Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> What is your effective tax rate?

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 3.02.2015, 14:51

Last time edited : 15.02.2015, 21:47

faiez
Twelve years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics

Formula/Method :

=100 * ( Tax / ( Asset growth + Tax) )

(Asset Growth = this week's assets - previous week's assets)

Mine = ~23.5%   

• Page:
Message list:  

10.02.2015, 17:41

Last time edited : 10.02.2015, 17:43

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Can't guess what sort of research you are up to, but i can give you a few data of mine. Curious to see your next post.

Brewery Factory(tech-13): 8% ..... regional tax-rate: 20%
Washing Machine Factory(tech-11): 6% ...... regional tax-rate: 25%
Lapidary Factory (tech-17): 22% ...... regional tax-rate: 30%
Store: 15% .....regional tax-rate: 20%
Restaurant: 6% ...... regional tax-rate: 30% 

13.02.2015, 23:07

Last time edited : 15.02.2015, 21:46

faiez

Wonson
Can't guess what sort of research you are up to, but i can give you a few data of mine. Curious to see your next post.

Brewery Factory(tech-13): 8% ..... regional tax-rate: 20%
Washing Machine Factory(tech-11): 6% ...... regional tax-rate: 25%
Lapidary Factory (tech-17): 22% ...... regional tax-rate: 30%
Store: 15% .....regional tax-rate: 20%
Restaurant: 6% ...... regional tax-rate: 30%

Go to the main page of the game.

My Company >>> Reports >>> Graphic

From there, the info is right in from of you, put it in the formula below:

100 * (Taxes/(Profit+Taxes+))

I didn't know if the game adds investments to expenses, apparently it doesn't, so I've removed that.

Just want to know how much tax you guys pay as a percentage of before-tax profit.

EDIT : Okay, updated formula yet again :

=100 * ( Tax / ( Asset growth + Tax ) )

(Asset Growth = this week's assets - previous week's assets) 

14.02.2015, 02:32

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Based on my latest update:
Profit $145 125 261.78
Taxes $125 820 372.07

So...

100 * (125 820 372.07/(145 125 261.78+125 820 372.07)) = 46,437497545967559794283800746325%

Plenty of expenses, relatively low incomes. 

14.02.2015, 02:59

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

Actually, this formula has some problems :S

Profit in Virtonomics is based on cash flow profit (payments and receivables). Taxes are based on economic profit (that's why they are based on revenue - prime cost instead of revenue - expenses).

So, for example, if you are increasing your stock, you will increase your tax rate (because profit lowers) which is not actually true.

If I wanted to use a formula like this I would do Taxes / Asset growth. Asset growth is the difference in asset value between this and last turn. However, the asset value algorithm has it's problems but still is the easy-to-use KPI that I thrust most as "profit"

BUT, if you want to calculate your actual effective rate, it will take a bit of work but do it like this:

SUM (Taxes per office) / SUM (Taxes/Country tax rate per office) 

15.02.2015, 10:08

Wonson
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

with new formula: 33.08% 

15.02.2015, 17:57

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

Besides, taxes are based on revenue and not profit so profits should not even be included in the formula. I have been running losses and still paying 100 of millions in taxes each update. IF the profit formula was true, that couldn't have been the case 

15.02.2015, 21:40

Last time edited : 15.02.2015, 21:46

faiez

Desolation72724
Besides, taxes are based on revenue and not profit so profits should not even be included in the formula. I have been running losses and still paying 100 of millions in taxes each update. IF the profit formula was true, that couldn't have been the case

your losses are cash flow losses.

the taxes you pay are based on revenue from sales minus cost of those sales.

As suggested by Pyrex, the best way to deal with it is to look at asset growth (current update assets minus previous update assets) and divide taxes with asset growth plus taxes. 

16.02.2015, 23:17

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

Based on asset growth: 37% 

18.02.2015, 06:23

Wonson
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

a few days ago i lost $40 billions due to changes in the assessed value of stored goods, today I gained $6 billions. asset value is the worst variable to trust. 

18.02.2015, 14:50

Pyrex
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

That's right, asset value has a lot of problems when accessing stored goods. I have a warehouse with 30billion worth of assets and it's valued at 100mln. Still, it is the metric I thrust most as a substitute for "economic profit".

For this exercise, the most exact one is the SUM (Taxes per office) / SUM (Taxes/Country tax rate per office). But it takes too much work Very we! 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> What is your effective tax rate?

• Page: