Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> How is this made?Virtonomics

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 3.01.2015, 02:17

ragetrade
Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
ZamZam

Hi! I am a geek if it comes to computers from time to time. And i really wonder, how is this game made?
Its a text based game right? (with pictures obviously), which uses batch (bulk) processing of data every 24hours.
Whats the programming language they use? is it just the internets one like c++ or what?
What are the possibilities for making such games as this??

I hope some geeks (like me!) or experts can help me out!Ridiculously
Because i want to make some usefull scripts for this game and as a computer geek i am just naturally intrested!!

Much love   

• Page:
Message list:  

3.01.2015, 06:28

waerth
Eight years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Waerth Holdings
n:
Waerth Holdings

C++ for an internet game???? You are not as geeky as you think! Very we! 

3.01.2015, 08:27

Last time edited : 3.01.2015, 08:27

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

I suspect that this is mainly PHP, MySQL and JavaScript. Unless they used Flash or Unity, most of browser games work like that. And even that way, databases are a must for multiplayer games of any kind.

Basically, all stored data is just a bunch of stored variables in a database. The PHP pages treat that info, and "produce" the pages you see in the browser. "You submit data to server > server treats that info changing values in the database if needed > server sends the output page back > you receive the page." The hard part is organizating and planning how are you going to set those pages up.

The rest is just adding "fancy" images to make it look better, but the program itself is the same. I guess they use the APEX or something for making it. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oracle_Application_Express ...

3.01.2015, 16:01

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

I think ragetrade was talking about the update process (which is the most complicated part of this game).

I would say it is an SQL batch. 

3.01.2015, 23:52

ragetrade
Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
ZamZam

Yes exactly Pyrex i think that aswell, for sure they dont use flash for this website.
Well thanks all for the info it really did give me a more clear view. Ridiculously

Is there a way to reach the formulas without asking a person? For example by doing something like extracting the source? 

4.01.2015, 05:23

jojo.bacon
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics

You probably cannot see the exact formulas as they are most likely not even used in the frontend webpage that you see, they are likely processed on a backend server that the webpage you see only displays the results. 

6.01.2015, 15:27

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

It's say sql php (most likely mysql)  and lots of js... maybe some other language (forget what it is) for buying.

And so you know you can execute programs on a webserver ;) runescape executes .dll files and some sites even execute exe for internal use lol. Like video encoding sites. You think YouTube actually uses php/apache to convert videos? 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> How is this made?Virtonomics

• Page: