Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Is dumping allowed?

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 30.11.2014, 21:41

faiez
Twelve years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics

So I had a good business going in Qingdao, Central China, selling high quality computers at high prices. Then this guy comes along and starts selling computers at a less than 1/10th the price (I think below the cost) and destroys the market...

Link to my store :
http://virtonomics.com/lien/main/unit/view/2837581/trading_hall

Is this kind of thing allowed?   

• Page:
Message list:  

30.11.2014, 22:43

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

Yes, but it usually just happen temporarily during contests or elections. 

1.12.2014, 15:21

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

So you're complaining because of either
A: they can make it cheaper than you
Or
B: they believe the market is full of price gouging?

Just so you know here is my computer factory used only for offices

Quantity   60 022
Quality   25.54
Prime cost   1 667.68$

I produced my own metal and other materials and stopped producing computers due to the fact I ran out.

Besides I looked up the market... No one has majority... So no they are not dumping unless you're referring to price gouging and they are well... you know where this is going Not precisely 

7.12.2014, 11:17

faiez

gamerz300
So you're complaining because of either
A: they can make it cheaper than you
Or
B: they believe the market is full of price gouging?

Just so you know here is my computer factory used only for offices

Quantity   60 022
Quality   25.54
Prime cost   1 667.68$

I produced my own metal and other materials and stopped producing computers due to the fact I ran out.

Besides I looked up the market... No one has majority... So no they are not dumping unless you're referring to price gouging and they are well... you know where this is going Not precisely

What quality inputs and what technology are you using ? 

7.12.2014, 17:06

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

Computer Factory:
Steel: 15.82
Plastic: 12.79
Glass: 6.58
Processors: Unknown, prob moved them for better use (Min Q18 based on Xio)
Tech: 18

Plastic was most likely bought 3rd party because i dont think i owned my own oil then and the glass was too, however i can produce 8+ glass using 1.6 silica.

For Steel i used Alloy steel at tech 20. Which is too high for my qualification i dont remember how but i got max Q out To you Perhaps because i was only running the factory at 25% capacity...
I was using about 9.9 Silica (now dedicated to Processors) 2.22 Iron 1.66 Coal 2.11 Manganese and 3.41 Chrome. 

17.12.2014, 15:48

faiez

gamerz300
Computer Factory:
Steel: 15.82
Plastic: 12.79
Glass: 6.58
Processors: Unknown, prob moved them for better use (Min Q18 based on Xio)
Tech: 18

Plastic was most likely bought 3rd party because i dont think i owned my own oil then and the glass was too, however i can produce 8+ glass using 1.6 silica.

For Steel i used Alloy steel at tech 20. Which is too high for my qualification i dont remember how but i got max Q out To you Perhaps because i was only running the factory at 25% capacity...
I was using about 9.9 Silica (now dedicated to Processors) 2.22 Iron 1.66 Coal 2.11 Manganese and 3.41 Chrome.

basically the game is not a fair play for anyone without money to spend online. 

17.12.2014, 16:48

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

faiez
basically the game is not a fair play for anyone without money to spend online.

This is basically true for all non-optional competitive online games with payment features. Though it doesn't make it impossible to advance in some cases. Just slower.

Cheapskate powa! Ridiculously 

18.12.2014, 01:14

gamerz300
m:
Egg-Roll International

I've stated this before, but I've only started paying this year (about April) and while cheap is harder it's more fulfilling ;) live on cheapskates live on. Also yay free olives XD sadly I'm not permitting any new contracts because of stupid hoarders...

And completely off topic I'm getting stared at on the bus... kinda creepy lol... 

22.12.2014, 00:28

waerth
Eight years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Waerth Holdings
n:
Waerth Holdings

I only started a few days ago. I like the concept but there are a few things that I noticed:

*Prices are made extremely high
*Lot of overproduction in the market it seems, but people do not put the price down so a new player can buy stuff Not so

I still like the principle of the game though. And I hope the number of countries and products keep on expanding. Although it seems some countries need an overhaul :p.

I also hope that if ever a new server gets introduced something gets done so these unrealistically high profit margins get stopped.

4.01.2015, 01:01

Packard
l:
P.I.
m:
P.I.

well... just to remind you... game points can be earned in broker-yard and virts in tenders, so no need to pay a single $ on anything. it just takes longer time. also, if you don't have high qualifications, then you can't really expand your production so much. big players are playing the game much longer and they raised their qualifications. so, unless you invest gp/virts in qualifiations, then you just need to play and be patient.

also, there might be occasions like today, that a big player stop playing and goes into bankruptcy and then all his buildings are being sold. that is a chance, where you can buy stuff like: wood, bauxite, gold or diamonds, etc. that you couldn't have unless, you'd buy a building with game points or virts. but it's good you have some money (virtual) and you're fast enough or else everything is being sold to others.

take care ;) 

6.01.2015, 23:34

Last time edited : 7.01.2015, 10:01

Wonson
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

May i propose a different question?

I can remember somewhere I have read that the mechanism that controls the local suppliers price/quality has an in-built anti-dumping structure. If I remember correctly, if a store price is far bellow the point of unit elasticity, local sellers will react to that store less than usual. If that theory is true then: you are really caught in a competition, but dumping should not trigger local sellers to lower their prices/upgrade their quality sharply.

Now you have a chance to verify this theory. Would you please share your experience with us? Do you think dumping has affected local suppliers prices by much? and what is the market saturation index? 

7.01.2015, 14:19

gamerz300
m:
Egg-Roll International

http://virtonomics.com/lien/window/globalreport/marketing/by_trade_at_cities/1526/401792/401809/4018 ...
My price has not changed in a while (at least 2 weeks)

Also even if they  dump they would need to control most of the market share to have a negative effect
greater than 50%:
Not actually market share but users market share.

Say users control 50% of the market. To have a negative affect the person dumping would have to have 50% of that 50%. Trust me that's not always easy ;) first production numbers, second maintaining the quality in such numbers.

I own 90% market share in watches for Tokyo and I'm at max production max sales (3 million units in store). 

7.01.2015, 17:02

faiez

Actually I messaged the guy who was doing that...He had a reason for lowering prices so significantly. He wasn't playing for a month or so and now had big stockpile of product in his warehouse, so he priced very low to sell it quickly. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Is dumping allowed?

• Page: