

Focus on production.  To make big money, you need this to be as high as possible.  Early in the game you need to grow management qualification or it will get in your way.  Any qualification that requires paid resources (agriculture, fishing, mining) will be very hard to increase qualification to a high level without buying the qualification outright, so I would not worry about those.  And researching your own tech can be important to help you save money on tech, so growing science qualification probably makes some sense.

This is obviously high level advice.  Hopefully it helps you formulate your game plan for early stage game play.

• Page:
Message list:  

25.03.2016, 03:20

Last time edited : 25.03.2016, 03:22

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Added link to this topic here: http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/104888/view ...

I think we really need a tutorial with screenshots on "Qualification and efficiency". So many same questions every day.
I might make one a bit later. 

27.03.2016, 22:14

TheSponge6
Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
The Sponge Inc.

Can you still earn game points later on after the initial contests? I'm reading that some don't want to spend money on the game and would rather earn it but I'm wondering how that may be done? I understand you can make a lot of money but what about things that require you to spend game points on to buy? 

28.03.2016, 02:52

Last time edited : 28.03.2016, 02:55

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

You have few ways to get those:

- Win contest of directors and contest of presidents. Can be hard to do but you'd get additional free points
- Play tenders. Sometimes you can win 1-3 virts per week but they are also hard to win.
- Check auctions. Players sell some point property there for virtual money from time to time
- Follow the events. Sometimes there are an event where players can get free / cheap property. Like
http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/11/topic/104968/view ...
- Try out mini games: broker yard and margin game. You can win few points there
- Regatta + selling planes can give you some points
- Buy point from stock exchange for Virtual money

And the last thing: Anna is totally different. In subscription realm there are no "point" property and you can buy everything for game money. 

28.03.2016, 03:25

TheSponge6
Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
The Sponge Inc.

Wow very cool! Thanks! 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Second month, what now?!?

• Page: