Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> How much electricity do factories use?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 15.05.2014, 20:22

Last time edited : 15.05.2014, 20:29

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

I checked a few factories and found that electric consumption varies dramatically depending on the type of factory and specialization. I know where to find the tariff rates where it lists cost per MWh but where can I find how how much electricity is used in each type of factory?

For example, my duralumn factory is much smaller than my yacht factory yet it uses over 30 times as much electricity:

Size 5 yacht factory, 16250 workers
Energy expenses / 7 414 MWh x 10.00$ 74 139.57$

Size 3 duralumin factory, 3000 workers
Energy expenses / 233 695 MWh x 50.00$ 11 684 755.62$

When I checked my factories earlier, I found that solar panels wouldn't save me any money. For example, purchasing solar panels in my yacht factory would cost $5M to install plus $50K a week for service but would only save $37K a week in electricity which means I would lose $13K a week in addition to the $5M cost of the solar panels.

If I had known earlier how much electricity duralumin factories used, I would have purchased solar panels in my duralumin factory a long time ago since they only cost $500K to install plus $10K a week for service to save almost $6M a week in electricity.   

• Page:
Message list:  

16.05.2014, 16:00

Last time edited : 16.05.2014, 16:08

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

The cost depends on the number of machines and the tech level. More machines, more consumition. Each extra tech level increases energy usage by an aditional 3%. Also, your yatch factory is in a region that charges $10 for MWh, while the second one is in a region that charges $50.

About the panels, they might save cash or not, depending on the price of the electricity and the consumed amount. However, they save expenses for the region. If you are a patriot, lend a hand to your land. XD

More info:
http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/11/topic/103407/view ...  

17.05.2014, 05:35

Last time edited : 17.05.2014, 05:40

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

My yacht factory has 65 000 equipment and uses 7 414 MWh. That's only 0.1 MWh per piece of equipment.
My duralumin factory has only 12 000 equipment but uses 233 695 MWh of electricity which is 19.5 MWh per piece of equipment. That's over 170 times as much electricity per piece of equipment. That's not the cost but the amount used. If I factor in the cost which is $50 versus $10, it costs 850 times as much to run per piece of equipment.

From the link:

the scheme "for work of 1 unit of equipment on plant of N-specialization - Y mW/h of the electric power is spent".

The specialization makes a huge difference. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> How much electricity do factories use?

• Page: