Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Market volumes of Automobile sector on lien

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 15.01.2014, 15:20

hitaishi
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Shagreen, VII-XV places
l:
Tantra International
m:
Hitaishi Ltd.

What can be done to increase the market volumes of motor-car products on lien? Most cities don't have a volume of more than 15-20 for cars...which is abysmal.   

• Page:
Message list:  

15.01.2014, 15:56

ostojictina
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron World Cuisines, VII-XV places Russian ball Russian ball Russian ball Bronze amphora of Heraklion
Eleven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Tina Enterprise
m:
Tina Enterprise

''regular'' cars are out to date Well 

15.01.2014, 18:22

orbiter
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

diska
The most important part is that Generation II cars (i.e. Sedans) will exist together with the old kind of cars, but will also be forcing them out from the market.
Approximate stages and parameters of completion of one item of goods are:

- initial retail price of the 2nd generation goods is the same as the one of the 1st generation, the initial volume is 25% of the current volume;
  - approximate term for the 2nd generation goods reaching the sales level of the 1st generation goods is 100 updates;
  - approximate term for the 2-times drop in volume of sales of the 1st generation goods - every 100 updates (steady annual drop)

mort100
The old product named "car" is being phased out. Demand is decreasing every update and will eventually be 0.

mort100
Yes, it's permanent. The product named "Car" will not be there in the future. It's getting replaced by the sedan, SUV and sports car.

Btw, the forum has a search feature: http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forumsearch/new ...  Very we! 

16.01.2014, 00:48

Last time edited : 16.01.2014, 01:08

hitaishi
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
l:
Tantra International
m:
Hitaishi Ltd.

i wish i had searched before investing heavily in this. Just burned ~10b on setting up factories and tech itself. Cost of factories separate.

Are bikes gonna go as well?

will there be any opportunity to switch over the old auto factories to the new product? 

16.01.2014, 01:20

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

bikes: don't give them any ideas! :-D At this time there is no reason to assume they'd disappear.

switch production: no, this was anounced ages ago. I understand it was during your sabbatical though, so you didn't know. Maybe you could contact support and in the process suggest them to block the possibility of players building new factories, buying techs for this product. Or maybe even liquidate all existing stuff now. It's been long enough, hasn't it? 

16.01.2014, 18:38

Last time edited : 3.02.2014, 13:20

orbiter
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

hitaishi
Are bikes gonna go as well?

I hope not! So far there has been no announcement about bikes. 'Car' is the only product with a generally irreversible decline in market volume.

EDIT: Mobile Phones will have declining market volume in a few days.

JustNash
Maybe you could contact support and in the process suggest them to block the possibility of players building new factories, buying techs for this product. Or maybe even liquidate all existing stuff now. It's been long enough, hasn't it?

Great suggestion.
Long enough? Yes. Volumes have fallen 30-38x since the introduction of 2nd generation cars. Volume halves every 100 updates so it will take a lot of time before the volume reaches 0. 

17.01.2014, 00:00

hitaishi
l:
Tantra International
m:
Hitaishi Ltd.

Support can't help. I'm screwed. To you 

7.07.2014, 18:35

giantkin
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
giantkin Industries

ah crud.

well that explains why i cant sell any cars. 

12.07.2014, 04:52

danp3185
Thirteen years With Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
Pickles n Restaurants
m:
French Pickle Ltd

Ha, yeh, I didnt know this either!

I did similar to OP, spent a good $1.5B, and ended up closing everything, because nothing was selling!

Ah well, joys of the game! 

12.07.2014, 09:30

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Just commenting, but it is a bit "unrealistic" (all the realistic a parallel virtual world can be) that everybody buys ultra-expensive fancy cars while not buying low-budget ones at all.

In the same way that there are low quality products being sold in suburbian areas, there should be a "minimal" market share for those too (hell I know, a 10%?). After all, it's not like there are no cheapskate consumers that go for cheap and fair-enough stuff rather than expensive and higher-quality one. I don't mind in any case, I hate all cars. Don't ask.

Same case for mobile phones. Some people just goes for the just-a-phone one, without all those fancy cameras, touch screens, ring tones, etc. 

13.07.2014, 12:43

danp3185
l:
Pickles n Restaurants
m:
French Pickle Ltd

Rogue_Cat
Just commenting, but it is a bit "unrealistic" (all the realistic a parallel virtual world can be) that everybody buys ultra-expensive fancy cars while not buying low-budget ones at all.

In the same way that there are low quality products being sold in suburbian areas, there should be a "minimal" market share for those too (hell I know, a 10%?). After all, it's not like there are no cheapskate consumers that go for cheap and fair-enough stuff rather than expensive and higher-quality one. I don't mind in any case, I hate all cars. Don't ask.

Same case for mobile phones. Some people just goes for the just-a-phone one, without all those fancy cameras, touch screens, ring tones, etc.

I would agree, though more so that there should be a larger range of products. Why bring new products out, only to remove old ones??? Doesn't that sorta defeat the purpose??? 

14.07.2014, 19:49

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Well, newer products tend to gain terrain over older ones. The Commodore64 was amazing, but once the PC arrived with the Emulators, all the game tapes are kept as a treasure in a shoebox, because it fully replaces it. Oh, memories... 

16.07.2014, 08:55

Cwalen
Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

New goods V old goods.
Harsh for the people who just baught in.

Powerful dynamic for supporting new players as well.

No newby can compete for most goods, with low tech and low qualification, but get onto the newest wave?
Anyone can make good quality cat food. 

17.07.2014, 20:29

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

I think my real life car is the equivalent of the phased out auto  It is surprised  p.o.s. 

19.07.2014, 02:41

danp3185
l:
Pickles n Restaurants
m:
French Pickle Ltd

Ah yes, G_Money! I know that feeling, I have, until recently, been driving a car to work that cost AU$1000 (CHEAP!!) My wife got the nice car, I got the bomb.....

Dont you wish that this game was real life?? Have a weekly profit turnover of a lazy $300M??? 

19.07.2014, 03:24

Rogue_Cat
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

danp3185
Ah yes, G_Money! I know that feeling, I have, until recently, been driving a car to work that cost AU$1000 (CHEAP!!) My wife got the nice car, I got the bomb.....

Dont you wish that this game was real life?? Have a weekly profit turnover of a lazy $300M???

Yeah, that would be amazing. No setbacks because of rigged or treacherous laws, no worries because of unexpected events in production chain... Man, with all that money being generated, I might open a lab to research on feline medicine. And hire a bunch of assa... kickers, so annoying people don't attemp to bother us again. I might even attemp to rise to power to fix the corruption problem. Yeah, ass-kickers... =^¬_¬^= I would just be worried about what would happen with my empire once I kicked the bucket.

I wonder how would I be like...

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Market volumes of Automobile sector on lien

• Page: