Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> RUSSIA HAS DECLARED A WAR TO UKRAINE!

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic closed

Topic created : 2.03.2014, 01:06

Last time edited : 13.10.2014, 12:16

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Just for you to know. If you want to help building democracy in the world - please boycott Russian goods.

Please share with your friends irl.

**** the Russia!

P.S. Mostly likely my account will be banned, but at least several people will read this first.   

• Page:
Message list:  

14.03.2014, 06:32

wolf85
Three years with Virtonomics
Appolo in turquoise The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

i read today an interesting article at the website of the Deutsche Welle that the climate on the Crimea is mostly arrid. It happens to be that Crimea needs Water from the Dnjeper as much as Ukraine needs russian gas.  :-)

I guess Crimea has a long way to go to become really indepentend from the Ukraine and N. Khrushchev had too some practical reasons for his decision. ;-)

Let's hope the politicians don't let become crimea a dry place where no tourist would go for a holiday. 

14.03.2014, 17:55

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

as always, this isn't a black and white issue. I wonder: what if the german speaking minority in Belgium were to ask the help of Germany to become independent or even to move the territory back to Germany? What if Germany was renting a military base there for a few 100M a year and decided to increase the amount of soldiers? What if all of this was induced by the fact that the new government contained some extremists?

On the one hand: Belgium is a sovereign nation. If those german speaking people want to be a part of Germany, they should sell their house and move into Germany.

On the other hand: the majority of the people in a certain area want to belong to a different country. Why shouldn't they be allowed to do this?

Forgive me if this doesn't correspond to the situation in Ukraine, but this is what I currently get from media...

From the intel I got, I'd argue that the Russians should mind their own business. IF Ukraine were to oppress russian speakers in Crimea, the UN should install a peace force there to protect their safety and sanctions could be imposed on Ukraine. If people in Crimea are not oppressed, then really it's Ukraine's decision as a sovereign state what happens in Crimea. 

15.03.2014, 01:14

wolf85
Appolo in turquoise The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

and never forget the rights of the neanderthals i bet they were everywhere before us in the northern hemissphere To you 

24.03.2014, 15:09

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

any chance of getting a public rejection by the game's administration of Russia's actions? Any reaction on the russian forum? 

24.03.2014, 17:55

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

Lol @ ur suggestion to install a 'UN' security force.
UN is nothing but a joke, a dream that only the west thinks works. UN has 0 power, anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot (no offence).

I don't see why any1 is going to protest against Russia. I, for one, am glad Russia took over Crimea. Putin really keeps the money where his mouth is unlike the Western Leaders. Determined leader. Some1 every country should have. 

25.03.2014, 21:54

JustNash
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

in the mean time, russia did an annexation of crimea that smells a lot like the annexation of Austria in march/april 1938. Obviously, there are plenty of differences. There always are. But there are also lots of similarities. Like the inertia of the international community.

I for one can no longer identify myself with anybody that is supportive of this breach of sovereignty. If it turns out the game's owners are indeed in favor of what their leaders are doing in Ukraine, then that's a big problem for me. If it turns out most of this game's community is in favor of what russia is doing in Ukraine, then that's a big problem for me.

Until I find out more about this, I'm unavailable for anything related to the game. That means that I will - for now - continue to check in and check my pm's. But I won't be doing anything with regards to my company.
This will be the case until either russia acts decent again (on which I have 0.0000000...% impact) or I find a way to come to terms with this situation (for which some wise friends are handing me good arguments). 

26.03.2014, 04:00

Last time edited : 26.03.2014, 04:41

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

Like most decent people, I'm also appalled by the annexation and I wouldn't hesitate one bit to boycott this game if I thought it could help. Unfortunately, I am convinced that it won't. Writing critical forum posts on the internet is probably more effective. That also have almost no real impact on the situation, but at least many people can read it. You leaving the game will only be noticed by a few players.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe in economic sanctions as a powerful tool, but it has to be applied on a much larger scale. A few players leaving an online game will have no impact. I'd be happy to pay a lot more for my real-life electricity, for instance, if this turns into an economic war (and that's the only effect in the west). I'm not convinced, though, that the mismanaged russian economy is equally prepared. If this leads to a trade war with increasing economic hardship for the average russian (and even less freedom of speech), I don't think Putin will last. Hopefully he will yield before that, and I certainly hope the US/EU/Nato applies the necessary pressure to get there.

Do you guys remember when the US invaded Iraq? Probably millions of people in demonstrations all over europe (world?) and some even went to Iraq to be "human shields". Where are those people now? Btw, back then I didn't buy coke or heinz ketchup for weeks. It didn't stop the war..

Why not do a local effort where you are from, Nash? Organize your friends and challenge your government to push harder for sanctions. Make a demonstration - and get the lefties to support it (conservatives are hard to mobilize). Democratically elected governments should not be soft on military aggression, and we (the electorate) need to hold our politicians accountable when they are not tough enough. Decent people don't want kleptocratic authoritarianism to spread.. 

26.03.2014, 04:39

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

Yep, way to goo. Demonstrate against Russia, but where was your demonstration against attacks in Iraq, Afghanistan and then Libya?
And now Syria? Lol, Nash you're just a hypocrite. You must be 10 years old to think your departure from a Russian game will cause any effect whatsoever on this whole issue. I am sorry my words are so hard-hitting but people who know me know I speak whatever is on my mind. They can vote me down all I want, but then, who's here to count votes anyway right?

When was the last time UN did anything meaningful? Poor people couldn't even control their peacekeeping force in Bosnia in the 90s. Every decision of theirs against the US has been rebutted without much thought. And what then? There's no action against the US when they go against the UN. But now that Putin is doing something, people want UN to interfere? Lol.
This is nobody's business but Russia and Ukraine's. US has been interfering in other people's business time and time again, this time they won't because they know what they are up against. They thought they could teach Vietnam a lesson, and what then? They thought they could defeat the Aghans. And we see where that's going. The whole world including a lot of western nations are growing tired of US' antics.
They can apply all the pressure they wish, but Putin won't bend. Too much pressure and your gas cookers will be out Nash. Who do you think provides you natural gas in your pretty little Europe? Your gas stations will shut down because Putin says no Oil to Europe. And then the whole of Europe will come down on it's knees like it almost always does.

Any1 who believes I am an idiot, well that's your opinion. But Putin is the only way to go. 

26.03.2014, 07:59

Last time edited : 26.03.2014, 08:25

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Desolation72724

lol.. you are as cocky as Putin himself. East-west-paranoia? JN clearly writes that he doesn't expect having any impact, he simply cannot handle the feelings. Why does he have to get flamed for that?

Human wiring isn't a mathematical matter for which there is only one solution. If you see only one way then you are are not making a free decision.

Crimea should be free to join whoever they want but upholding a set of manners and international agreements is what brings peace and predictability into our lives and has as little to do with to do with weakness. Taking advantage of another's weakness is not a sign of strength. There is so much to do on this world and people are waisting time dreaming to be different when we are just all of the same.  I hope that you can one day recognise and leverage with the true values of Russia and its people, which goes beyond race, mineral resources and  pissing contests.

Please accept my +1 as an encouragement and sign of respect for your openness and willingness to state your point of view.

Love, peace and rock'n'roll! 

26.03.2014, 08:20

Mike1
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
m:
Mico Inc

ayukarcher
i hate the fact that World is ruled by some group of elite.  their conflict became our disaster.. it always been like that since the beginning of human being. they use "illusion" issue such as Religion, Ethnicity, Nationality, Democracy etc.. at the end it is all about Wealth and Money..

The best thing anyone said in this thread. Sorry i don't have time to open a millon accounts to rate it appropriately. 

26.03.2014, 14:20

WSC01
Eight years with Virtonomics Forest tycoon
m:
WSC

Thank you Mike for being a voice of reason. 

26.03.2014, 15:18

Jane84
Witch's brew Bat Head of Frankenstein Witch's hat Ghost Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion Cocktail
Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Participant's tiara of Miss Virtonomics 2012 contest Shamanic Mohawk The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

JustNash
any chance of getting a public rejection by the game's administration of Russia's actions? Any reaction on the russian forum?
Virtonomics is just a game, and administration is not going to take side of Russia or Ukraine. In-game World map is not going to be changed. 

26.03.2014, 16:23

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

No one would give a shit about the struggle except both Russia and Crimea if it weren't because there are international treaties that bind all sides to respect some given terms. That is why foreign forces nose into their stuff. As long as Russia has agreed to some treaties, they have to stick to them. Just like any other country, European or not, one can't expect to go ignoring any pact like a dictator or fundamentalist leader, doing whatever they please, and having no answer from other countries.

Please, can we close this thing and off to another topic? Because I can't stand those politicians' fanatics that go doing war for their politician lords everywhere and keep charging on everyone who "oposses" their ideas. And this is causing more hostilities among player database than the real world itself. It began as a free-discussion thing, and ended up like a virtual battlefield. The game itself and the admins seem to be neutral on all this issue, they have nothing to do with the choices of rulers or people, so let's not bring the real war to virtual world too. 

27.03.2014, 08:06

Last time edited : 27.03.2014, 08:07

Mike1
m:
Mico Inc

i personally DO CARE about any struggle, no matter if there are treaties or not.  Some very serious words were written here but i can't see a battlefield.  Have you been personally offended by someone? I talk about un-easy things with my friends all the time, we enjoy the polarity of opinions and often use vocabulary that would get us banned here instantly but nobody usually asks the other to shut up. 

27.03.2014, 15:24

Desolation72724
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

Exactly Mike.
Let another topic come up and I will  be agreeing with Nash in less than a second. Just because I use much harsher words than others doesn't mean I will always be against him. I just disagree with him on this topic whole heartedly. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> RUSSIA HAS DECLARED A WAR TO UKRAINE!

• Page: