Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Calling it a day

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 11.12.2014, 10:15

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

1.5 years on, and its finally time to quit the game.
Tomorrow i will start systematic dissolution of my company. The mine reserves will be extracted and distributed to a few set of players. The farms, fishing bases and sawmill will be put up on auctions.
190 virts later, it was fun playing this one.

Maybe I'll restart on lien and start over cuz i am bored and try to build an empire from scratch again.
Thanks for all the help over the time folks.
Cheers   

• Page:
Message list:  

11.12.2014, 12:22

ostojictina
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron World Cuisines, VII-XV places Russian ball Russian ball Russian ball Bronze amphora of Heraklion
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

Tears 

11.12.2014, 16:09

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

Well mate, another path is to put your company on neutral and come back later.  I've let my lien company coast, went from retail to wholesale, moved to warehouse model and closed lots of stores and low profit manufacturing.  strategically restructuring your company even if the goal is to put it on autopilot can be a fun challenge.  I'm going to be auctioning off a few rare resources myself to downsize operations to an easily manageable level.  Restructuring for political reasons, to open markets, to target a monopolist  or to help new players is also enjoyable.  The pure profit motive gets old at some point.  I also find working with other players very enjoyable.  Perhaps a few of us bored vets could come up with a challenging lien project that requires many players to have a chance of succeeding.  For example, Mary has the Nigeria project.

Regards, G 

11.12.2014, 20:32

giekas
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Bronze amphora Common amphora of Heraklion
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Silver amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Silver bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian standard coin
l:
20E12
m:
i.G33K

I went 'Lazy-mode' on Mary and Lien about a year ago: dropped all stores, then went for animal farms and related food industries. 

12.12.2014, 14:26

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

I might go idle after my bonds are paid off in 52 updates... ironically oil and silica productions will cease before hand

I'll prob set up a quick dirty script to notify me of wear of equipment efficiency issues and reminders to switch specializations on farms.

I'll prob keep my production going for couches and close my stores too (will make city center open for trade again in Tokyo)

But I'm wondering what will happen with or current arrangements?

I've put my company in autopilot once, came back to 50% efficiency but not bankrupt. 

13.12.2014, 11:59

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

good of you to offer stuff up for auction and distribute rare resources amongst the people that have been good to you.

Besides that: G-Money is totally right. I've made that move myself on Lien. On Olga I took it a step further and I'm not even doing wholesale anymore. Still this requires you to repair equipment once in a while.

Whatever you choose to do: good luck! 

13.12.2014, 21:28

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

G_Money33
Well mate, another path is to put your company on neutral and come back later.  I've let my lien company coast, went from retail to wholesale, moved to warehouse model and closed lots of stores and low profit manufacturing.  strategically restructuring your company even if the goal is to put it on autopilot can be a fun challenge.  I'm going to be auctioning off a few rare resources myself to downsize operations to an easily manageable level.  Restructuring for political reasons, to open markets, to target a monopolist  or to help new players is also enjoyable.  The pure profit motive gets old at some point.  I also find working with other players very enjoyable.  Perhaps a few of us bored vets could come up with a challenging lien project that requires many players to have a chance of succeeding.  For example, Mary has the Nigeria project.

Regards, G

I hadn't thought of the vacation mode yet. For now i am just extracting resources and distributing them amongst a few players.
The game doesn't get boring actually, tenders are a great challenge everyday. The intro of new countries/goods/resources also keeps the game alive. I have just been having some personal problems, and need to give more time at home so it's time to move on Well 

15.12.2014, 14:13

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

It's good to know there are still people out there that put responsibility before fun or money. 

15.12.2014, 16:08

Melchior2008
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Kuwait retail leader
m:
RoMa Inc.

I'm getting bored sometimes too, as actions are repetitive (checking stores, repairing machines...).

What I do is going inactive from time to time, for like 1 month or even 2. During that time, my company continues to pile up cash, and when I come back it's always a challenge to get things back on track. I enjoy the game much more this way. 

15.12.2014, 19:45

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Yeah, sometimes I miss my weekends-only connection, To you it was much relaxed back then. Now, I'm enslavered by the Net: Too much to do, too little time. I've been parking aside other games and stuff due to this. 

17.12.2014, 13:43

gamerz300
m:
Egg-Roll International

Melchior2008
I'm getting bored sometimes too, as actions are repetitive (checking stores, repairing machines...).

It's a turn based game To you

But I agree with you this game is getting boring...

Like I said I'll prob be going idle with a script to warn me off equipment/efficiency issues, maybe even stock. 

17.12.2014, 15:52

faiez
Twelve years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics

gamerz300
Melchior2008

Like I said I'll prob be going idle with a script to warn me off equipment/efficiency issues, maybe even stock.

what are we playing for anyways? that's the big question. We really get nothing out of the game. Just the exact same routine every day. Check stores, factories, warehouses. Make sure you have supplies, make sure price is set right etc etc. Nothing new. 

17.12.2014, 16:52

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

faiez
what are we playing for anyways? that's the big question. We really get nothing out of the game. Just the exact same routine every day. Check stores, factories, warehouses. Make sure you have supplies, make sure price is set right etc etc. Nothing new.

And don't forget checking the forum for new posts. To you That's part of Virtonomics too. But yeah, once you expand your empire and can't/don't expand anymore, it basically is checking messages and stuff, and nothing else. I've been connecting lately just by checking the labs and office equipment. Oh, and the regional government stuff. 

17.12.2014, 18:48

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

faiez
gamerz300
Melchior2008

Try to give yourself objectives. For example, win tenders, be top X in retail, become the top X in producing something, help small players, etc. 

17.12.2014, 20:47

gamerz300
m:
Egg-Roll International

Ummm I've watch the elite stores page...

95% of the top 25 are random mostly the same players but different stores... Nano Nano is the only store that has really stayed in the top ten continuously... and I was easily able to dominate the gems market in Tokyo...

Game has no aggression esp on lien

My tops are topped so I can't be any more better at something without losing something... 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Calling it a day

• Page: