Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> I hate customs and transportation..

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 30.08.2009, 01:37

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

Ugh Customs and Transportation expenses slowly kill me haha. 900k for customs?! 750k for transportaion?!?!  DAMN...   

• Page:
Message list:  

30.08.2009, 03:43

KiGGi
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
KiGGi International

well, this is a game where its based on real life.

there IS a transport and customs fee in real life, so to make this more realistic, they have it here aswell.

and trust me, we all hate it, but thats life, its not gonnna kill ya Well 

30.08.2009, 23:03.     Subject: Anti-customs example

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

It is possible to create anti-customs wholesale...
For example - meat in France:
1. First way: you can buy meat to ur shop in France from some farm from Gao, for example, for 50$ . In this case customs will be 50*0,3=15$ . That is all.
2. Other way: you can buy meat in Gao for, for example, 50$ . Move it to ur warehouse in Gao, and sell it to other ur warehouse (in France) for 0.01$ (in this case customs will be 5$*0,3=1,5$ , calculate urself). Next - ur France warehouse sell meat for 50$ (taxes in warehouse ~(50-1,5-delivery)*0,22=~10). Total taxes+customs=~10+1,5=11,5$

What way will you prefer? 

30.08.2009, 23:41

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

the second way sounds interesting...I never thought about that but i have to now...I pay 5 millions for customs and transportation 

31.08.2009, 00:28

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
l:
KKompany

Also - in this post - schema, which also can be used in anti-customs variant 

31.08.2009, 00:40

Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion

if I buy product from other company for 500 in to my warehouse and then sell it forward to warehouse in other country for 1$ and then to my shop to avoid high customs...is this legal or is it ilegal? what do you think? 

31.08.2009, 03:37

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

I think it's legal. Its just a smart move. I don't think there's a law against it lol.Very we! 

31.08.2009, 03:54

KiGGi
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
KiGGi International

also, something to take that hassle of moving between warehouses is, if u want to build a farm to make goods for ur stores, make one next to ur store (as in in the same region) then avoid the additional fees. one thing tho, if it requires many employees, exp. factories, then dont do this as salary will be higher then customs and transport fees 

31.08.2009, 07:42

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

turkbostjan
if I buy product from other company for 500 in to my warehouse and then sell it forward to warehouse in other country for 1$ and then to my shop to avoid high customs...is this legal or is it ilegal? what do you think?

There is nothing wrong with that, you may find a lot of players already use this system.
The only drawback I see to doing it this way is that you pay taxes at each sale. So if you are selling it to yourself 2 or 3 times you need to make sure the tax you pay is less then the savings you make for customs.

Another thing to remember is that products have an indicative price. This basically assigns a minimum cost to each product.

Customs payment is based on the higher of the two values (indicative price or actual price).
Eg. Computers indicative price is $600.
If you buy computers from yourself at $10, you will pay customs based on the indicative price of $600.
If you buy computers from someone else at $1000, you will pay customs based on the actual price of $1000. 

31.08.2009, 12:15

pectopatop
l:
KKompany

Fractal, yes, i agree with you, and that was why in case with meat in France and warehouses total customs+taxes = 11,5 $
Plus additional costs of deliveries between warehouses (less than 0.5$ ), plus warehouses' rent..
Just try to build these warehouses and calculate youself. Profit will be, but small. 

1.09.2009, 05:23

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

Hmm. thanks for the feedback. really learned alot! 

1.09.2009, 13:30

I'm organizing my supply chain right now Well hope it will save some money Well 

27.10.2009, 04:20

kavidyan
Silver Finnish Lion MBA diploma

Thanks for all the tricks. I will certainly try this as i'm growing bigger. Very we! 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> I hate customs and transportation..

• Page: