Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Buying virtunomics

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 6.11.2009, 23:06

Mindwerkz
Five years with Virtonomics

You think the owners would be interested in selling the code to this game?  I mean as it is its going to die compleatly in just around 6 months max and I rather enjoy it.  I know I would be interested in buying the code and running it if that were an option.   

• Page:
Message list:  

8.11.2009, 05:54

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

The developers have shown they can make the diificult, unpopular decisions to try and make the game viable so I'm pretty confident in the long term prospects for the game.

Most of the players that are left seem to really enjoy the game, so we may have the beginnings of a fan base. That combined with the future improvements to the game should see it live on. 

11.11.2009, 21:29

Joshuawhelan

I'm new to this game and spent real money on it already. I think it's unique and could do well with some better marketing. 

12.11.2009, 12:41

Streamyflipper

this game wil not live long without a free play option. I saw somany game quiting due this option.
I like this game but spending between 50 and 100 dollar a year make no sence.

I think mindwerkz is right. you can better buy this game than play Well 

12.11.2009, 12:50

Joshuawhelan

I've played a game with a subscription option server, where things are made easier for you, then it runs along free-play servers with the option to buy in-game money (which would be points in this case) and now that the free play servers came about,the game never has less than 2,000 logged on, and makes alot through players who want and advantage and buy virtual money. 

18.11.2009, 18:49

artem215

A more serious problem is that it is unlikely that new players will start playing this game when it is not free. The trial period is not sufficient. And even if it was longer, i personally would not even try to play this game as I would not want to create something that will be deleted in a couple of weeks unless I start paying. 

15.02.2010, 21:59

mrstickball
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

If/when I have money, I would GLADLY buy this game and make it much nicer if they would sell it.

Otherwise, I'd probably make a similar version of this game. I work at a video game company, and have been wanting a game like this for awhile. I think the game needs major changes, but it could be a huge game if built properly. 

23.02.2010, 01:01

zendertje
Four years with Virtonomics Bronze Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
zendertje Industries

mrstickball
If/when I have money, I would GLADLY buy this game and make it much nicer if they would sell it.

Otherwise, I'd probably make a similar version of this game. I work at a video game company, and have been wanting a game like this for awhile. I think the game needs major changes, but it could be a huge game if built properly.

Lol you just revived a 2 months old tread and since the game is free to play again there's no need for that ^^ 

1.05.2010, 15:49.     Subject: Try Freenances

rodrai

I agree, the games need to be free to play, all people do not want to spend money for some entertaiment. Im playing at Freenances.com, its some way like this, buy you can win real cash without paying anything, just if you are better than the other players. It consist in buy-sell of materials, buy shares, win reputation, and win cash, give it a try.

Bye and thanks. 

1.05.2010, 15:58

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Well, first of all they should higher someone improving the translations... it all looks like some online translator and that's not very professional. The game mechanics themselves are very well thought out and it's not easy to create such a realistic economic simulation. 

2.05.2010, 00:30

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

rodrai
I agree, the games need to be free to play, all people do not want to spend money for some entertaiment. Im playing at Freenances.com, its some way like this, buy you can win real cash without paying anything, just if you are better than the other players. It consist in buy-sell of materials, buy shares, win reputation, and win cash, give it a try.

Bye and thanks.
Funny. So game developers must give you free game, and also they must give you some money as prizes?
How do you think - are money growing on trees?
Or developers have enought money to work for free and to give presents for players?
Maybe i will open you a big secret (from grown-up's life), but: it is normal situation, when some person wants money for his work. Because this person need food, need house, need clothes, probably he has childrends, which also need many things..
Yeah, i understand, that when you live with parents, and when you a student/school-boy, you doesn't think about all this things, but it doesn't mean that our world is the same as you imagine. 

3.05.2010, 18:54.     Subject: I agree 50% ...

rodrai

So you are talking about Freenances, ChrisBerlin82 ? You say that the english translation is poor ? I dont think so, at least not so much. I see a lot of translations that are really ashaming, but not at this game. Give me an example, if you want, of what you consider its a really bad translation in this game.

pectopatop , in response to you, i have to say that in a good game that give cash prizes , you should play for free, while you are playing you will see if paying its fare enough for the game. I dont like to play a game that forces me to pay when a time passed. Im only saying that good games support themselves, becuase people want to pay when they feel the game offers entertaiment enough. It obviously that money in real world is needed by everyone, but these are games, entertaiment, and in this world, there are a lot of ways of getting entertaiment for free, that is the point.

Bye. 

6.05.2010, 22:43

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Please don't take this as offense rodrai as it is not meant this way, but it seems your English skills are not the best to say the least. To someone who is familiar with the English language some of the translations just "hurt" when reading them. Also there are a lot of inconsistencies in the translations, e.g. foodstuff and grocery are sometimes two different categories, sometimes one category that is just called foodstuff and sometimes it's just mixed up. About wrong translations just read the English suggestions thread Well 

2.07.2010, 04:53

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Yea there's a lot of potential and room for Virtonomics. What an amazing job the dev team has done so far. And we should have enough reason to believe there is a lot more to look forward to.

Having said that, some text improvement in English version is definitely welcomed and desired!Heart 

3.07.2010, 08:54

VladTechs
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

I agree with Chris. Even the places that are correct mey use some clarification.
For example I am struggling to understand the meanimg of some tenders. 
Be the change you want to see in the world

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Buying virtunomics

• Page: