Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Progressive taxation

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 25.04.2014, 09:40

faiez
Twelve years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics

It's quiet unfair for new comers that as soon as they start the game, they face extremely tough competition and they don't have enough money to do anything really...the markets are saturated and producers sell for very high prices. It's too difficult for him and he leaves...

On the other hand, an established player keeps growing and growing and growing cuz he has economy of scale.
I think there should be progressive taxation based on the company's financial status. The bigger the company, the higher the taxes. Lets say for example the starting tax rate is 25%, the billion $+ company would have to pay, say 30% or 35% in the same territory...

OR base it on revenue/sales, the higher the sales, the higher the tax rate.

Does anyone agree with this?   

• Page:
Message list:  

25.04.2014, 16:42

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

I think having some way to balance it a little bit might make sense.  But you don't want to have disincentive to grow (the American Republican in me is coming out!!).

I think the bigger reason new players struggle is because the game is hard.  The established players not only have established operations, income and assets, but they know how to play.

I know someone who just started on Mary a month ago, has put no money into the game and has won no tenders and he’s in the top 80 retailers already because he knows how to handle qualification and he knows how to do market research (and I’m guessing he's really smart).

Without a veteran players help, most new players are doomed due to the knowledge issue.

G
Ridiculously 

25.04.2014, 17:00.     Subject: No

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Good idea, but don't think the problem will be solved this way.

In the beginning we all rely on goods produced by more stable and wealthy companies. raising the taxes for those companies will lead to higher prices of goods, and this will make it even tougher for beginners to buy and sell. As a beginner I feel what you say, some markets are extremely tough for me to compete, But I think I have to live with it.

But perhaps this game lacks some anti-cartel enforcement laws and jurisdictional committees where people can submit their pleas (or is there already one there?). There are many goods that are monopolized and out of reach of smaller firms. Still have no idea how such thing can be implemented and if it really makes the game more enjoyable for all. 

25.04.2014, 17:03

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

speak of the devil  So-so 

25.04.2014, 17:25

Wonson
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

G does not agree with me. So perhaps things are not what they seem to be from this angle. 

25.04.2014, 18:08

Last time edited : 25.04.2014, 18:10

Vipero
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

You should read the beginner guides. I've never had help, nor restart and doing quite alright now. Its true that I spend some real money, but rather stupidly, actually. I've been buying stuff for my office and transform it into virt money at first. Yeah, I know, I know. Im impatient and don't think about spending in the beginning, just want to figure out what things do and then start thinking. Enough about that, you should understand that you'll grow exponentially. So, don't look at the big fishes as if it's normal, but like theirs Gods. To you

Because you will be doing business with the big guys mostly, logically, you expect you should be there too. Thats a good drive, but don't hurry it. I was very happy to make a million after two weeks of playing and struggling, now I make close to a billion revenue per turn. Let is grow. Im still a small company, but I grow and thats tyhe way you should play the game. Don't get frustrated of envy because of the big players, but focus on making profit.

Profit is always possible to make. For starters, begin with shops. For example, do as followed:

Start a shop in The Hague:
Caps from Jimf AG     q47.75 buy for +/- 237.00$ , sell for 437$
Bags from Sckrinich Industries q24.94 buy for +/-1 000.00$, sell for 2500$
Football shirts TheTycoonProduction q24.18 buy for +/-1 500.00$, sell for 1800$
Umbrella from schneicatalysts q21.95 buy for +/-460.00$, sell for $650
etc.

But Im not here to do your homework. It's profit and it might not be much at the beginning, but it will come. my first shop made me a few bugs in the beginning and now makes me:

Profit   72 105 499.73$ ;   52 218 463.58$ ;   39 963 238.50$ ;   78 024 348.50$

Don't complain, just make the gain. Good luck! 

25.04.2014, 18:16

Xeonos

If it's one thing I learned from this game is that you must enjoy doing research.

which I luckily do... 

25.04.2014, 20:48

faiez

@Vipero : I'm not a beginner...I have been in virto for ~4yrs almost now..I'm older (in the game) than many of you guys here. Was amongst the top 50 companies in terms of assets and also in terms of turnover. At that point, I was the "pro" and people would sometimes come to ask for my helpVery we!. But I left playing for almost a year (I thought $250b+ cash would be enough to not pay attention for a pretty long time, I guess I was wrong). And went bankrupt, so restarted about a month ago. Currently got ~20m+ assets and more revenue than you(in lien, I've only played lien regularly.)

So I'm not a beginner...But I get to replay the "beginner level" now...And companies which were once less than 1/1,000 my size are now wealthier than me(cuz of the restart), which is kind of depressing, people I once messed with can get back at me now lol...But I'm doing good right now, every update I gain about ~30% in assets, though running really low on cash...
Some of the older players from 2011+ on lien might remember me.... 

25.04.2014, 21:15

faiez

Wonson
Good idea, but don't think the problem will be solved this way.

In the beginning we all rely on goods produced by more stable and wealthy companies. raising the taxes for those companies will lead to higher prices of goods, and this will make it even tougher for beginners to buy and sell. As a beginner I feel what you say, some markets are extremely tough for me to compete, But I think I have to live with it.

But perhaps this game lacks some anti-cartel enforcement laws and jurisdictional committees where people can submit their pleas (or is there already one there?). There are many goods that are monopolized and out of reach of smaller firms. Still have no idea how such thing can be implemented and if it really makes the game more enjoyable for all.

This is precisely what I wanted to say.
During my glory days, I used to make alot of bedclothes (one of the top producers). And it used to cost me ~$30-35/unit and I used to sell for in thousand(s). Then I even started warehousing to buyout all the competition. So infact I was selling at retail prices from my factories and warehouses. At that time I had a fully vertically integrated bedclothes production. Had about 5-6 sheeps farms, 3-4 weaving mills and 4-5 bedclothes factories plus in technology research for these three, I was sometimes the first to get to the highest tech levels.

And then I used to look at my order list and see where the buyers had stores, check prices and make my own stores there and slowly get into retailing it myself. I did that trick with many products, just produce a rare good quality product, then put it up for sale. See who buys it and where he's selling it at and then open up stores there and start branding.

I don't know if there's other people who do or did that thing...But it was kinda unfair.

Then there's that warehousing technique. Get up early or stay awake late night (depending on timezone) to match game update break and be the first one to get into the game after the update, you often find really cheap products on the market including machinery/sheep and stuff in general. Buy all this and then sell for huge profit. I guess sometimes it was probably just a keyboard mistake where they forgot that extra zero or something lol...But I made a lot of money off that lolz ( still doing that Very we! , bought some coal mills which I think he meant to sell at 750,000 , but accidentally put on sale for 75,000 lolz) 

25.04.2014, 21:26

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

If this game is made to reflect the real world, then I don't see what's wrong with it.

In the real world, money is power. And same is the case in the game. I once had a feud with this guy here, and I took daily losses of $800 million just so I could chase him out of the malaysian market in several departments. He couldn't last for long because I had over $200 billion to burn. His assets were just under $50 billion.

If one experiences economies of scale, why shouldn't he/she take advantage of it?
But it's not so hard starting out. Research is key. Merely selling other people's electronics could get you billions. It worked for me. 

26.04.2014, 04:33

faiez

Anyone have duralumin? 

26.04.2014, 08:50

Wonson
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Just quit once again, pay the registration fees and play in realm Anna. 

26.04.2014, 16:53

Last time edited : 26.04.2014, 21:02

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

I do, faiez, on mary. And I will supply it for a long time - hopefully virto-decades.

Edit: I also offer technologies and reasonably priced licenses for all the car related industries. I will add new technologies as they are invented. Yes 

26.04.2014, 19:17

Vipero
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

@faiez I don't understand your complaining...You started this thread saying it's too difficult for beginners and secondly you say you are doing great. It is surprised 

26.04.2014, 20:32

faiez

Vipero
@faiez I don't understand your complaining...You started this thread saying it's too difficult for beginners and secondly you say you are doing great. It is surprised

I'm not a brand new beginner.

I'm just talking about those who just started out...I've played this game for almost 4yrs.

you should read my post again... 

29.04.2014, 12:14

Vipero

If a 'real' beginner wants to complain, they should read my post and do as such. You are the example of my point. If you know how to play it doesn't matter if you are a beginner, you'll still make a gain, as you proved. So why would other beginners get an advantage if none is needed?

ok, this can become an endless discussion. So-so So, I won't react anymore. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Progressive taxation

• Page: