Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> World Peace

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 22.11.2013, 03:39

Last time edited : 22.11.2013, 03:40

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

First of all, since this is free discussions, I am assuming non-virtonomics related stuff is allowed in this forum?

Apart from being an external auditor at one of the most reputed audit firms in the world, KPMG, and playing business sim games like virtonomics, I also make music. I have been a guitar and bass player for over 9 years and a drummer for over 4 years. I prefer making instrumentals because I think music is the ultimate universal language. I recently finished recording and mastering a song, link is in the post.

Anyone who likes instrumentals can give it a listen. The words spoken throughout the song are those of Charlie Chaplin and is referred to as the 'Barber's Speech'.

Here it is in text form :

"I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone, if possible, Jew, gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other's happiness — not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another.
In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way. Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.
The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men, cries out for universal brotherhood, for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world — millions of despairing men, women and little children — victims of a system"

It talks about world peace and unity.
Just thought of sharing it here Very we!
Cheers

http://www.reverbnation.com/c./poni/244003757   

• Page:
Message list:  

22.11.2013, 14:21

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

If I could +1 it more than once, I would!

Grats dude! It's amazing what people can create. If you're on bass, guitar and drums, then who's doing the keyboard though? :-)

As for the text: that's as relevant today as it must have been back then. Sadly. Maybe just swap "radio" for "internet" or "social media".
I especially "like" the sentence: "Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want." 

22.11.2013, 16:50

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

Wow, thankyou for those words.

This track was composed completely by me, the keyboards you hear are MIDI (meaning computer generated). Since I don't play in a band (i prefer playing alone, since it gives me complete control over the direction of the song) a lot of the instruments in the song are computer generated.

I like the whole speech, it provokes a man to confront what he has really become; an animal. Too caught up in progressing in his own life that he has forgotten the most basic forms of kindness. 

22.11.2013, 17:20

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

what do you mean "computer generated"? How does that work? 

22.11.2013, 19:26

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

MIDI files are like "composed" music files. They hold several instruments and play notes as if it were following a music sheet, but they sound differently depending on the instrument sets the sound card has (General MIDI for the win). Back in my days, those were the main kind of music files used on MS-DOS games. A sample (Windows Media Player plays them): http://files.abandonia.com/music/Albion/Albion%20-%20Celtic%20Hut.mid ...

Being a sequence of notes, they are much smaller sized than MP3s, but they are limited to the instrument set, so the quality and variety might be smaller too. But you can get some decent sound when exploited well. To you And this guy seems to have proved that. 

22.11.2013, 19:56

Desolation72724
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

JN, Rogue Cat explained it pretty well.

There are pre-set sounds generated through the computer sound card. They don't sound very real and fresh, that's why it is not preferred. Infact, one can easily figure the difference between a real guitar and a midi generated guitar.

I'll let this link explain : This track is COMPLETELY midi generated. Nothing is actually played, everything is set up through computers. That's why it has the 'machinistic/monotonous' tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paVMOV7QrRQ ...  

5.08.2014, 09:43

magejohnson

Moderator Jane84 has deleted this message  

3.09.2014, 01:45

Phuture2k
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Phuture2k LLC

+1 for working for KPMG, fellow colleague Very we! 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> World Peace

• Page: