Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Manufacture Everything ??!! (Steel producers help plz)

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 5.02.2015, 14:12

faiez
Twelve years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics

Steel market is so un-reliable. No one gets me a stable supply of HQ steel at decent prices. I'm thinking I should start producing steel on my own now...

I have a requirement of around 35k/update with possible growth (could double). And need around Q7+ for most of the factories.

So any idea what tech factory I need to produce Q7+ steel using only Q1 raw materials (will use the 20%+ with manganese)? Anyone here into steel production ?

thanks.   

• Page:
Message list:  

5.02.2015, 15:15

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

tech 15-18 should do it.  Tech 20 is q 8+ 

5.02.2015, 18:17

Last time edited : 5.02.2015, 18:32

faiez

G_Money33
tech 15-18 should do it.  Tech 20 is q 8+

are there licenses available ?

I don't think I can handle Tech 20 or similar. The highest tech I have in my factories is 17 (100% efficiency). And another at 19 which runs at ~75% top manager, meaning my qualification (28) is not high enough.

Do you own such tech? or a factory with tech 15-18 for sale ? Are you willing to sell ? I can take 17 tech for sure, not sure if 18 would also work.

btw, if you know, what's the highest tech I can take with 28 top manager in production ?

And one more thing, what quality can I produce max. (if I use the 20%+ specialization) with Tech 13 ? I've found out that I can afford to purchase Tech 13 license.

Thanks. 

5.02.2015, 18:34

Last time edited : 5.02.2015, 18:38

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

In Mary, I'm producing good steel for the machines (using the manganese, chrome and silica makes it expensive there), and I use the next combo:
Tech level 17.
+20% from especialization bonus.
+10% from innovation (quality management, requires size 1 factory for being paid without game points).
+1% from villa.
Total x1.3332.

As output, it produces 18.711 units @ 7.83 quality. (At 86.70% efficiency due to some minor problems right now.)

No idea about the prices in Lien, but if you can afford to have several small factories, you can exploit the innovation +10% boost. If you choose the just manganese especialization, you can reach quality 7.00 or better with the innovation at tech 17. But again, at the cost of being stuck with size 1 factories.

In theory, you can't use tech 17 until having top production at 32, according to NoGlues' post. http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/101016/view/m:99905711/#99905711 ... So, I guess you are not exploiting your factories at max yet. If so, I would stick to the innovations plan. 

5.02.2015, 20:01

faiez

Rogue_Cat
In Mary, I'm producing good steel for the machines (using the manganese, chrome and silica makes it expensive there), and I use the next combo:
Tech level 17.
+20% from especialization bonus.
+10% from innovation (quality management, requires size 1 factory for being paid without game points).
+1% from villa.
Total x1.3332.

As output, it produces 18.711 units @ 7.83 quality. (At 86.70% efficiency due to some minor problems right now.)

No idea about the prices in Lien, but if you can afford to have several small factories, you can exploit the innovation +10% boost. If you choose the just manganese especialization, you can reach quality 7.00 or better with the innovation at tech 17. But again, at the cost of being stuck with size 1 factories.

In theory, you can't use tech 17 until having top production at 32, according to NoGlues' post. http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/101016/view/m:99905711/#99905711 ... So, I guess you are not exploiting your factories at max yet. If so, I would stick to the innovations plan.

But I already have a factory that runs at 2500 workers (max capacity for that type) with tech 17. Or lien and mary have different top manager rules? 

5.02.2015, 20:40

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

one warning about high tech level, I know level 20 tech forces me to buy equipment that is so expensive that it ruins the ecomonics of what I'm trying to produce (for low margin products anyway) 

6.02.2015, 00:21

Last time edited : 6.02.2015, 00:23

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

with tech level 13 you can produce quality 6.99 using a scheme similar to what Rogue_Cat ordered:
smallest size factory and install quality management innovation for +10% quality bonus
Alloy Steel (HGS) specialization for +20% quality bonus.

but producing steel this way may cost a lot. on mary cost of material purchase will be $535 (today prices), excluding transport and custom duties. 

6.02.2015, 01:47

faiez

Wonson
with tech level 13 you can produce quality 6.99 using a scheme similar to what Rogue_Cat ordered:
smallest size factory and install quality management innovation for +10% quality bonus
Alloy Steel (HGS) specialization for +20% quality bonus.

but producing steel this way may cost a lot. on mary cost of material purchase will be $535 (today prices), excluding transport and custom duties.

that probably costs points/virts or what ever right? I don't have any. 

6.02.2015, 01:53

Last time edited : 6.02.2015, 01:59

Wonson
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

no, just buy coal, iron ore, chromium, manganese and silica quality 1.00 from independent supplier.
you said you have access to tech level 13 and i told you what you can get approximately. i don't recommend that specialization. best to follow G_Money's suggestion. tech-17, normal specialization with innovation installed should give around quality 6.9. 

6.02.2015, 02:10

faiez

G_Money33
one warning about high tech level, I know level 20 tech forces me to buy equipment that is so expensive that it ruins the ecomonics of what I'm trying to produce (for low margin products anyway)

unless offcourse you produce HQ machines as well.

I'm able to produce ~Q22 machines in a T-13 machine-tool factory for 3500/piece using ~Q10 microprocessors (in a T-16 microprocessor factory) and ~Q10 steel(outsourced).

I'm considering purchasing T-18 for machine-tool factory for 3.5 billion (or negotiate with the guy who has it on market, there's only one guy).

Then maybe I should be able to produce ~Q-33 machines for the same cost(3500/piece). Or is that not how it works ? I've come up with the figure using only the max product quality ratings. I used that ratio for T-13 and T-18 and the difference is about 50%. So if I'm getting Q22 with T-13, I should get Q22*1.5 with T-18. Right ?

After setting up a T-18 machine tool factory that produces Q33 machines (the machines needed for T-18 operations), I could start from a small scale and fill the factory with my own machines (would cost 1/20 of market prices). Could save me $300 million or more. Plus to date I've spent over 2 billion in equipment purchases, I could slash all future machine tool purchase costs by 1/15 or so. The way I'm expanding factories that's 1.5billion slashed down to 100million every year. So I suppose the ~3.5 spent on buying the tech should take 3yrs to pay back. On the other hand, license is available for 1.2billion for the same tech. Which option should I take ? License or buyout ?

With that I could handle all T-18 and below factory equipment requirements in-house.

Another thing, Tech license for T-16 for steel is available at $100m. How quality could I produce with that, any idea ?

Thanks. 

6.02.2015, 02:11

faiez

Wonson
no, just buy coal, iron ore, chromium, manganese and silica quality 1.00 from independent supplier.
you said you have access to tech level 13 and i told you what you can get approximately. i don't recommend that specialization. best to follow G_Money's suggestion. tech-17, normal specialization with innovation installed should give around quality 6.9.

I meant that innovation thing costs points/virts, don't they ? 

6.02.2015, 02:13

Last time edited : 6.02.2015, 08:58

Wonson
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

if you content yourself with smallest size factory it won't cost points. $1000,000 cost of installing the innovation and $20,000 for supporting it daily. factory size>1 and you will have to pay points. 

6.02.2015, 02:18

faiez

Wonson
if you content yourself with smallest size factory it won't cost points. $1000,000 cost of installing the innovation and $50,000 for supporting it daily. factory size>1 and you will have to pay points.

and there's no way to make a factory smaller right ?

never knew of this size-1-only scheme...will try it out.

thanks and feel free to reply to my other post, if you have any ideas... 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Manufacture Everything ??!! (Steel producers help plz)

• Page: