Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Water on Mars!

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 30.09.2015, 17:39

Ksenija_
Two years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
l:
Ksenija_ Limited

They found water on Mars. Is there a chance ir will be possible to live there one day? Thoughts?   

• Page:
Message list:  

1.10.2015, 00:31

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

I think water has never been the ultimate obstacle for colonizing Mars, but knowing there are running streams of water, other than ice reservoirs deep inside the surface, is indeed good news. If some day there will be human there, at least they won't have to mine for water.

I also have to admit colonizing Mars is not my main concern in this discovery. I am really longing to hear the findings about existence of life in these waters. Alien viruses, bacteria? Levels of complexity and similarity to earthly ones? Thanks to researchers and investors there are some exciting news for people like me who can just sit there, read the news and have some blind guesses. 

1.10.2015, 14:55

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

The worst part would be the atmosphere composition, rather than the amount of water there. It would take a long time to make it have enough oxygen like in the Earth to sustain life. Not to mention having a plants ecosystem.

If there is enough humidity in the air, they might try some "windtraps" (the real ones) like in desert climate for extracting water. Those would reduce the evaporation rate and help to slowly gather water drops. Again, it would take a long time to fill a water deposit there, but I don't see why it wouldn't be viable. After all, it is in desertic climates in Earth.

Also, the climate there is colder than the Earth, so that's another downside for living there if one is the average Earth inhabitant.

Transportation and its cost would be a pain in the ass. Imagine having to wait between half a year and a year for having your store shipments arriving. Ridiculously You better stack toilet paper for a long term if you decide to move there.

Mars would likely be reduced to be a colony for the first country colonizating it or an "Earthly alliance", rather than a touristic or residential place. Which I guess is better, because the last thing we need is having another planet being flooded with trash and waste. To you 

12.10.2015, 18:20

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

I bet they'll find primitive life on mars and in the future we will come to the conclusion that life is much more common than we think Well

Just a hunch.

Cheers 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Water on Mars!

• Page: