Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Business model TAB

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 8.05.2014, 14:30

ostojictina
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron World Cuisines, VII-XV places Russian ball Russian ball Russian ball Bronze amphora of Heraklion
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

I noticed in My Company>Strategy a tab Business model. What is the meaning of that? Can anyone else see my business model or is there just for my information?    

• Page:
Message list:  

8.05.2014, 15:20

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

I noticed it last week... to me its nothing because as far i know no one but you can see it and if they can do they really care?

For example: "What clients are the most important for us?" Uh the ones that pay? or if you want to make people run... The clients who need items we will never carry Very we! 

8.05.2014, 18:02

Vipero
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I think it's for the forgetful entrepreneur, so he will remember his goals and such. Can't find another reason. 

8.05.2014, 20:36

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

Said person would just forget such a thing exist. Or at least forget where it is. 

9.05.2014, 11:33

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

Virtonomics is also selling its product to academic customers. I can imagine these are questions raised at business schools.
Frankly: quite a few of these items are questions that I do actually ask myself. At the same time, I'm afraid that plenty of players have never stopped to think about any of the questions. If you look at the reason people give for playing this game, it is often to learn about business. Well, they can start by contemplating their strategy and asking themselves some of the questions in this tab... 

9.05.2014, 18:26

Vipero
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Agreed, JN. Well put.

Though I hope most people know what they are doing and not need the tabs as a reminder.

On the account of this game being a place to learn economics. It's not really true. If you want to 'win' this game, you should know how to burn your money and must make decisions one should never make in the real world. Im talking about an important aspect of the game, namely tenders.

Tenders give such great rewards, one should really try to win them. But to win them, you should mostly start enterprises which won't make any profit, but are very costly instead and which are not intended to have a long lifespan. So, if you want to learn economics from this game, you should play plain, but doing so will make it very tough, as you won't grow experience fast enough to keep up and thus you lose contests.

Besides, the game isn't so much about economics and more about trade, which is just a part of the economy. You can not decide on organisation structures. You can not decide on 'green' (except for solar panels) or other social aspects (except for the Nigeria project). There are no cultural difference you've got to bridge. There are no stocks or hostile take-overs. There's no real traffic business. Service sector is minimal, even though this is one of the biggest branches in today's economics. And the list can go on. It's basically only raw material (mines, farms) -> product (factories) -> retail (shops, service sector), whereby each step adds something to the price to make a profit. That's not too hard to learn and many questions go way behind this point. 

10.05.2014, 02:31

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

I guess that goes for "serious" enterprisers, with a graduate in Economics and such. Many of us are just like, "I produce, sell for more price, get profit, re-invest the profit", and have no idea about those technicism and terms. We are learning by doing, but without a graduate. Oh man, I should have studied economics... 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Business model TAB

• Page: